Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

They can say all they like publicly. Why do they have less reason to take her in than the UK?

Doesn't really matter why she went to Syria. Fact is she went to join IS, was married to an IS fighter and IS were actively fighting British troops. She has committed an offence.

Because she was ****ing born and raised in the UK and most sources suggest she's never been to Bangladesh in her life? Just say what you really mean: "there's a load of brown Muslims in Bangladesh. That's where she belongs"

What offence has she committed? Tell me the specific one. She hasn't been proven to have committed any offence until she's tried and convicted by a court

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Her parents are Bangladeshi. Therefore she is automatically a Bangladeshi citizen until the age of 21 at which it lapses unless she renews it in advance,
    She's now 19.

Fair play to the Brits. They've saved themselves a fortune in housing her, paying her dole and children's allowance as she'll never work, security forces monitoring costs..and possibly saved some lives too if she was to continue on the militant path that she seems currently wedded to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

there's a load of brown Muslims in Bangladesh. That's where she belongs

I'd agree with you there, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

What offence has she committed? Tell me the specific one. She hasn't been proven to have committed any offence until she's tried and convicted by a court

Arguably, the very act of joining IS is a treasonous act. IS regards all secular states as enemies.

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Arguably, the very act of joining IS is a treasonous act. IS regards all secular states as enemies.

You might be right. But you have to be convicted of treason in a court of law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She can't now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

There’s so many useful idiots in Western Europe it’s almost unbelievable. Who gives a fiddlers feck about some dopey cow who thought ISIS were like the demonic Beatles of the Islamic world.

I’m sure these same people would love her to be housed next door to them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Because she was ****ing born and raised in the UK and most sources suggest she's never been to Bangladesh in her life? Just say what you really mean: "there's a load of brown Muslims in Bangladesh. That's where she belongs"

And? There are plenty of countries where you can be born and raised until 15 and still not have citizenship. She has proven that she despises Britain and everything it stands for, so who cares where she happened to be born? She is an enemy of the state. She joined an organisation which is fighting Britain in Syria. The privilege she was born with has now been lost. Her choice.

I do think she should be tried and convicted, I'll give you that, but why should the British taxpayers fund this evil wagon more than they already have? Maybe they can do trial by video link and then strip her of her citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I havent read all your posts but this one in isolation suggests that you dont have an issue with people supporting or being part of ISIS/ISIL.

Suggesting that unless she is specifically charged or convicted of an offense; somehow negates her choice to join an organisation which is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people by beheading, torture, burning, being rolled over by tanks and all sorts of inhuman acts.

She is complicit of all these atrocities irrespective of whether she carried out any act or not.

She is a supporter, she was for morale and the benefit of the establishment of a Caliphate. She was a prize that was promised and subsequently given to a militant as part of their loyalty fo fight.

She is guilty. She shows no remorse. She made a choice and she should live with the consequences.

She only left Deir ez-Zeir because things got bad for her. She still believes in a Caliphate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

timthumbni wrote: »
    There’s so many useful idiots in Western Europe it’s almost unbelievable. Who gives a fiddlers feck about some dopey cow who thought ISIS were like the demonic Beatles of the Islamic world.

It's funny how all the bleeding hearts would have a heart attack if they had to live amongst people like Shamima Begum or worry about their own kids being blown up on the Tube or mown down by some fanatic while on their way to school. Easy to be all PC when none of it affects you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

jay0109 wrote: »
    Her parents are Bangladeshi. Therefore she is automatically a Bangladeshi citizen until the age of 21 at which it lapses unless she renews it in advance,
    She's now 19.

Fair play to the Brits. They've saved themselves a fortune in housing her, paying her dole and children's allowance as she'll never work, security forces monitoring costs..and possibly saved some lives too if she was to continue on the militant path that she seems currently wedded to.
    A true humanitarian gesture, these millions of pounds that would otherwise be used to provide dole, house her, provide social worker, police liason, a team of police to surveil her round the clock, cyber squad time to tap phones, internet use, etc.
    This can go to educate kids, pay for children's medicine etc. Any number of real humanitarian causes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

timthumbni wrote: »

Because she has rights. The reason we're better than ISIS is because we give people rights. Even the worst serial killers get a trial by their peers. And it's not like anyone here is going to stand up to defend fred west.

No-one here is denying what she did. No-one here is saying she shouldn't face prison time if anything she did was a crime. What people are saying is that she should be held account in court for any crimes she committed and not arbitrarily have her citizenship removed.

There have been actual ISIS fighters who have been let back into the UK. Javid even said in the commons that they are considered low risk. No-one has shown that this girl is high risk. It's a pure publicity stunt by someone who wants to be PM when May leaves.

I said it before, it's weird that the people here are claiming that people like me want to see her go free or that we have sympathy for terrorists, we don't we just want to see justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Grayson wrote: »
    I said it before, it's weird that the people here are claiming that people like me want to see her go free or that we have sympathy for terrorists, we don't we just want to see justice.

That i think is the crux of why people are apposing her returning, because what kind of justice will she really face compared to the crimes of the caliphate and what she may or may not have done.

I would say even if she did get home it would be light touch, so the state would have to invest allot of money protecting her as i assume she would be a target for people who felt she had not actually faced any justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Bring her to the UK...and send her to prison for 10-15 years.

Then again that is a better option than being sent to Bangladesh which is a punishmnent you would not wish on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Because she has rights. The reason we're better than ISIS is because we give people rights. .

Stop the dramatics. ISIS cut people’s heads off then posted it online. No one is advocating that for this dopey cow. We simply don’t want her back in the UK.

There is such a thing as giving people rights. Then there is bending over and taking it up the bum. How about standing up for the decent citizens of your country instead of pandering to legal fat cats out for a feed and useful idiots who don’t know whether to **** or go sailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Justice comes in many forms and everyone will have their own versions.

It's not like she was a Liverpool fan until she turned 15 then put a Man Utd jersey on.

She joined the largest terror organisation on the planet who are responsible for absolute mad sh1t altogether.

What justice would you hope to see in this specific case? Slap on the wrist as she was "only" a "supporter"?

Personally, if you are part of ISIS/ISIL you are part of ISIS/ISIL. Life in prison, Stateless, Death sentance, its all good.

These people gave up their democratic and human rights the second they subscribed to an Organisation which has no problem ignoring their victims human rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Wanted to throw my two cents in here like everyone else has. It is utterly crazy the amount of people that are giving her slack. They are giving her was too much leeway on the grooming side. She didnt get into a car with an older man, or hide drugs for someone. She took an international flight with her mates to Turkey and then onto Syria!

I say this is as someone who taught in a predominately muslim school in inner London. We had one 15 year old who was in the early stages of being groomed, had been contacted by ISIS on social media etc. We were constantly on the look out for this type of thing, had to raise issues I seen myself with some kids under the Prevent policy.

Because she has rights. The reason we're better than ISIS is because we give people rights. Even the worst serial killers get a trial by their peers. And it's not like anyone here is going to stand up to defend fred west.

Maybe you are confusing the legal process with justice.
    Justice is not paying her and her offspring jizya for the rest of their lives.
    That will run to millions and the money is needed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm loathe to support the brits in anything, and they will arguably have made a balls of their economy in a few weeks.
    But fair f*cks to them and their leaders for having the balls to do what they did.

If she was irish she'd probably be let back in here and have a bunch of extreme leftists supporting her.

And then on the Late Late Show the next week for a nice interview with that idiot Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A true humanitarian gesture, these millions of pounds that would otherwise be used to provide dole, house her, provide social worker, police liason, a team of police to surveil her round the clock, cyber squad time to tap phones, internet use, etc.
    This can go to educate kids, pay for children's medicine etc. Any number of real humanitarian causes

you seriously think any more money will be spent on education and medicine then currently. not a chance. the money being needed elsewhere can be used as an excuse for anything.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

I havent read all your posts but this one in isolation suggests that you dont have an issue with people supporting or being part of ISIS/ISIL.

Suggesting that unless she is specifically charged or convicted of an offense; somehow negates her choice to join an organisation which is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people by beheading, torture, burning, being rolled over by tanks and all sorts of inhuman acts.

She is complicit of all these atrocities irrespective of whether she carried out any act or not.

She is a supporter, she was for morale and the benefit of the establishment of a Caliphate. She was a prize that was promised and subsequently given to a militant as part of their loyalty fo fight.

She is guilty. She shows no remorse. She made a choice and she should live with the consequences.

She only left Deir ez-Zeir because things got bad for her. She still believes in a Caliphate.

Where did I say/allude to/suggest any of that?

In these Western, liberal democracies we find ourselves fortunate enough to live in, there's the concept of something called due process. That applies to everyone. She is guilty of nothing until convicted in court regardless of how much ****e people try to peddle too the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Well thankfully now with citizenship revoked, hopefully the British Government won't have to spend 100s and 1000s bringing her back to, protecting, new identity, questioning, trial, etc etc etc.

If she does somehow make the journey, and end up at Passport Control, they can do her for illegally trying enter the country, with a small mater of treason chucked on top. Its just a shame they dont hang you for it any more.

Where did I say/allude to/suggest any of that?

In these Western, liberal democracies we find ourselves fortunate enough to live in, there's the concept of something called due process. That applies to everyone. She is guilty of nothing until convicted in court regardless of how much ****e people try to peddle too the contrary.
    Whether she is guilty of any provable crime really isn't the point, she left the country she was raised in to join a group who would try to kill as many English people they can, now they've been defeated she wants to go back (to the country she despised).

If they were still in power there, would she be wanting to go back "home", she would not, she would probably be celebrating each death.
    She should not be allowed back, ever!

Whether she is guilty of any provable crime really isn't the point, she left the country she was raised in to join a group who would try to kill as many English people they can, now they've been defeated she wants to go back (to the country she despised).

If they were still in power there, would she be wanting to go back "home", she would not, she would probably be celebrating each death.

Of course it's the ****ing point. People are saying she's guilty of this and she's guilty of that.

In the UK she's guilty of nothing until convicted in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

She will probably be in Ireland soon. House waiting for her .

Of course it's the ****ing point. People are saying she's guilty of this and she's guilty of that.

She won't be going to the UK, so the point is moot, she acted against the country, she rejected the country, now they have taken away the key and slammed the door in her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Probably only wanted to come back so her child could be born under the care of the NHS, following the death of her other two kids.

I feel sorry for the kids that did die, and also feel that this kid should be given the best start and care, even if thats in the UK. She can stay though in what ever hellhole she is in, its not their fault that their mother was so bent on death and distruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

She will probably be in Ireland soon. House waiting for her .

The sad thing is that this wouldn't even surprise me.

She should be tried in Syria, where she committed her crimes at least of joining an illegal organisation and probably several other crimes. To put it another way You'd hardly expect an Irish person to face trial in Dublin for a bar fight in Sydney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

She doesn't have to be convicted of anything. It's in the public interest. The Home Secretary has the right to remove her citizenship as long as that wouldn't leave her stateless, and she has the automatic right to Bangladeshi nationality, so f**k her.

Who cares.

As far as I'm concerned my family's rights to walk the streets in safety without being blown to pieces trump the rights of Shamima Kaboom or whatever this barbarian's name is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement