Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that they’re sending her to Achill.
    Careful now.

Love this quote from her father in the independent piece.

"She went over there believing she was going somewhere peaceful, like one of those farms the Quakers have in the States. But what she got was obviously very different."

Fact they are sending rangers over likely means they ain't meeting her at the airport or even in Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that they’re sending her to Achill.

At high tide with a bit of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

"She went over there believing she was going somewhere peaceful, like one of those farms the Quakers have in the States. But what she got was obviously very different."

Fact they are sending rangers over likely means thyey ain't meeting her at the airport or even in Turkey.
    She went to join ISIS in Syria in 2015, expecting it would be like joining an Amish community or some such?

The statements were are expected to entertain actually leave me speechless. I mean, this is beyond ...... just beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

No doubt the Russian fella will be next. Afterall it is the progressive thing to do :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Is there not some protocol involved around deploying Irish Defence Forces on specific missions abroad.
    Does it not require at least some element of approval by Dáil Éireann ?
    Varadkar is the chief, because he is Minister for Defence as well as Taoiseach.
    This is 100% his baby.
    Dail would need to be consulted for a declaration of war, but not for normal operational matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Fact they are sending rangers over likely means they ain't meeting her at the airport or even in Turkey.

...in me eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Is there not some protocol involved around deploying Irish Defence Forces on specific missions abroad.

Does it not require at least some element of approval by Dáil Éireann ?

You would imagine (and this is only my guess) that she will be extracted via Turkey, and that an element of coordination and approval from Turkish authorities would have been sought and granted from Ankara.

The Turkish offensive in Northern-Syria probably proved to be good news for Lisa Smith (if not the Kurdish), and gave the Irish government a window to get her out with their cooperation.

The state papers will make for interesting reading when they are eventually released.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Absolutely disgusting decision to send the army rangers to rescue a terrorist traitor ,
    The only reason they should have been deployed was to neutralise her .

Shame on this government

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Deleted

• Advertisement

She will be brought home vip style and be given free legal aid with multiple barristers reminding her to not say a word and she hasn't broken Irish laws and she's a victim ,followed by an appearance on the late late show with tuberty ,
    Before a trip to social welfare to collect her back date allowences

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

recedite wrote: »
    This is 100% his baby.
    Dail would need to be consulted for a declaration of war, but not for normal operational matters.

if any Army Ranger's are going to Turkey to pick up Lisa and Child, they will not be dressed in full operational military rig-out., weapons and all. Even traveling in civvies, they will still have to be given the GL from the Turkish Government given the situation. And most likely they will be accompanied with Turkish Diplomatic /Security personnel while in Turkey, and until the plane takes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

recedite wrote: »
    This is 100% his baby.

I see,so,I suppose the question could be asked if this "mission" can reasonably be described as a Normal Operational Matter for Óglaigh na hÉireann.

https://www.military.ie/en/what-we-do/#anchor-3

Thre is obviously a great deal more involved in this deployment,but nonetheless,it does raise the question as to the setting of precedent for repatriating those who may feel the need to recant their original nationality and beliefs and become active against their own.

As another poster refers to,our State Papers will make interesting reading in 30 years time,if the State manages to survive that long ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Mules wrote: »
    No doubt the Russian fella will be next. Afterall it is the progressive thing to do :rolleyes:

No, I think that there are more options with him....and I hope that they are used

Yurt! wrote: »
    You would imagine (and this is only my guess) that she will be extracted via Turkey, and that an element of coordination and approval from Turkish authorities would have been sought and granted from Ankara.

The Turkish offensive in Northern-Syria probably proved to be good news for Lisa Smith (if not the Kurdish), and gave the Irish government a window to get her out with their cooperation.

The state papers will make for interesting reading when they are eventually released.

Because of the change in circumstance's, now the Govt have to get a move on and get Lisa and Baby home....spotlight is on all Country's whose citizen's who are members of isis, and captive in Syria, to get them home. Trump has threatened to drop British isis members back home on their doorstep, if they don't get a move on. But other Country's have repatriated isis member's home, not enough as it turn's out, but it has been done and is being done, quietly in most case's. This option was available to the Irish Govt too, if they really wanted Lisa home sooner. Had that been the case, Lisa and Baby would have been home a long time ago. So now the whole thing will be stage managed, and unless the unthinkable happens,,, Lisa will be home very soon....in the next day or two. That's assuming that she is not already back in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gatling wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusting decision to send the army rangers to rescue a terrorist traitor ,
    The only reason they should have been deployed was to neutralise her .

Shame on this government

Who gave the order to go ahead with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I just hope no-one is killed or injured to bring this ****ing bitch back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

This is Ireland. This is what we have become and this is what we keep voting back in. It’s beyond belief at this stage.

Who gave the order to go ahead with this?

Leo !

The only candidate

Hal3000 wrote: »
    This is Ireland. This is what we have become and this is what we keep voting back in. It’s beyond belief at this stage.

Yes everyone know's what the problem is.. keep voting the same crowd ( or variation's of, but basically the same ) the thing is, who else do we vote for???? Our choices are very limited...and the Politicians know this too. All the shenanigans going on at the moment in Dail Eireann.....do you think that the German's, French, British etc would tolerate it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Leo !

The only candidate

Does Leo not realise he would be fcuked off the top of a building under the regime this traitor supports

With all the talk about the British and mess with Brexit, the at least had the bottle and stripped the citizenship of the young Isis bride.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

mgn wrote: »
    With all the talk about the British and mess with Brexit, the at least had the bottle and stripped the citizenship of the young Isis bride.

I think that moron had duel citizenship with Bangladesh.

Unfortunately our terrorist loving Islamist fanatic only has Irish citizenship.

Does Leo not realise he would be fcuked off the top of a building under the regime this traitor supports

Maybe he has a pair of fairly Wings that will deploy from his suit to save himself .

I'm sure someone will come along and tell us she will ah have valuable information , nothing that couldn't be got in Syria at the hands of trained personnel,

This whole rescue mission - i can hear the lines in the dail how he saved jihadi Lisa and brought her home to a council house and celebrity

statesaver wrote: »

The law should be changed, but that won't happen either because Charlie Flanagan is too busy going around calling people racist because the dont want a refugee center in their town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Dancing With the Stars is coming back in January, RTE will be looking for celeb dancers

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Why are we spending thousands bringing this terrorist bitch back to Ireland . This country is a joke ,

statesaver wrote: »

She does. But the Bangladeshi's have more sense and have refused to issue her a passport!

They don't want her there either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Hal3000 wrote: »

At a time when we recently saw cuts to the training allowance for people with disabilities. This woman is going to cost the country millions over the next 40 years.

Disgusting.

• Advertisement

Leo !

The only candidate

Varadkar said we need to show "compassion" for her.

Strange that not many in authority in Europe felt the same compassion for the Yazidi's who bore the brunt of the ISIS atrocities. ISIS. The crowd this woman went out to follow that wanted a Calpihate..

I'd rather take 1,000 Yazidi's into Ireland than take Lisa Smith back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement