Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Apparently, Lisa Smith is being held by Syrian rebels in a "Safe House" along the northern Syria border.

Yes, and many more too...and she is not the only one. isis running wild around that area is s bit exaggerated.

Well, she most likely will be coming home and soon.

Yes, I'd say so. And pressure now being put on the country's who have their citizens fighting with isis, that they bring their citizens home too..

Danzy wrote: »
    What you are calling for is a remaking of Islam.

Al Azhar University, the leading authority on Sunni Islam for a 1000 years + stated that Isis could be called terrorists but not heretics as they strictly follow Islam.
    I have forwarded your posts on so they can amend their long record of error.

Danzy,
    if sarcasm is your best answer to my post, try again, but this time, by offering possible solutions.
    My comment's on here are based on experience, what's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sure Leo and Simon might as well invite Shamima Begum back here as well so Lisa has someone to chat to about the fun times they had watching people being beheaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

.if irish born we have no option but to let them back in whether we want them or not. they will be forced here anyway, so it will be much easier for it to happen on our terms then them to be forced upon us.
    also, brainwashed as they might be, it's no guarantee of them automatically being a threat as long as they are got in time.
    you also still haven't answered my question of what terrorist acts they have committed, where and when those acts were committed.
    so i am assuming, on the basis of your lack of an answer, and my inability to find anything myself, that the answer is that they haven't committed any terrorist acts?

I didn't say they committed any terrorist acts and I stand over what I called them in my previous posts, they have been fed that murderous ideology since birth and their parents still believe in it so there is no way they will ever change as they grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Sure Leo and Simon might as well invite Shamima Begum back here as well so Lisa has someone to chat to about the fun times they had watching people being beheaded.

yes, they might as well invite a british citizen who britain thinks it is to good to deal with, to ireland, because they are doing of their own accord, what will happen in the end anyway, taking back an irish citizen. makes sense indeed.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I didn't say they committed any terrorist acts and I stand over what I called them in my previous posts, they have been fed that murderous ideology since birth and their parents still believe in it so there is no way they will ever change as they grow up.

you called them minny terrorists.
    as i understand things, for someone to be a terrorist they will have had to have committed terrorism, or have evidence against them to show that they are planning to commit terrorist acts.
    given that this doesn't look to be the case in relation to these children, then i am afraid you are incorrect and they are not terrorists, minny or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tuxy wrote: »
    If she makes it to Turkey we can't force them to keep her and we can't make her stateless so what other legal option is there?

use any number of shady characters to ensure that the only way she comes back here is in a wooden box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

use any number of shady characters to ensure that the only way she comes back here is in a wooden box.

But Sinn Fein are not in government we mostly have white collar criminals in power so they don't have the right set of skills or the motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I mean if your going to go down that route you could just make sure something happened when she got home. Where would you stop though unless they put her up in witness protection her parents home would more than likely be targeted and its not the right thing to do.

She should be done for terrorist charges and help deprogram if they can, the child most definitely should be taken from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://twitter.com/RTV_Rijnmond/status/1184525386077618177

https://www.rijnmond.nl/nieuws/187337/Tientallen-aanhoudingen-na-demonstratie-Koerden-en-Turken-in-Rotterdam

Turks and Kurds rioting in Rotterdam last night. My poor, poor city.

Tekst is in Dutch but 3 video's with sound for all of you to enjoy.

But see there the consequences of what is happening in the middle east.
    We are going to have a lot of fun when those isis assholes manage to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

inforfun wrote: »
    [
    Turks and Kurds rioting in Rotterdam last night. My poor, poor city.

Bit of shouting, one lad waving a flag in the rain?

Will they have to rebuild the city from scratch do you think?

:)

Several police officers wounded.
    Occupying a Dutch city's centre waving Turkish flags and yellign the usual crap about ther fairy i nthe sky

But dont let that stop you defending that ****.

Funny joke that last one by the way, considering Rotterdam had to be rebuild from scratch after the Germans bombed it flat in 1940. Cute smiley too
    Make some jokes about members of my family that were killed during the bombing while you are at it.

Several police officers wounded.

Yeah but I can only go on what you post and the 37 second clip was pretty meek as "riots" go to be fair.
    Funny joke that last one by the way, considering Rotterdam had to be rebuild from scratch after the Germans bombed it flat in 1940. Cute smiley too
    Make some jokes about members of my family that were killed during the bombing while you are at it.

giphy.gif

There you go.

I knew i could count on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Boggles wrote: »
    Bit of shouting, one lad waving a flag in the rain?

Will they have to rebuild the city from scratch do you think?

:)
    Something about a "snackbar". Even though it was in Dutch, I could make that bit out. Angry and hungry?

Maybe they just got the munchies after an evening spent in the cannabis cafe.

There you go.

I knew i could count on you.

Jesus lad. You threw up a 37 second video from a Dutch twitter account. The video was meek in the extreme apart from you claiming it was a "riot", I can only go on the clip because I can't understand Dutch.

If you are going to start crying wambulance because of miscommunication maybe stop sharing your Dutch twitter feed.

Yeah... you are not worth the ban nor my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just like ex-fighters from the IRA turns to crime to continue some sort of "struggle" so ex-fighters from ISIS will turn to crime and poison everyone around them.
    I'd rather not have ex-IRA or ex-ISIS around me or my children.

Yeah... you are not worth the ban nor my time.

Tá tú an-chineálta. Go raibh maith agat.

• Advertisement

Belgium today (via google translate)
    Our country is being summoned again, this time to bring one terrorist, three IS widows and ten children from Syria to Belgium or another safe place in the region. This is what De Morgen and Het Laatste Nieuws write. The case will be brought before the Brussels court at the end of this week.

Belga
     11:02

These are three women from Syria fighters, a terrorist and their ten children, who are between seven years and six months old. The women and children are staying in the Al-Hol refugee camp, which is outside the buffer zone now occupied by the Turks in Syria. Mezroui is in the infirmary of the Kurdish prison in Al-Hasakah.

Medical reports from the children show that they are severely malnourished and have chronic diarrhea. The right arm is amputated for one boy. The lawyers emphasize miserable circumstances, which is why they demand that their clients be transferred to a safe place as quickly as possible. That may be Belgium or one of the neighboring countries of Syria, such as Turkey, Jordan or Lebanon.

If our government does not take action within fifteen days, the lawyers will demand periodic penalty payments of 7,500 euros per person per day, with a maximum amount of 1.5 million euros per applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If our government does not take action within fifteen days, the lawyers will demand periodic penalty payments of 7,500 euros per person per day, with a maximum amount of 1.5 million euros per applicant.

Those amounts based on anything?

Copy\paste of the full article.

Maybe they had jobs in Belgium that paid that before they left for Syria........

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

And what cut do the lawyers get? :rolleyes:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

The media is keen to show images of innocent looking little kids in refugee camps. What they don't like to mention too much is that their fathers and mothers are terrorists, they are only in those camps because their fathers are either dead or in prison and their mothers have nowhere else to go. Had ISIS been successful you'd never have seen those kids, well not until they'd grown up and were posting videos of each other beheading people. These children have been indoctrinated and fed a diet of hatred. They will always be a threat to society. Their parents will always be a treat to society. In all honesty, I think the only solution is to bomb the camps and wipe out every last ISIS connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

We are meant to have moved on from the ‘string her up’ mentality

"Where is Rakaya, a two-year-old Irish girl displaced in North East Syria since Monday?

Who?

Rakaya. She’s just a little girl. She is in an area which even Médecins Sans Frontières isevacuating on safety grounds. She must be terrified.

Her mother must be terrified for her.

Her mother, Lisa Smith.

Ah, now we know what you’re talking about!

Lisa Smith, the “Isis Bride”!

Who cares what happens to her? Didn’t she leave a good job in the Irish military in 2015 and end up marrying an Isis jihadi?

The jihadi, Sajid Aslam, waskilled earlier this year, so littleRakaya has only one parent left in the world.

To you, she may be Lisa Smith, the Isis Bride, but to Rakaya, she’s probably just mam.

Lisa Smith is a human being.

She doesn’t stop being a human being, no matter what she has done. She never stops having human rights.

That’s meant to be something we understand in civilised societies. We’re meant to have moved on from “String her up!”

How far is leaving Lisa and Rakaya to their own devices in one of the most dangerous areas of the world from “String them up!”?

Before Trump’s troops departure, up until last weekend, our Government’s problem in bringing Lisa and Rakaya home was not in Syria, it was in Ireland.

The issue with bringing Isisassociates home to face justice in their own countries, in Ireland and throughout Europe, is the public opinion on which their democratic governments depend.

There is in all Western countries a strong body of public opinion for which “String them up!” is the best option.

Countries such as Kazakhstan and Kosovo, which have far fewer resources than we do, have repatriated their citizens from Kurdish camps.

The difference is that they are Muslim-majority countries.

Our biggest problem with Lisa Smith is not that we think she will become a suicide bomber.

If that were the case, you’d have to say that leaving her wandering in North Eastern Syria was not the wisest course of action.

“Our biggest problem with Lisa Smith is that she wears a hijab and sometimes even a niquab, covering her face.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/columnists/victoria-white/we-are-meant-to-have-moved-on-from-the-string-her-up-mentality-957734.html

I'm not sure Victoria White will have too much support for her article above

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    We are meant to have moved on from the ‘string her up’ mentality

"Where is Rakaya, a two-year-old Irish girl displaced in North East Syria since Monday?

Who?

Rakaya. She’s just a little girl. She is in an area which even Médecins Sans Frontières isevacuating on safety grounds. She must be terrified.

Her mother must be terrified for her.

Her mother, Lisa Smith.

Ah, now we know what you’re talking about!

Lisa Smith, the “Isis Bride”!

Who cares what happens to her? Didn’t she leave a good job in the Irish military in 2015 and end up marrying an Isis jihadi?

The jihadi, Sajid Aslam, waskilled earlier this year, so littleRakaya has only one parent left in the world.

To you, she may be Lisa Smith, the Isis Bride, but to Rakaya, she’s probably just mam.

Lisa Smith is a human being.

She doesn’t stop being a human being, no matter what she has done. She never stops having human rights.

That’s meant to be something we understand in civilised societies. We’re meant to have moved on from “String her up!”

How far is leaving Lisa and Rakaya to their own devices in one of the most dangerous areas of the world from “String them up!”?

Before Trump’s troops departure, up until last weekend, our Government’s problem in bringing Lisa and Rakaya home was not in Syria, it was in Ireland.

The issue with bringing Isisassociates home to face justice in their own countries, in Ireland and throughout Europe, is the public opinion on which their democratic governments depend.

There is in all Western countries a strong body of public opinion for which “String them up!” is the best option.

Countries such as Kazakhstan and Kosovo, which have far fewer resources than we do, have repatriated their citizens from Kurdish camps.

The difference is that they are Muslim-majority countries.

Our biggest problem with Lisa Smith is not that we think she will become a suicide bomber.

If that were the case, you’d have to say that leaving her wandering in North Eastern Syria was not the wisest course of action.

“Our biggest problem with Lisa Smith is that she wears a hijab and sometimes even a niquab, covering her face.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/columnists/victoria-white/we-are-meant-to-have-moved-on-from-the-string-her-up-mentality-957734.html

I'm not sure Victoria White will have too much support for her article above

she won't, but in saying that she is right in what she states.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

If a woman who worked in the Irish Military left her job and moved abroad and became a muslim and then moved home with kids we would never have even heard of her, no one would care. Lisa Smith joined Isis, she knew what it was, what acts they had committed, what they believed in and she wanted to be a part of it. She was not abducted and forced into it. She is now a victim because her "army" was defeated, now she asks those Isis wanted to destroy to help her.

Thats why people don't want her back. Not because she dresses differently.
    I pity her children but their mother failed them, not us. We should offer to take them, if she loves her children she will send them not use them as a shield to force us to help her now. I don't trust our justice system to protect us.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    If a woman who worked in the Irish Military left her job and moved abroad and became a muslim and then moved home with kids we would never have even heard of her, no one would care. Lisa Smith joined Isis, she knew what it was, what acts they had committed, what they believed in and she wanted to be a part of it. She was not abducted and forced into it. She is now a victim because her "army" was defeated, now she asks those Isis wanted to destroy to help her.

nobody said she is a victim.
    she may have asked those who isis wanted to destroy for help but that isn't the reason the irish government plan to bring her back, they are doing it because by not doing so they are putting at risk their ability to deport foreign criminals back to their country of origin.
    ireland is being realistic about the situation and not burying it's head in the sand unlike, say britain.
    Thats why people don't want her back. Not because she dresses differently.

that's why they may say they don't want her back, but in a number of cases, it will be very much because of the way she dresses, or even their own opinions of syrians/muslims in general.
    either way, whether people want her back or not, or their reasons, which ultimately don't stack up, she wil be returning, as will all european citizens be returned to their country of origin in the long run.
    trump isn't going to take them, he has said as much, it's not his job anyway.
    turkey doesn't want them, they will just rightly release them on to europe.
    syria doesn't want them, the kurds are under serious threat, assad is in his backside taking on foreign terrorists.
    I pity her children but their mother failed them, not us. We should offer to take them, if she loves her children she will send them not use them as a shield to force us to help her now. I don't trust our justice system to protect us.

it is much easyier to take both of them back, then to try and take back the child, and have her forced back to us later on, which she will be, when syria eventually gets round to deporting all foreign terrorists, which they will at some stage.
    it would be against international law for us to refuse to take her back, and if we were to breach international law, then we would end up like britain, who are showing themselves to be a nation who cannot be trusted, and who will i suspect, due to their attempts to dump british born isis fighters on to other countries, face the possibility of other countries trying similar on them in terms of foreign criminals they would want to deport, something britain has essentially said is justifiable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement