Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centre parks Longford

Options
  • 14-02-2019 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Any one have a look at this for summer 2019 looked at website there and it looks expensive to me or am I missing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Its looks pretty expensive alright, and frustrating thing is that a lot of the activities aren't even included in the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SteM

Crazy prices alright. Who in their right mind would pay €1049 for 3 nights away in Longford at the end of August?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It is expensive, you pay for your accommodation which includes the use of the pool but everything else costs extra. Other than the hassle involved a week aboard is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It's crazy money alright! I looked at it as we had been to a similar park (not a centre parcs) in France last summer & as we are not going abroad this year, thought it would be a great alternative! Not for that money though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

you'd want to be mad to go there this summer anyway.

Give it at least 6 months for snag lists to be complete, staff fully up to speed etc ...

As with any project on this scale there are likely to be a lot of teething problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, don't know what is going on with their pricing. Was in a similar one as well before and it was fab, but nowhere near that cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,422 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I presume they're pricing this year is going for the 'early adopter' market. The people with more money than sense who are prepared to pay a huge premium to have something first, even when that something is inferior to the version 1.5 that gets released months later for less money.

There are lots of people who like the exclusivity of somewhere expensive and in the coming years they'll be able to tell their friends that it was great when it first opened but then they lowered the prices 'now it's gone to sh1t'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

mitresize5 wrote: »
    you'd want to be mad to go there this summer anyway.

Give it at least 6 months for snag lists to be complete, staff fully up to speed etc ...

As with any project on this scale there are likely to be a lot of teething problems

Yeah I’d say this is good advice, I will probably leave it until next year to go and see how it is. The prices might settle a bit but I’d certainly be going out of season a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

I persume you will be able to go for a day trip and vist restaurant and play areas and have a look I am only about an hour from the place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

popa smurf wrote: »
    I persume you will be able to go for a day trip and vist restaurant and play areas and have a look I am only about an hour from the place

I don't think you can do day trips

• Advertisement
Advertisement