Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

statesaver wrote: »
    I think that moron had duel citizenship with Bangladesh.

Unfortunately our terrorist loving Islamist fanatic only has Irish citizenship.

she doesn't have citizenship of bangladesh as i understand it, more it is that she may be entitled to such citizenship because of her parents.
    she is very unlikely to be getting bangladeshi citizenship and rightly so as she is ultimately british regardless of any stripping of british citizenship, so i reccan she will ultimately be returned to britain at some stage whether britain wants it or not.
    terenc wrote: »
    Why are we spending thousands bringing this terrorist bitch back to Ireland . This country is a joke ,

because it will be easier and likely cheaper for us to handle her return then to have it forced upon us. she is coming back to ireland either way, better it be at our hands then trump or the syrians or the turks.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It would be terrible if she fell into the wrong hands over there and accidentally lost her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

she doesn't have citizenship of bangladesh as i understand it, more it is that she may be entitled to such citizenship because of her parents.
    she is very unlikely to be getting bangladeshi citizenship and rightly so as she is ultimately british regardless of any stripping of british citizenship, so i reccan she will ultimately be returned to britain at some stage whether britain wants it or not.

because it will be easier and likely cheaper for us to handle her return then to have it forced upon us. she is coming back to ireland either way, better it be at our hands then trump or the syrians or the turks.

Trump is really pushing for all Country's to repatriate its isis member's and this is the catalyst I think...he has threatened to dump British isis members on their borders. Its all up in the air now though...seems the biggest stumbling block at the moment is Lisa herself....if she really wanted to come home ASAP..she would have been home by now. Estimated time frame is now being measured in week's...if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Danzy wrote: »
    Am Qadri comes from a tiny sect of Islam which are heretical to that faith.

LisaSmith's friends are trying to wipe them out as well.

Al Quadri is a mainstream Sunni Muslim. You might be thinking of the fella from Galway. He's an Ahmadi Muslim. Lisa's crowd would behead him.

jmreire wrote: »
    Trump is really pushing for all Country's to repatriate its isis member's and this is the catalyst I think...he has threatened to dump British isis members on their borders. Its all up in the air now though...seems the biggest stumbling block at the moment is Lisa herself....if she really wanted to come home ASAP..she would have been home by now. Estimated time frame is now being measured in week's...if all goes well.

i think it ultimately won't be her choice in the end.

she may very well decide not to accept whatever terms the government may put to her in exchange for bringing her home but out of that there are a couple of possibilities.
    1. government bring her home anyway and tell her tough.
    2. she ends up staying where she is and is eventually thrown out anyway.
    i very rarely agree with trump on anything but i 100% support him on the issue of countries taking back their isis members, and i support him carrying out his threat of dropping them back if countries refuse to do it of their own accord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The only option she should be offered by any member of the defence forces on our behalf is a USP with a single round and told she's knows what to do .

The lads can come home safe and sound to job well-done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

i think it ultimately won't be her choice in the end.

she may very well decide not to accept whatever terms the government may put to her in exchange for bringing her home but out of that there are a couple of possibilities.
    1. government bring her home anyway and tell her tough.
    2. she ends up staying where she is and is eventually thrown out anyway.
    i very rarely agree with trump on anything but i 100% support him on the issue of countries taking back their isis members, and i support him carrying out his threat of dropping them back if countries refuse to do it of their own accord.

After Afghanistan in the 80s, Islamic militants returned home across the world, they formed the backbone of new movements across the Islamic world from Gia in Algeria to Al Qaeda, in Egypt, the group that went on to become Islamic state in Iraq and many others.

The difference now is the larger scale in people returning and that thousands are returning to Europe.

They'll be the backbone of new movements in years to come.

Bring them back is one thing but people must accept the consequences and the political leadership across Europe do not seem willing.

After Afghanistan in the 80s, Islamic militants returned home across the world, they formed the backbone of new movements across the Islamic world from Gia in Algeria to Al Qaeda, in Egypt, the group that went on to become Islamic state in Iraq and many others.

The difference now is the larger scale in people returning and that thousands are returning to Europe.

They'll be the backbone of new movements in years to come.

Bring them back is one thing but people must accept the consequences and the political leadership across Europe do not seem willing.

And what has changed? These people were extreme Islamist's in their own Country's even before they departed to join the Taleban, Al-Qaeda, or the latest one, Isis. And there are plenty more out there who share their ideas, but have not (yet) done anything about it. So it's something that we have to live with, and build up the best defenses we can. And that's the reality.They are not going to go away, and are now a factor in our Life. ( unfortunately ) The Genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

And what has changed? These people were extreme Islamist's in their own Country's even before they departed to join the Taleban, Al-Qaeda, or the latest one, Isis. And there are plenty more out there who share their ideas, but have not (yet) done anything about it. So it's something that we have to live with, and build up the best defenses we can. And that's the reality.They are not going to go away, and are now a factor in our Life. ( unfortunately ) The Genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

They are now highly trained, have gone from talking about fighting to having killed, years of battle experience in some cases, have contacts on which they can call on for logistical and financial support.

They are now a proven product and will be admired by many at the mosque, the more hard-core will have people they can learn from and emulate.

Give France a few 9 11 scale attacks, lot of working class people will do something.

The modern Left and liberal style politics will be swept away. People will elect a Govt on a war footing, if they leave it till an election to act, which I doubt they will.

People will eventually break.

One radical thing is like to see is centres of worship were people preach about killing, share material on such, the need for it to be closed.

Reasonable but to do that would see a very large % of Mosques closed, it will not be done out of fear of the backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

They are now highly trained, have gone from talking about fighting to having killed, years of battle experience in some cases, have contacts on which they can call on for logistical and financial support.

They are now a proven product and will be admired by many at the mosque, the more hard-core will have people they can learn from and emulate.

Give France a few 9 11 scale attacks, lot of working class people will do something.

The modern Left and liberal style politics will be swept away. People will elect a Govt on a war footing, if they leave it till an election to act, which I doubt they will.

People will eventually break.

One radical thing is like to see is centres of worship were people preach about killing, share material on such, the need for it to be closed.

Reasonable but to do that would see a very large % of Mosques closed, it will not be done out of fear of the backlash.

By then it will be too late, why do you think countries like France have left in so many of these people.

Ireland 2040 plan, Leo wants the Irish in Ireland to be a minority.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    The only option she should be offered by any member of the defence forces on our behalf is a USP with a single round and told she's knows what to do .

The lads can come home safe and sound to job well-done

I can see where you are coming from Gatling, and I can understand it, I'd say that's the opinion of the majority here in Ireland. But if anything happens to her, we will be dragged into it if the Irish Defense forces are involved. if they have ( or even seen to ) anything to do with her death, there will be hell to pay. They will have "Martyred" Lisa, and revenge will be forthcoming. This will do nothing to improve the security of the Irish Army contingent on the Golan Height's.Or any other Irish working in the region? Even back home here in Ireland? We will have become another Country to add to the list "Crusader's", and become legitimate targets for not only isis, but any other extremist group's too. The RW should never have been sent to that region in the 1st place, if only to avoid that happening,,,,,maybe Leo saw some good headline's to be got, big welcoming committee at Dublin Airport etc. Other Country's have got their isis countrymen out with out using special forces, why not us? They should get on the 1st plane out , and come home. To make matter's worse, she now seem's to have changed her mind. Will turnout to be some fiasco if after all that effort and expense,,,,they come home empty handed, or worse..in coffins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gerry Hannon

I can see where you are coming from Gatling, and I can understand it, I'd say that's the opinion of the majority here in Ireland. But if anything happens to her, we will be dragged into it if the Irish Defense forces are involved. if they have ( or even seen to ) anything to do with her death, there will be hell to pay. They will have "Martyred" Lisa, and revenge will be forthcoming. This will do nothing to improve the security of the Irish Army contingent on the Golan Height's.Or any other Irish working in the region? Even back home here in Ireland? We will have become another Country to add to the list "Crusader's", and become legitimate targets for not only isis, but any other extremist group's too. The RW should never have been sent to that region in the 1st place, if only to avoid that happening,,,,,maybe Leo saw some good headline's to be got, big welcoming committee at Dublin Airport etc. Other Country's have got their isis countrymen out with out using special forces, why not us? They should get on the 1st plane out , and come home. To make matter's worse, she now seem's to have changed her mind. Will turnout to be some fiasco if after all that effort and expense,,,,they come home empty handed, or worse..in coffins.

I understand what your saying here but I detest this attitude that we wouldn't want to make them mad at us, hopefully they'll leave us alone a little bit longer. Its nonsense, I don't want to make any Irish people a target for no reason but where does it end? Smiths Irish so we probably have to take her back but f*&k this crowd we shouldn't compromise with these people and not give them the respect of making decisions for fear of them. Scumbag savages the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I understand what your saying here but I detest this attitude that we wouldn't want to make them mad at us, hopefully they'll leave us alone a little bit longer. Its nonsense, I don't want to make any Irish people a target for no reason but where does it end? Smiths Irish so we probably have to take her back but f*&k this crowd we shouldn't compromise with these people and not give them the respect of making decisions for fear of them. Scumbag savages the lot of them

Your correct, if she wants to come back, it should be on our terms and conditions not hers, if she doesn't like them, let her rot there, I can't see too many people bothered about that.

To recap:- We have a situation where an Irish woman up and joined a murderous organization, isis. Now in the present time, the same Woman is in a Turkish refugee camp, and the push is on to get her home.To this end, the Irish Govt have dispatched a team which includes member's of an elite army wing. Effectively, we have inserted an Irish Military presence into a war zone, where we have absolutely no business being. Let the Diplomat's solve the problem of Lisa. That's their job, same as has been done with other Country's...keep our military out of it.
    This is not about appeasing isis ( or other's) and afraid to act in case it trigger's an attack...( they don't need an excuse anyway ) but when you consider it took the Army's of America, Syria, Russia, Iran, and the Kurd's to demolish the Caliphate, at cost of the live's of thousand's, and took nearly 2 years to accomplish, for sure I'm happy that the focus of isis is elsewhere at the moment, and not on Ireland. Long may it continue like that, which is why I think that the RW members need to be brought home ASAP in case they get involved deeper in the Lisa mess, and drag the Country with them.

By then it will be too late, why do you think countries like France have left in so many of these people.

Ireland 2040 plan, Leo wants the Irish in Ireland to be a minority.

I could see France having a civil war or Belfast in the 80s level of fighting if there was a big attack.

It was a tinder box after the spate of attacks.

That's not hyperbole and has been also said by past Ministers and a past head of French Intelligence.

Self inflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

I could see France having a civil war or Belfast in the 80s level of fighting if there was a big attack.

It was a tinder box after the spate of attacks.

That's not hyperbole and has been also said by past Ministers and a past head of French Intelligence.

Self inflicted.

What nationality is Leo.

What nationality is Leo.

irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

Another disgraceful move by Dublin's finest

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

irish.

Is his Father not Indian (Hindu) Thought he might have dual citizenship.

Is his Father not Indian (Hindu) Thought he might have dual citizenship.

yes as far as i know he is of indian parentage and herritage.
    he may have dual citizenship but from what i understand he was born here, so irish would be his primary nationality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Mark Stone inside an IS camp. Chilling. Notice the way one of the women handles her crying child from a cot - people who have been abused pass it along to the next weakest being. The boy saying We will slaughter you. There are 70000 people in this camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The numbers are staggering 70,000 in one camp, with 10,000 in the annex for "foreigners". And still growing too by the looks of it. They don't believe in birth control. Not many men to be seen, but going by the number of young babies, there must be a couple of men doing the rounds.
    Its like some post-apocalyptic Mad Max type civilisation.

recedite wrote: »
    The numbers are staggering 70,000 in one camp, with 10,000 in the annex for "foreigners". And still growing too by the looks of it. They don't believe in birth control. Not many men to be seen, but going by the number of young babies, there must be a couple of men doing the rounds.
    Its like some post-apocalyptic Mad Max type civilisation.

They are not all confined to one camp...there are 5 camps in that area, plus the one that used to be in Ain-Issa,( before the Turks arrived ) This is the camp Lisa was being held in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

recedite wrote: »

I know some guys that like the crazy ladies, but I think a lot of these females would be way beyond crazy. :(

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

jmayo wrote: »
    I know some guys that like the crazy ladies, but I think a lot of these females would be way beyond crazy. :(
    But if quantity rather than quality is your thing... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Gynoid wrote: »

Mark Stone inside an IS camp. Chilling. Notice the way one of the women handles her crying child from a cot - people who have been abused pass it along to the next weakest being. The boy saying We will slaughter you. There are 70000 people in this camp.

Grim. Grim. Grim. Grim. There is no hope there. Children want to butcher us. I don't see any solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

emo72 wrote: »
    Grim. Grim. Grim. Grim. There is no hope there. Children want to butcher us. I don't see any solution.

I do - bomb that camp and every single **** in it back to the Stone Age. Job done.

Conflicting stories as whether the second Irish person is her daughter or another female terrorist.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/turkey-says-it-plans-to-deport-two-irish-terrorists-shortly-1.4079261%3fmode=amp
    It is not known if the second Irish person referred to is Ms Smith’s daughter or another person. It may be a reference to Irina Bekmirzaev, the wife of Islamic State terrorist and Irish passport holder Alexander Bekmirzaev.

Ms Bekmirzaev, along with her six year old son, shared a tent with Ms Smith and her daughter in the Ain Issa holding camp in North East Syria before it was attacked by Turkish backed militias. She does not have an Irish passport but her son does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It looks as if time has run out for reason & commonsense...

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/lisa-smith-among-detainees-to-be-deported-from-islamic-state-38680924.html

One can but hope that the Garda investigation into this woman's activities will be thorough and that the Irish Government of the day will have the wherewithal to act upon it.

It's all a matter of self protection now.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Conflicting stories as whether the second Irish person is her daughter or another female terrorist.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/turkey-says-it-plans-to-deport-two-irish-terrorists-shortly-1.4079261%3fmode=amp

6 is too old he'd be indoctrinated. Smiths kid might have a hope if it got put into care and someone sane reared it. Still dont know why we bother with any of the adult psychos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement