Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Ruling

Options
  • 14-02-2019 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Ok so I played my first proper 18 of the year today. The first hole I went over the green on my second shot an out of bounds but, as it was just myself, I dropped one rather than walk back and proceeded to get a 6.

On I play for the rest of the 18 and hit a great patch on the back nine that leaves me with 89 for the day. I have never broken 90 before so..... I went back to hole 1 after I finished, took the shot i was supposed to go back for and didn't, and got a 6 again.

Am I lying to myself or does this count as breaking 90?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

pakman wrote: »
    Ok so I played my first proper 18 of the year today. The first hole I went over the green on my second shot an out of bounds but, as it was just myself, I dropped one rather than walk back and proceeded to get a 6.

On I play for the rest of the 18 and hit a great patch on the back nine that leaves me with 89 for the day. I have never broken 90 before so..... I went back to hole 1 after I finished, took the shot i was supposed to go back for and didn't, and got a 6 again.

Am I lying to myself or does this count as breaking 90?

Arguably it was harder to get the six when you knew you had a good chance of a PB.
    Its not at all legal or valid, but well done.
    Now you know you can do it so it will be easier next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭golfer79

GreeBo wrote: »
    Arguably it was harder to get the six when you knew you had a good chance of a PB.

I would tend to agree. And well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pakman

GreeBo wrote: »

yeah I'll still go for a legit sub 90 but nice to show I can do it. 5 over on back 9 was highlight enough for me :)

Advertisement