Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste of time

Options
  • 14-02-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am very disappointed in the service received thus far on my mortgage application
    I have received my AIP and my mortgage maker is one who does not even bother to ring back
    We have had to keep on chasing him up for an update which is outside the SLA given

We have found a house. To get a letter of over is taking over one month!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

As someone who recently got a mortgage with BOI, the mortgage maker team themselves are grand when you get to talk to them.  The problem seems to be that too much of the entire process is manual. You shouldn't have to ring/email to see if a document has been received or approved, yet in 2018 that isn't possible for BOI.  It is fairly basic to allow progress checking to be made visible over the web, but BOI (again) show just how much out of touch they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ati123

My mortgage maker doesnt appear to be bothered
    I am getting frustrated now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ati123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Ati123 wrote: »
    Ati123 wrote: »
    I am very disappointed in the service received thus far on my mortgage application
    I have received my AIP and my mortgage maker is one who does not even bother to ring back
    We have had to keep on chasing him up for an update which is outside the SLA given

We have found a house. To get a letter of over is taking over one month!

Thanks Ati123 for reaching out to us here.

Sorry it's frustrating, we would like to try and help you with this today.

Is it okay if we send you a PM for more information and we'll escalate this quickly for you?

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement