Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Cork, looking for Hairdresser

Options
  • 14-02-2019 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am going through chemo soon and instead of waiting for my hair to fall out I would rather be in charge of that myself.
    Could you recommend an understanding hairdresser who wont ask me if I am sure I want all my hair gone or give me that sad look.
    I know a big ask.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

sheeple00 wrote: »
    I am going through chemo soon and instead of waiting for my hair to fall out I would rather be in charge of that myself.
    Could you recommend an understanding hairdresser who wont ask me if I am sure I want all my hair gone or give me that sad look.
    I know a big ask.
    Thank you

https://kevin-ryan-hairdressing-trichology.business.site
    My wife worked with Kevin years ago. Really nice fella and very good at his job.

All the best with the chemo. Hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why not buy a head shaver and do it yourself or have someone do it for you in your own time, in your own home? €30 in boots or argos would get you a decent shaver, if say.

Best of luck with your journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sheeple00

Thank you both for your responses. I would be afraid of making a hack job of it, the beer revolu, although I could ask to see if one of my friends would be willing to do it but I don't want really want to put that on them either.

I will give Kevin a call Red, thank you for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If you are going for a complete head shave, there really is no skill involved at all. A child could do it fine.
    If you want a short, styled cut, then some practice is required, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

sheeple00 wrote: »
    I know a big ask.
    Thank you

Best of luck with the chemo, my only advice is to try and keep up a sense of humour and you will be great.
    Personally my wife shaved my head a few weeks after the first treatment.
    We had a nice bottle of wine and kind of laughed and cried at the same time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement