Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

When they are found guilty, who knows what punishment the country who is holding them will see fit to hand out.

Well, taking the person that is the subject of this thread, it would be the Syrian Kurds that would put her on trial. Reading a couple of articles on their judicial system, which seems to be based on rehabilitation and reconciliation.

She'd probably get less than a year, if that at all.

So with that, would she be allowed back to Britain then? (3rd time asking).

Answer me a simple question please. I'm sure you seen the link ohnotgmail posted. If not its post no.741.Do you think this is justice. Do you think this would deter anyone. Would you be afraid to leave to join terrorists knowing that this is what you come back to.

Is it the woman who brought her infant son to Syria?

I would have given her 20 years for child endangerment, she was an adult and a mother she should have know better.

But what I think is moot. You do understand that right?

Any debate has to have at least a toe in reality, or else it's just a bunch of people fantasying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »
    Well, taking the person that is the subject of this thread, it would be the Syrian Kurds that would put her on trial. Reading a couple of articles on their judicial system, which seems to be based on rehabilitation and reconciliation.

She'd probably get less than a year, if that at all.

So with that, would she be allowed back to Britain then? (3rd time asking).

Is it the woman who brought her infant son to Syria?

I would have given her 20 years for child endangerment, she was an adult and a mother she should have know better.

But what I think is moot. You do understand that right?

Any debate has to have at least a toe in reality, or else it's just a bunch of people fantasying.
    Why do you keep asking me would she be allowed back into the UK. You and alot of the other head in the sand gang keep telling me that she can't be refused to your delight I may add.My argument is that there should be some way of this not being the case. Syrian kurds are big into rehabilitation and reconciliation I definitely think someone is fantasizing. Would you let someone into your house who you thought wanted to kill you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Christ be a few of the posters on this thread sad.

Common sense prevails thankfully.

• Advertisement

I didn't think it was legal to leave someone Stateless. Particularly if they haven't been tried and convicted of anything. Bizarre, though I understand the gesture. Particularly since they've let actual former IS fighters back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But ,but,but

Who's she's problem now

Gatling wrote: »
    But ,but,but

Who's she's problem now

Who cares, she won't be doing any harm in Europe now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Proper order. Off with her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Wow! That's some development. Has just been reported on Sky News too.

As I said in an earlier post when it comes to matters as serious as her case, the state, the home office, should be allowed to have the final say rather than being bound by international law. Earlier I also said that having her back sends out the totally wrong message to those who would be inclined to follow her path but this decision now sends out the right one. In such cases you have to put the state first, not the individuals.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Wow! That's some development. Has just been reported on Sky News too.

As I said in an earlier post when it comes to matters as serious as her case the state, the home office, should be allowed to have the final say rather than being bound by international law.

What would be the penalty for ignoring international law?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Proper order

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Now it's time to revoke the citizenship of our ISIS "Irishman" . Absolutely no excuses now.

Now it's time to revoke the citizenship of our ISIS "Irishman" . Absolutely no excuses now.

Dead on.

Fair play to the UK if this is all true. Hopefully our shower of government pussys in this country will stand up now and take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Bout time England grew a pair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

She’s now stateless. Haha fúck her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

The right decision. It sends a powerful message to young fools like her that this is not a game or an adventure. This is deadly serious.

She made her bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Folkstonian

Candie wrote: »
    I didn't think it was legal to leave someone Stateless. Particularly if they haven't been tried and convicted of anything. Bizarre, though I understand the gesture. Particularly since they've let actual former IS fighters back in.

She’s not stateless, she was born in Bangladesh of Bangladeshi parents according to a defence correspondent on twitter. So even if she hasn’t got a valid Bangladeshi passport right now she is still naturally a Bangladeshi national.

So thats probably how the home office can be confident they can do this and not break international law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As long as she doesn’t get in here.
    We don’t want to be a dumping ground.

I feared what this sick creature had in mind when she was so insistent on returning to the UK but thankfully now she will never get back

As long as she doesn’t get in here.
    We don’t want to be a dumping ground.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if a few idiots started a campaign to allow her to come and live here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

She’s not stateless, she was born in Bangladesh of Bangladeshi parents according to a defence correspondent on twitter. So even if she hasn’t got w valid Bangladeshi passport right now she is still naturally a Bangladeshi national.

So thats probably how the home office can be confident they can do this and not break international law.

If she has duel Bangladeshi - British citizenship than the British Government can take her British citizenship off her. According to Channel 4 her mother was born in Bangladesh.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if a few idiots started a campaign to allow her to come and live here.

Some of the ones who have been constantly posting on here they don't think she should get back but she has too because the UK can't stop her. She was groomed, and only 15.
    Their silence is deafening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭sonic85

Great news. Have the UK allowed other ISIS members to return to the country though? If so why was her citizenship revoked but others were allowed back in? How does that work? Hopefully this is just the start and the rest of the scum will get similar treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

Don’t ever praise the brits but fair play to them

What would be the penalty for ignoring international law?

Kicked out of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Sure, one of the woke scandi countries will take her on humanitarian grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

No doubt her lawyer, who compares her to a WW1 veteran will launch an appeal.

I think both her parents were born in Bangladesh
    CITIZENSHIP BY BIRTH
    Those that are born to at least one Bangladeshi parent acquire citizenship at birth. Those that are born in Bangladesh to parents whose identity and/or nationality are unknown also acquire citizenship by birth, as the child is assumed to be born to Bangladeshi nationals.

https://www.dualcitizenship.com/countries/bangladesh.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement