Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Message not sent: service not activated on network"

Options
  • 14-02-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I have a xiaomi mi A2, on the Eir network. I just tried to send a group message to 5 people, and received this error message

I have sent out group messages recently, and have never encountered this problem until now.
    I have tried resending, I have tried restarting the phone and resending, or sending a different message, all return with same error message.

What is going on? how can I fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Not a direct answer but multiple recipients can be selected using eir's webtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

epicmoe wrote: »
    I have a xiaomi mi A2, on the Eir network. I just tried to send a group message to 5 people, and received this error message

I have sent out group messages recently, and have never encountered this problem until now.
    I have tried resending, I have tried restarting the phone and resending, or sending a different message, all return with same error message.

What is going on? how can I fix this? Thanks.
    Similar error comes if you trying send MMS if service not activate/wrong settings/fault on service. Are you sending as MMS or have inserted image/contact, etc. ?

If this the case, ask Eir to resend settings to you

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

If it's a new phone, or your first time attempting to send an MMS via messages, then you probably need to ask them to enable MMS messaging on your account.

I have no idea why this is still a thing in 2019 but used have the same problem on Vodafone.

Advertisement