Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Cancer society refusing donations from fox hunters

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I do wonder how many of these numerous complaints received by the ICS were from actual cancer patients and how many originated from the same IP address using different names.
    Strange that it was never a problem until now and all of a sudden different patients from different parts of the country all decided at the same time to get highly offended at the fact money from field sports was being used to help them.
    I think someone spent a long night alone in front of a computer being outraged whilst writing numerous emails of complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

solarwinds wrote: »
    Strange that it was never a problem until now and all of a sudden different patients from different parts of the country all decided at the same time to get highly offended at the fact money from field sports was being used to help them.

My point exactly - made in post #95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

solarwinds wrote: »
    I do wonder how many of these numerous complaints received by the ICS were from actual cancer patients and how many originated from the same IP address using different names.
    I think someone spent a long night alone in front of a computer being outraged whilst writing numerous emails of complaint.

Yea, very easily done. An anti group with a private page on Facebook etc could easily organise a bunch of emails complaining to ICS. They've been doing this below the belt stuff for years. Wouldnt even be surprised if some of them indeed are cancer survivor's. Having cancer wouldnt change their views.

One things for sure though, not a chance they'd refuse the treatment, knowing that animals are being tested on. Even knowing that gun clubs, hunts etc are donating. But yea, they can't, BUT complain. They were well looked after, and came out the other side of it. F*** anyone else that is fighting for their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Eddie B wrote: »
    Yea, very easily done. An anti group with a private page on Facebook etc could easily organise a bunch of emails complaining to ICS. They've been doing this below the belt stuff for years. Wouldnt even be surprised if some of them indeed are cancer survivor's. Having cancer wouldnt change their views.

One things for sure though, not a chance they'd refuse the treatment, knowing that animals are being tested on. Even knowing that gun clubs, hunts etc are donating. But yea, they can't, BUT complain. They were well looked after, and came out the other side of it. F*** anyone else that is fighting for their lives.

Our friends in Iscabs have pre-written letters on the website for their 'supporters' to forward to their favourite TD / charity etc on a whole plethora of things they dont like.

Tbh they are little better than a bunch of old grannies out to push their minority views and opinions on the rest of the universe. The law needs to crack down on this type of fake representation ****e ...

Eddie B wrote: »

I seem to remember that Linda McCartney refused treatment because of her strong vegetarian/anti animal cruelty beliefs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

While I respect the opinions and way of life of other people, who can make their own way to hell by their own means, I will NOT have their mode of transport imposed on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

I seem to remember that Linda McCartney refused treatment because of her strong vegetarian/anti animal cruelty beliefs.

Yea, fair enough. But I doubt it's something that most anti's would choose to do. Yes a lot of people choose to not have treatment, but very very few refuse treatment for animal welfare reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not to mind large amounts of dosh for alt cancer treatments??:rolleyes.Nice when you have millions that then you can be preachy to others .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement