Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin's finally up for sale.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I meant assist living apartments. Not regular apartments.
    They would ideally need to be within walking distance of services and shops. So town is idea.

If I owned it I would sell it go do something somewhere else. I'd be confused what to do with it.
    That said if you look back over the 20 yrs there been a steady trickle of (small) business back into the main street.
    Maybe it needs a mini shopping centre, with some medical services.

Though the timing with a recession looming is terrible. There is however a massive shortage of resources of every kind for older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

"This application was received by Fingal County Council on 05 May 2020 and registered on 26 Nov 2020. On 17 Dec 2020, the decision REFUSE PERMISSION was made by Fingal County Council."

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

I do think that this is the right decision. A nursing home smack bang in the middle of the village which is already too congested is not ideal. Plenty of green space around that would be more suitable.

I do think that this is the right decision. A nursing home smack bang in the middle of the village which is already too congested is not ideal. Plenty of green space around that would be more suitable.

I'm 50:50 on it.

The majority of nursing homes I've experienced have almost no green space, and what is there, isn't maintained or tiny as they don't have the funds, or people to look after it. I had this picture in my head of manicured grounds but that's not the reality. A lot residents aren't that interested either. I thought they would be. Also being stuck out in the middle of nowhere isn't ideal either, for a variety of reasons.

Is Blanch congested? I've rarely have a problem getting to any of the shops or businesses in it. Main congestion seems to be through traffic going up past the Bell or to Blanch Center at peak times. That peak time traffic is getting worse though. It is busy. Castleknock is a lot worse though due to the junction and signal design.

Maybe they'll get a 40 floor hotel in there. Or communal living space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Blanch is regularly congested, particularly at the Justins end.

Hurrache wrote: »

But isn't that because of traffic going to the center and the brutal sequence at those lights and the ones at tracta motors. Always avoid both junctions. It's not volume of traffic in the village itself.

Going from blanch up Clonsilla road is usually clear for example.

Hurrache wrote: »

But isn't that because of traffic going to the center and the brutal sequence at those lights and the ones at tracta motors. Always avoid both junctions. It's not volume of traffic in the village itself.

Going from blanch up Clonsilla road is usually clear for example.

Maybe it's the same difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Seems to have been refused based on a flooding risk. The river tolka runs through this site. Outdated assessments were used in the application. Issues relating to the flooding included the presence of basement levels and vulnerable occupants in a flooding event.

A big redesign will be needed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Seems to have been refused based on a flooding risk. The river tolka runs through this site. Outdated assessments were used in the application. Issues relating to the flooding included the presence of basement levels and vulnerable occupants in a flooding event.

A big redesign will be needed I think.

Not surprised its a total flood plane down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

New planning application gone in for 37 apartments in a four-storey building. Deadline for obs is 15th December, but only noticed the sign last week.

FW22A/0265

"The development will consist of : (i) The demolition of the part single part two storey building & single storey sheds and the removal of containers within the side; (ii) construction of 1 no. 4 storey over lower ground floor apartment building and providing a total of 37 no. residential apartments comprising 13 no. one-bed units, 22 no. two-bed units and 2 no. three-bed units."

Tried to post link but it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I for one will be sad to see Justins go. Its been a feature of Blanch village since long before I moved here.

Justins had some lovely plants and flowers in season. Their new potatoes were always cheaper than any of the major supermarkets. It was the type of place where you'd go in to buy one thing and come out with what you were looking for, and few other bits and bobs, that you hadn't even thought you needed, including "foreign" food and sauces not sold elsewhere.

I'd like to see it kept as a retail presence, with living accomodation including flats or apartments or whatever, over the shop.

As for a nursing home, I can see where they were coming from there. Look at Marymount Nursing Home for example on the way out to Lucan. There is no easy way of staff members getting to work there without driving their own car or having a lift from someone also working there. The location would be especially ofputting to many potential staff many I assume on minimum wages or just above, maybe not even working F/T. and not owning or driving a car. As for getting there on a bicycle - not unless they had a death wish. As these people don't have the use of or can't afford to drive cars, place like that, out in the countryside, would be constantly looking for staff.

Justins site, on the other hand, located in the middle of Blanch village with a regular and frequent bus service running past their front door, and a well served train station about a 15 minute walk away, is perfect from a commuting point of view.,

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

L52 bus stops outside Marymount. I'll admit it's not the most frequent thing in the world but with route from Blanch to Adamstown and potential for rail linkup at Clonsilla and Adamstown, it's not the worst place to get to.

Advertisement