Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    If she was an Irish citizen I would expect her to be allowed back in the country and try to rebuild her life and provide for her child.
    Yes, she made a huge mistake. She'll have to live with that

And what about her next mistake. Did you listen to her interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Probably. What would she get 10 out in 5 for this.

Doubt she will see the inside of a cell .

This is what is hard to grasp if she is brought home then they have to bring everyone who claims to British home

Gatling wrote: »
    Doubt she will see the inside of a cell .

This is what is hard to grasp if she is brought home then they have to bring everyone who claims to British home

I agree. After her statement about Manchester there is going to be some backlash if she lands back and walks free to be kept by the Uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

old_aussie wrote: »
    At a cost of millions to the tax payers.

Leave the terrorist bitch there and spend the money on people in need.

Why should the people that her ideology wants to destroy, pay to raise her little jihadi.

the cost is irrelevant. british citizen, british problem.
    it's the job of the british people to pay to help raise the little non-gihadi, which at this moment, is exactly what the baby is

She's allegedly named her new son after a warlord from the 7th century who liked massacring infidels.

This woman far from being innocent is about as big a threat you can get to the west.

I don't believe she has for a minute turned her back on isis. As some have said hardcore brainwashed followers like this are intent on continuing the fight once they return.

Do we wait for another Bataclan, Nice or Manchester or do we say no, you people are unworthy of western citizenship? I'd argue the latter.

Being a member of isis should mean an automatic ban from the west and stripping of citizenship. Only liberal lefties would argue otherwise.

no it's realists that would argue otherwise. because what you want to happen can't be done.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

FTA69 wrote: »
    He wasn’t. That was the father of another one of the girls.

my bad - apologies

I'd still leave her to rot though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Call me crazy, but how does one muster up an ounce of compassion for someone who joins an organisation that, given half a chance would blow each & every one of us into smithereens without as much as a blink of an eye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    If she was an Irish citizen I would expect her to be allowed back in the country and try to rebuild her life and provide for her child.
    Yes, she made a huge mistake. She'll have to live with that

Just wondering if you'd feel the same if you had driven your 15 year old daughter to a pop concert in Manchester,seen her full of excitement about the evening ahead as you waved to her as she entered the venue...then the next time you saw her, she was in bits in a body bag?

Just asking for a friend.

Seeing as she married a Dutch citizen does that give her and her child the right to claim European citizenship?

EOTR, boggles, alone, can she kip round yours?Don’t forget to give her the WiFi code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

^ guardian editor there.

Feel like he is missing something.

• Advertisement

none of that changes anything. she still remains british.

The Home Secretary can in fact remove citizenship.

Is she just to come to Britain and nothing more to be said about it?

Bring her home, and try her for crimes against humanity.

She can go straight to The Hague in her husbands homeland.

Arrest her for what

I dunno. Killing n stuff. Treason. Hate speech. Crimes against humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

only in cases where there is dual citizenship can britain or any country remove citizenship. and as i understand it, that is only where another country is the birth country. so given this particular gihadi was born in britain, even if she has another citizenship britain is unlikely to be able to strip her of british citizenship if what i understand is correct.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Call me crazy, but how does one muster up an ounce of compassion for someone who joins an organisation that, given half a chance would blow each & every one of us into smithereens without as much as a blink of an eye?

Because it's Islam ?

The left and Islam have been aligned for years - it's progressive you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yeah I agree with some of those points too.

Would you maybe give her a chance to have the baby first?

She’s had the baby now, but I wouldn’t have. It’s just one more potential terrorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not if it leaves her stateless, which it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This is what happens when quota matter more than skills in a hiring process.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What a grade A 24 karat atomic powered fcukwit.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

EOTR, boggles, alone, can she kip round yours?

I'd have no problem with it, but the last time I stuck a teenage girl in the spare bedroom the Missus freaked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seems kinds sensible from her end to keep up the rhetoric if she is stuck in a refugee camp with loads of them. I wouldn't expect her to be contrite if she can still be got at, so to speak.

She was a kid when she went over and has seen stuff most people would never dream of; she is not going to be mentally right. At the same time, I don't think coming back sends out the right message to others thinking of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

inforfun wrote: »

Harker is a dozy bastard but don’t think your comment is fair to be honest.

what does your comment have to do with the tweet?

Jaysus, I thought the tweet would be the most stupid thing I read today.

Congrats.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Her plight is not the west's problem, more important things to worry about. She should have thought about all this before she left. Every last ISIS member is a potential threat, man or woman. They are committed to the downfall of the west, they've made no bones about it. Welcoming them back would be inviting a significant 5th column to return.

And if 99 out of 100 did nothing, it only takes the 100th to commit a terrorist atrocity.

That said intelligence forces usually catch 90% or so of plots before they take place. So for every nutjob who commits a terrorist act, there's 9 or 10 others trying to we never hear of.

Call me crazy, but how does one muster up an ounce of compassion for someone who joins an organiksation that, given half a chance would blow each & every one of us into smithereens without as much as a blink of an eye?

You will get plenty of crazies on here pretending they want her home to face a trial, knowing full well there won't be one. But once they get her home they can then cry on about how she was abused and needs help. They won't be happy till she's roaming the streets of the UK again.

These crazies are as much a threat to innocent citizens of the west as the terrorists themselves.

You will get plenty of crazies on here pretending they want her home to face a trial, knowing full well there won't be one. But once they get her home they can then cry on about how she was abused and needs help. They won't be happy till she's roaming the streets of the UK again.

These crazies are as much a threat to innocent citizens of the west as the terrorists themselves.

How can you say she would not be investigated given that previous returnees have been prosecuted and jailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

yamaha50 wrote: »
    A lot of islamaphpobia bad racism ans miisoginy on this yhread.
    The child is a brittish citizen and should be brought home and given a flat

Firstly, Islamophobia is not a word.
    A phobia? – the word comes from an ancient Greek term meaning more-or-less ‘panic’ – is a haunting, disabling, panic-inducing, and above all irrational, terror of something generally considered harmless. Cats, clowns, enclosed spaces and the number 13 are among a myriad of such objects.
    It is not a phobia to criticise Islam’s oppression of women, the literally countless terrorist activities all over the world, or the huge, ongoing massacres of Christians in the third world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ohfa6muwtsvkc1

If the UK won't take her, Ireland should. As per the CTA she has that right. Her kid deserves a break. As for her, let MI5 follow her forever.

• Advertisement

Her plight is not the west's problem, more important things to worry about.

Why do people keep saying this, like it's a fact? :confused:

Her and the 1000's like her are most definitely the West's problem.

That's not some whittle from a Professor with a PHD in the Bleeding Heart.

It's what the Kurds are demanding, backed by The Donald in his usual threatening way.

The proxy war in Syria between the USA and Russia is over, Putin won. The Kurds will be thrown to the wolves and the camps will seize to exist.

You either control their return or they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement