Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ummm she knows how she was recruited

According to her she watched a few videos and decided she wanted in .
    Husband if not already dead is well known to his and other security forces,

Still doesn't explain how bringing her back to the UK is in the best interest of the UK and keeping the UK safe ,

All this can be found out in Syria with no restrictions on interrogation techniques

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

How are we going to get this information you suspect she has. Any answer. Anyone.

Well, I'm not actually a member of MI6 but funnily enough, I wasn't planning to question her myself.

I imagine they know more about interrogation techniques than you or I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Well, I'm not actually a member of MI6 but funnily enough, I wasn't planning to question her myself.

I imagine they know more about interrogation techniques than you or I do.

So know you want her home to be interrogated.
    But probably not to rough hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gatling wrote: »
    First I've heard

I imagine if you stopped ranting and raving for a minute, you'd hear quite a lot for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

If she was left back into society,she has the potential to make more money than any poster's here would possibly make.

Books, interviews, movie, documentary....

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    I imagine if you stopped ranting and raving for a minute, you'd hear quite a lot for the first time.

I'm not ranting or raving but it seems your taking your opinion as fact which it is wrong ,
    Rather than saying you don't have any real answers to what and who your hiding behind this is illegal and that was illegal .
    When in fact we know this woman decided she wanted to live under Isis well in the knowledge of who and what they were before hand ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The sad part is she and the other teenagers were A students and yet they were miserable enough in the UK, miserable to the extent that they thought life in war torn Syria would be better. People who think like this while living in Western Europe really need to pack their bags and move back to an Islamic country. They are never going to find life in modern European countries compatible with the way they want to live and the rest of us arent about to give up womens rights, equality legislation and the rights of homosexual people to live their life as they choose just to suit some Islamic fundamentalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

According to her she watched a few videos and decided she wanted in .
    Husband if not already dead is well known to his and other security forces,

Still doesn't explain how bringing her back to the UK is in the best interest of the UK and keeping the UK safe ,

All this can be found out in Syria with no restrictions on interrogation techniques
    i said the same why is she needed in UK ? Shes in Syria where UK has no business and they dont even want her themselves.

So its fair that Syrians try and interrogate her any information will only be of use to them. If shes tried and let go then yes let them put her on a plane to UK.

scamalert wrote: »
    i said the same why is she needed in UK ? Shes in Syria where UK has no business and they dont even want her themselves.

There is absolutely no need for her to be returned to the UK it's really that simple ,
    The same people who are calling for her to be returned will be the first to post she should be freed as she's the victim and let her live her life because she couldn't be prosecuted

So here's what I think. If she is let back she will be asked or interrogated to what she has done.
    I don't think she will tell the truth and play the poor old me card. There will be no evidence to bring a case so no trial, given accommodation,medical treatment, social welfare payments etc etc.let back into society with people sent to watch her at all times with a massive cost to UK citizens . What happens after this God knows, but after what I suspect she has seen and might have done I don't think it will be the last we hear from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Frightening if she comes back to UK even under surveillance
    she'll switch to full burka how will authorities keep track of her in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭volchitsa

There is absolutely no need for her to be returned to the UK it's really that simple ,

What if she were a Syrian-born woman whose family were originally from, let's say, Germany or Italy, and she had come here to join an armed struggle to set up a "properly" Catholic country here? Or, more plausibly, to fight alongside the IRA?

Would you really agree with Syrians who said that she was our problem and not theirs? Bet you wouldn't.
    The same people who are calling for her to be returned will be the first to post she should be freed as she's the victim and let her live her life because she couldn't be prosecuted
    That's a different problem. But I don't agree that she's more the Syrians' problem than the UK's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I was just thinking why is she allowed to talk uncover her face.And be in the room with the male journalist.And the baby popped up rather conveniently as well.Something seems off with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

volchitsa wrote: »
    What if she were a Syrian-born woman whose family were originally from, let's say, Germany or Italy, and she had come here to join an armed struggle to set up a "properly" Catholic country here? Or, more plausibly, to fight alongside the IRA?

Would you really agree with Syrians who said that she was our problem and not theirs? Bet you wouldn't.

That's a different problem. But I don't agree that she's more the Syrians' problem than the UK's.

The Uk accept mass murderers back into their country all the time.

volchitsa wrote: »

But I don't agree that she's more the Syrians' problem than the UK's.

Well if the crimes are committed in the north aka the UK they get UK justice .

But this is Syria were talking about and crimes committed in Syria

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They hung lord haw haw for less ( and under less than legitimate circumstances)

On another note,she might be safer staying where she is instead of wanting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

So here's what I think. If she is let back she will be asked or interrogated to what she has done.
    I don't think she will tell the truth and play the poor old me card. There will be no evidence to bring a case so no trial, given accommodation,medical treatment, social welfare payments etc etc.let back into society with people sent to watch her at all times with a massive cost to UK citizens . What happens after this God knows, but after what I suspect she has seen and might have done I don't think it will be the last we hear from her.

What do you suspect she has done?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

few more interviews like that and UK will need military to watch her if shes ever back, cant imagine anyone taking it lightly if she ever lands in GB.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Knowing what a terrorist is doing is better than not knowing what a terrorist is doing...

Knowing how a terrorist was recruited is better than not knowing...

Knowing why the propaganda persuaded her to run away is better than not knowing...

I genuinely don't know how to break this down any further for you.

She and other captured ISIS followers in the region are imprisoned and thankfully have no access to phones or the internet. I think that is the best way to keep everyone in the west secure as these people use the internet to communicate and plan attacks.

We do know what she and others are doing. Living in a prison camp in the middle east. That's good enough for most of us. The west should pay the Kurds, our only trustworthy allies in the region and the people who did most of the fighting and dying fighting ISIS, to keep these people locked up indefinitely.

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    few more interviews like that and UK will need military to watch her if shes ever back, cant imagine anyone taking it lightly if she ever lands in GB.

They would be better using the military to eliminate the threat all together ,they have the ability and forces doing just that against Isis fighters in the region

zapitastas wrote: »

Don't know and really don't give a damn. Leaving to join ISIS was enough for me to feel she should never be allowed back into a society that she hates everything about.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

zapitastas wrote: »

Married into and enjoyed living within an organization that mass murdered Syrian and Iraqi soldiers, burnt alive and drowned POWS, beheaded innocent people for minimal crimes, threw gays off buildings, raped and enslaved young girls, mass murdered old women and many male Yazidis. She admits to not regretting anything and thinks all their actions were justified. Whether she personally killed someone is a moot point. The average female concentration camp guard is unlikely to have personally killed someone, but they were an important part of a bigger organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly I wouldn't be against offering someone who was radicalised and recruited into ISIS as a teenager a second chance and a opportunity to return home if they showed remorse and a clear signal that they could be rehabilitated.

However, just listening to Shamima Begum being interviewed now, it's pretty clear that the only thing she regrets is that she's on the losing side and when she's still justifying the Manchester bomb attacks, I think it's fair enough to tell her to stay where she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

yamaha50 wrote: »
    i would be sure when my own daughter is 15 she'd be proficient in guns and prepared to go to fight for the cause i believe in tbh

Yeah, you should probably be on a watch-list somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Folkstonian

Honestly I wouldn't be against offering someone who was radicalised and recruited into ISIS as a teenager a second chance and a opportunity to return home if they showed remorse and a clear signal that they could be rehabilitated.

However, just listening to Shamima Begum being interviewed now, it's pretty clear that the only thing she regrets is that she's on the losing side and when she's still justifying the Manchester bomb attacks, I think it's fair enough to tell her to stay where she is.

Indeed.

Anyone who is able to strike a moral equivalence between the blowing up of teenage girls at a pop concert and targeted air strikes against armed insurgents is so sick and twisted that rehabilitation efforts are never likely to succeed.

She’s a depraved, evil woman and I really wish the media would stop interviewing her at this stage. She’s had her 15 minutes in the spotlight, she’s said her piece and she should be ignored and left to wallow in self pity - isolated and alone in whichever dusty refugee camp she finds herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I watched the full interview there.

I seriously doubt she can be trusted, she shows no remorse at her actions, would love to be in contact with her husband who is an active is fighter.

She showed no emotion, she was given opportunity to show a reason for mercy and she was looking at her phone.

She is comfortable with beheadings and sees this as allowed under Islam.

I would worry about the motives she has for returning, possibly a sleeper agent to recruit a new series of agents for is.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Chisler2

no, she's a danger full stop. the only place she should be is in a british prison where she belongs.

it's not the kurds job or duty to deal with her or other non-syrian nationals. quite rightly making her and others like her stateless will not be happening as it's a breach of international law and rightly so. anyone who would want such to happen should ask themselves as to what should happen if they got their way or elsewhere and one of those people got in here and committed a terrorist act?

it wasn't. she still remains a british citizen.

well we know nothing of the sort it seems. her family were apparently average and were not involved in radicalism or extremism in any form.

she is not at home. she's not a syrian citizen and is a foreign national.

She never had a passport. She left the UK using her SISTER'S passport. On this evening's 6.00pm news on BBC she said she intends to bring up her (now 2-day-old) son as a Muslim.

I think you're right in your thinking. I wonder is there any posters who earlier in the thread were wanting her home to be helped having a change of heart after listening to the interview or reading her comments on the Manchester atrocity. I find it difficult to comprehend anyone could show any ounce of sympathy to this woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I think you're right in your thinking. I wonder is there any posters who earlier in the thread were wanting her home to be helped having a change of heart after listening to the interview or reading her comments on the Manchester atrocity. I find it difficult to comprehend anyone could show any ounce of sympathy to this woman.

Never mind the latest interview, in the previous interviews she admitted she’d seen beheading videos before leaving home and was ok with them.
    Comes over as a total psycho but unfortunately Britain is full of returning Jihadis now, , just google it. They’ll have their hands full preventing another atrocity, they can’ monitor them all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement