Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Execution without any kind of due process or trial is exactly the kind of thing they do. And that's what you're suggesting. Do you think you're different because you're suggesting a bullet rather than a beheading?

Yes very. And don't forget I wouldn't film it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Boggles wrote: »
    Under the law she was a child. It's defined in law. Our opinions are irrelevant.

So unless you advocating for a law change to allow 15 year olds be groomed, then I would love to hear your reasoning around it.

have u seen the interview she said she watched some videos - unless shes a vegetable no one in their right head would fall for that, when asked did she do anything wrong she responded theres no evidence against her of any wrong doing she did repeat that several times - that alone suggests she most likely did some crazy $hit but will be hard to prove.Also seems grooming came from the father what about that as last read their going to get her to syria wonder is there any chance both of them could be charged.

good news is thou that defence minister said he will do anything in his powers to stop her from coming back into UK. Which includes refusal of entry and many more options.

Plus the muppet will need her passport and reading online seems these eejits usually give it away or burn it to show faith to ISIS, so if she has no passport they could easily refuse to issue one to her making it impossible to travel.

As from interview she said shes so far gone that no intervention will help her - so basically she wants to walk around with her baby as nothing happened back in uk.

and whats even worse if it happens it will cost millions to put her on surveillance, housing , welfare, medical care, most likely new identity.
    for a trash bag like that.

when that money could be used for British single mothers instead who struggle not fckn terrorists.

As i guarantee if shes back there will be mass uprising on those in government that made it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

Yes very. And don't forget I wouldn't film it either.

Cool, I like Western values, the ones you think you're trying to protect while proposing the behaviour of a dictator, so I'll stick with a functioning justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

scamalert wrote: »
    have u seen the interview she said she watched some videos - unless shes a vegetable no one in their right head would fall for that, when asked did she do anything wrong she responded theres no evidence against her of any wrong doing she did repeat that several times - that alone suggests she most likely did some crazy $hit but will be hard to prove.Also seems grooming came from the father what about that as last read their going to get her to syria wonder is there any chance both of them could be charged.

good news is thou that defnce minister said he will do anything in his powers to stop her from coming back into UK. Which includes refusal of entry and many more options.

Plus the muppet will need her passport and reading online seems these eejits usually give it away or burn it to show faith to ISIS, so if she has no passport they could easily refuse to issue one to her making it impossible to travel.

As from interview she said shes so far gone that no intervention will help her - so basically she wants to walk around with her baby as nothing happened back in uk.

and whats even worse if it happens it will cost millions to put her on surveillance, housing , welfare, medical care, most likely new identity.
    for a trash bag like that.

when that money could be used for British single mothers instead who struggle not fckn terrorists.

As i guarantee if shes back there will be mass protests on those who made it happen if not worse, as that is beyond acceptable.

it was the home secretary who said that and what little powers he has to prevent a british citizen entering the UK amount to only a temporary block.

it was the home secretary who said that and what little powers he has to prevent a british citizen entering the UK amount to only a temporary block.
    apparently quite a lot of options, as said she most likely doesn't have passport and that alone could be dragged out for ages until they gather all the evidence they need to prosecute her for life. Plus no chance of crossing any border legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

apparently quite a lot of options, as said she most likely doesn't have passport and that alone could be dragged out for ages until they gather all the evidence they need to prosecute her for life.

like i said, only temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Execution without any kind of due process or trial is exactly the kind of thing they do. And that's what you're suggesting. Do you think you're different because you're suggesting a bullet rather than a beheading?
    Cool, I like Western values, the ones you think you're trying to protect while proposing the behaviour of a dictator, so I'll stick with a functioning justice system.

Do you know why we still have those Western values ?

To use a quote attributed to George Orwell ...
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us."

By all accounts he did actually say ...
    ...that pacifists cannot accept the statement "Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.", despite it being "grossly obvious.

Western values have only ever been protected by actually getting down and very dirty with enemies that tried to subvert and destory those values.

Fighting ISIS is a dirty war and if you lose to them you just face death.
    By extension they are probably not treated as normal POWs.

Think of it as being similar to the sumary justice often handed out to members of the SS by all Allied forces and not just the Soviets.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

1. How can we prove anything if we give her a bullet in the head with no attempt to find out?

2. Probably because she's spent four years in a cult.

We already know she's a terrorist in a terrorist organisation she willing left the UK for a better life under said terrorist organisation .

Now what has to be proved -

Gatling wrote: »
    We already know she's a terrorist in a terrorist organisation she willing left the UK for a better life under said terrorist organisation .

Now what has to be proved -

The previous poster had said "prove she was brainwashed". That's what I was replying to. At least try and follow the conversation if you're going to weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The previous poster had said "prove she was brainwashed". That's what I was replying to. At least try and follow the conversation if you're going to weigh in.

And what ?

There is a thing we used to call responsibility.

It doesn't matter if she took acid, read mein kampf or watched vidoes and spoke to fundamentalists.
    She went out of her way to get to ISIS controlled area, married some fighter and stayed there until the ar** fell out of things and now wants to get home.

Why are you making excuses for her and trying your damnest to downplay her actions?

Would you be so forgiving if it was some ar**hole that acted out as a KKK or nazi?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    And what ?

There is a thing we used to call responsibility.

It doesn't matter if she took acid, read mein kampf or watched vidoes and spoke to fundamentalists.
    She went out of her way to get to ISIS controlled area, married some fighter and stayed there until the ar** fell out of things and now wants to get home.

Why are you making excuses for her and trying your damnest to downplay her actions?

Would you be so forgiving if it was some ar**hole that acted out as a KKK or nazi?

How is "I think we should put her on trial, send her to prison for life and put her baby up for adoption" downplaying her actions? Because that's what I have suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dear oh dear

Welcome to boards "discussion"forums

How is "I think we should put her on trial, send her to prison for life and put her baby up for adoption" downplaying her actions? Because that's what I have suggested.

All paid in advance by British TAX payers to support terrorist for life.

She said herself shes beyond rehabilitation so stop taking pi$$ out of other people who give valid points, and you still ask for proof is she brainwashed.

shes in middle of nowhere and probably with no passport to legally pass any border, even if she does that would prove a point that she posses way larger threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭volchitsa

It's not my opinion, you do know that?

She was a victim of crime, that is the law.

Again, that is not my opinion.

I'm not at all sure the law about her part in what happened is anywhere near as simlpe as you seem to think. She stole her sister's passport to travel, just for starters, and the age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.

I don't know why you think anyone under the age of 18 gets some sort of joker to do whatever they want until the day before the 18th birthday. They don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Why inflict that cost on the taxpayer? She married and chose her life. There is such a thing in this life as personal responsibility. Let her stew in her decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I don't know why you think anyone under the age of 18 gets some sort of joker to do whatever they want until the day before the 18th birthday. They don't.

I said no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Just for thought she is worried about her baby that she would be separated from.

What happened to all those kids who lost their parents because of her involvement directly or indirectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I said no such thing.

You said she was a victim of crime. What evidence do you have of that? Her word for it?

You also seemed to be saying that her being 15 meant she was automatically a victim and not a perpetrator, but perhaps you didn't mean that? If not, it seems we are back to what evidence you have of this? Because I'm not aware of any except her own claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The UK authorities will have to take her back, there is no other option.
    She is a British citizen born and bred there and her son is therefore British too. She cant be made Stateless, mores the pity. It would sicken you to think of her coming back to Public housing, benefits and access to the NHS and all the while she will radicalise that child and he will be a menace in seventeen years.

We can block that cretin who got Irish citizenship, we can strip him because he has citizenship elsewhere so he can **** off back there with his mental health issues.

We can learn from this **** now and get our act together regarding refugees. We can follow Trumps example and bar people from countries whose citizens pose a threat to our way of life. We can do what the Hungarian Prime Mimister wants to do, one Muslim to gain entry for every nativeIrish childborn, that will kerp the muslim numbers manageable and if muslims numbers are relatively low to the rest of the population they dont cause trouble.

We are going to get an influx of refugees once the UK tightens up on illegal immigrants, what are those in charge doing to protect our country. The numbers are already on the rise and allowing illegal immigrants to work will make matters much worse. We have an illegal immigrant seeking public office and her story of how she got here has bern factually checked by The Times and there are discrepancies, whats the response of the immigration authorities to this. Well.......

All paid in advance by British TAX payers to support terrorist for life.

All criminals who are imprisoned - child rapists, serial killers etc are paid for by British tax payers. That's how the justice system works. This is a non-argument.
    She said herself shes beyond rehabilitation so stop taking pi$$ out of other people who give valid points, and you still ask for proof is she brainwashed.

No, no I didn't. This is where I wish you'd pay better attention before attacking. Someone else said "Prove she was brainwashed" and I pointed out that it would be difficult to prove anything one way or another if we decide to simply put a bullet in her head.

shes in middle of nowhere and probably with no passport to legally pass any border, even if she does that would prove a point that she posses way larger threat.

Genuinely don't know what point you're trying to make here. Could you try articulating it more coherently?

• Advertisement

i wont entertain trolls reported, as seems any logic escapes you.

i wont entertain trolls reported, as seems any logic escapes you.

Your posts are entirely absent in logic.

I'm basing mine on international and British law. You're basing yours almost entirely on emotion and how you feel about the situation.

Report away, if you're not up for the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

It is safer for us all if these lowlifes are identified and brought back to the countries they were born in. Thats the priority for me, I would prefer they were dead if that was an option.
    If they manage to mingle in with genuine refugees then they could conceivably get asylum in Europe and then they pose a huge threat eherever they go. St least if they are identified they can be kept under surveillance in London or Paris or whatever country they departed from.
    It would be beneficial if as a condition of getting back they are not ever allowed to have a pasdport or a driving licence again and they are to remain living at an address the authorities are aware of. Another condition would be no accesd whatsoever to the internet or if this proved impossible to enforce then surveillance equipment is to be put on any device they use.
    The authorities need to wake up now and stop being afraid of racisl profiling. If for example certain people from ethnic backgrounds try to hire large trucks then the Police need to be informed, we need to stop pussyfooting around, you can see in Begums words the hatred and racism she has for non muslims, dont believe for one second she is in a minority in her community in holding these views, she was fifteen when she left and highly intelligent, she knew exactly what she was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭worded

For some light entertainment ....

BBC funded ..

Its only three days to the beheading and Ive no idea what to wear .... etc

Some youtube comments ...

> The best piece of satire produced in decades: strongly political, feminist and supremely funny.

>I'm Muslim I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Sorry but only people who need to be put on the watch list find this offensive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Perhaps it's a suicide baby, but joking aside, if she is a uk citizen, she has to be allowed back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

The part where you didn't mention she is unrepentant and still doesn't accept what she done was wrong, severed heads didn't bother her and she would like that piece of s-it husband of hers to be released and hopefully some day be with her. Tell it as it is.

And both on welfare back in the UK and on a housing list no doubt and having more kids and all the time the police doing overtime to monitor their activities.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

jmayo wrote: »
    Do you know why we still have those Western values ?

To use a quote attributed to George Orwell ...
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us."

By all accounts he did actually say ...

Western values have only ever been protected by actually getting down and very dirty with enemies that tried to subvert and destory those values.

Fighting ISIS is a dirty war and if you lose to them you just face death.
    By extension they are probably not treated as normal POWs.

Think of it as being similar to the sumary justice often handed out to members of the SS by all Allied forces and not just the Soviets.

Very good points. She had no problem seeing enemy POWS beheaded. But now she's looking for sympathy and human rights as are her supporters. All these terrorists are the same. Great when massacring unarmed men, women and children. Proponents of human rights when captured themselves. She deserves to spend the rest of her life in a tent in Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

volchitsa wrote: »
    Her religion, the one she wanted (still wants, apparently) to enforce on everyone else using murder and barbarous punishments) holds that a 15 year old is an adult. She gets to pick and choose when she follows Islam, does she? Pity she didn't want to extend that right to Syrians in Syria.

her country of origin doesn't consider a 15 year old an adult however. ultimately that is all that matters and not what the religion supposibly believes.
    volchitsa wrote: »
    Importantly too, it isn't just that she went there when she was 15, her main objection now to ISIS seems to be that they weren't Islamic enough.

that's her problem. ultimately she will find that perhapse no country will suit her in terms of being islamic enough.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Who would want to live beside her. She shouldn't be allowed back in. The child should be taken away from her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement