Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening to the reservoir?

Options
  • 14-02-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭

I was passing by the reservoir above Stillorgan and saw that the side wall has been opened and the water possibly drained.(Coudn't see well though)

Does anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They were planning to cover it, it may be part of that process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Hmmm, ok, thank you very much, @Payton

Seems a bit unnecessary, - if it ain't broke, why fix it? but these things are inscrutable.

How well they wouldn't fix a water feature that IS broken, the Glenalbyn swimming pool less than a mile away :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Seems a bit unnecessary, - if it ain't broke, why fix it? but these things are inscrutable.

Its >150 years old and not up to modern standards, so it is broke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Damn reservoir dogs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hmmm, ok, thank you very much, @Payton

How well they wouldn't fix a water feature that IS broken, the Glenalbyn swimming pool less than a mile away :-(

Jesus Christ, I’ve heard it all now. It’s 150 years old and serving a much bigger population.

Also I’m. It sure if you are aware but Irish water dont have any thing to do with swimming pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Nevertheless, there was a time when local youngsters mitching from school used to sneak up to the reservoir for a sly dip. Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nevertheless, there was a time when local youngsters mitching from school used to sneak up to the reservoir for a sly dip. Fact!

Ring the Gazette - 'Young people take sneaky summer swims in local body of water shocker.'

Did it myself loads, i think my old mountain bike spent more time on its side at the top of the reservoir bank than it did on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Last year the water was contaminated for a number of weeks. The water was literally muck so glad to hear they are doing something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

bleary wrote: »
    Last year the water was contaminated for a number of weeks. The water was literally muck so glad to hear they are doing something about it.

At a given point in time, you can never tell where your water is coming from. If your tap water was muddy, it's more likely it was dust and debris that got into the system thanks to a broken pipe somewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement