Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

In the immortal words of Ma Sheela my words to this girl would be “tough titties”..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

seamus wrote: »

Stripping her citizenship is a pure populist move to satisfy the rags. It doesn't actually punish her or solve any problems for the UK. If they had let her back in, they could have stuck her in jail for life. That's a proper punishment. Bangladesh might not be the Ritz, but I'll take it over life imprisonment every day of the week.

I'm afraid I just don't buy this 'populist' argument.

I have just heard a Muslim commentator speak in the UK who naturally advocates for her return. She mentioned over the last couple of days she saw a lot of Islamaphoic and racist comments on twitter. Well maybe she did, but the fact that Shamima is Muslim has everything to do with the situation she finds herself in. It's not like it's some irrelevant characteristic about her in which case you'd have a point if she were being treated more harshly because she's Muslim.

As for solving problem for the UK the choice is bring her back and in all likelihood see her in prison and keep her afloat on welfare for the rest of her life when she gets out OR avoid all the cost and trouble and controversy and keep her out of the country. Both options are have some merit.

However my major problem with having her back is because of this talk of 'radicalization'. It just sends a message to anyone who engages in extreme activity abroad that they know in advance if things don't go their way and they return they will be treated like they're simply 'crazy' and need therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Probably only wanted to come back so her child could be born under the care of the NHS, following the death of her other two kids.

I feel sorry for the kids that did die, and also feel that this kid should be given the best start and care, even if thats in the UK. She can stay though in what ever hellhole she is in, its not their fault that their mother was so bent on death and distruction.

Probably? She came out and said that, the cheeky entitled wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

The amount of people on here getting wound up by someone who can't even type capital letters is quite scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What will end up happening is that she will leave her refugee camp and go on the Migrant trail. Turn up at a Soft European country and ask for asylum. She will have no identification and will assume a new identity.

She will get A LOT of help on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

What will end up happening is that she will leave her refugee camp and go on the Migrant trail. Turn up at a Soft European country and ask for asylum. She will have no identification and will assume a new identity.

It will be hard to disguise that face now. Maybe she will start wearing the full veil ****e over her moon face now too. I’m sure that’s what allah would want....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Cead Mile Failte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Where did I say/allude to/suggest any of that?

In these Western, liberal democracies we find ourselves fortunate enough to live in, there's the concept of something called due process. That applies to everyone. She is guilty of nothing until convicted in court regardless of how much ****e people try to peddle too the contrary.

The closest thing I can find that she can currently be charged with in the U.K are these.

"Terrorism Act 2000 - Section 1: This defines terrorism as the use or threat of action which creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public."

"Terrorism Act 2000 - Sections 11 to 13 (offences relating to proscribed organisations)" i.e ISIS/ISIL.

"Terrorism Act 2000 - Sections 59 to 61 (inciting terrorism outside the United Kingdom)."

"Terrorism Act 2006 - Criminal offence for a person to publish statements that encourage, either intentionally or recklessly, the commission of terrorist acts. This includes reference to statements which ‘glorify’ acts of terrorism."

It could be successfully argued that this woman could be charged with any of the above. Depending on her previous online presence. She didnt just sit in the house all day making dinner while her husband was chopping heads off all day.

She supports ISIS/ISIL, she will continue to do so if she gets back to the U.K. in addition to the foreign fighters and supporters currently back in the U.K...It is likely she will seek out or be seeked out by returned fighters / symphatisers or radicalised persons. This poses a legitimate threat to the public.

How you can deny her actions is beyond me. Its as if you are of the view that it is ok to join ISIS/ISIL because it cannot be proved that you committed a crime.

Is this your view for returned fighters aswell? Sure, if the law in the U.K didnt see me choppong heads off, well then, sure it didnt happen.

Is it ok to support ISIS/ISIL?

Is it ok to fight for ISIS/ISIL?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

BBFAN wrote: »
    The amount of people on here getting wound up by someone who can't even type capital letters is quite scary.

The amount of people on here getting wound up because a highly dangerous nut job has been refused entry to another western country to protect its citizens is more than quiet scary

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

She will probably be in Ireland soon. House waiting for her .

ob1.gif

• Advertisement

She should be tried in Syria, where she committed her crimes at least of joining an illegal organisation and probably several other crimes. To put it another way You'd hardly expect an Irish person to face trial in Dublin for a bar fight in Sydney?

Fair point, but this is a genuine question. If this was the case and the decision of the Syrian courts was deportation rather than prison, then what happens? I mean Ireland (as far as I'm aware, correct me if wrong) can't wash their hands of the theoretical guy in a bar fight in Sydney and tell the Australian government "no thanks, he's your problem now" should they wish to deport him.

If the Syrian government decide foreign criminals in their country illegally are to be deported, what right do the original home countries have to refuse?

timthumbni wrote: »
    It will be hard to disguise that face now. Maybe she will start wearing the full veil ****e over her moon face now too. I’m sure that’s what allah would want....

She might be recognizable without a veil but here are 800 of them and who knows how many that werent captured.

Guantanamo bay?? after a few years the bleeding hearts will want them released like before
    Insist that they be handed over to the Kurds and they execute the lot? pretty medieval

What are the real solutions here?
    I think we need a lock em up for life with life-meaning-until-they-actually-die policy for this. That or a multinational court like the Nuremberg trials with executions at the end just like they did with the Nazis.

She is a Muslim, she wants to lead an Islamic way of life, she is already in a Muslim country, which is surrounded by other Muslim countries, what's the problem?
    She stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wanted to throw my two cents in here like everyone else has. It is utterly crazy the amount of people that are giving her slack. They are giving her was too much leeway on the grooming side. She didnt get into a car with an older man, or hide drugs for someone. She took an international flight with her mates to Turkey and then onto Syria!

Grooming is slightly more sophisticated these days, the old man outside a school with a bag of sweets scenario has moved on.

I say this is as someone who taught in a predominately muslim school in inner London. We had one 15 year old who was in the early stages of being groomed, had been contacted by ISIS on social media etc. We were constantly on the look out for this type of thing, had to raise issues I seen myself with some kids under the Prevent policy.

Good for ye, unfortunately having interviewed the girls twice, the school and counter terrorism officers did nothing.

They did less than nothing in fact, they didn't even inform the parents.

Boggles wrote: »
    I have yet to see a grooming case where a child's "education" was used as a defense.

Could you point to one?

It would not be unheard that victims of grooming would still "love" the people that groomed them and want no harm to come to them.

Brass tacks is the cops fooked up, then lied about it and then had to apologize for it. Small comfort.

Just to be clear, this wasn't a couple of normal Bobbies casually interviewing the girls, this was a specific counter terrorism task force with the remit of stopping grooming and radicalization.

The school knew exactly what was happening but didn't bother informing the parents either.

But to get back to your original point

I imagine it would have kicked in if either the school or the police had informed them.

I haven’t forgotten about you, Boggles, just didn’t have the time last night to discuss further.

I’m still confused about many aspects so probably need to read further.

When did the girls first get involved in this?
    When did the police first become aware of what was going on?
    Were all 3 or 4 girls friends for long? What are their stories and could peer pressure have played a part?
    What about the 2 girls who did pass the letters to their parents. Were they all part of the same of the same community and was this discussed with the leaders of the community?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »
    Grooming is slightly more sophisticated these days, the old man outside a school with a bag of sweets scenario has moved on.

Good for ye, unfortunately having interviewed the girls twice, the school and counter terrorism officers did nothing.

They did less than nothing in fact, they didn't even inform the parents.

I have noticed a trend when any of these mad bas-ar-s decide to do something, the head in the sand gang are always very quick to shout it wasn't their fault always someone else fault they decide to do what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

timthumbni wrote: »
    No wonder her Dutchman surrendered if Isis paired him with that mess. And they promised him 1000 stunning virgins...

His name is Yago R. havent found full name and or picture yet but i doubt it is the blond hair\blue eyes variety of Dutch looking at that first name.
    And he has aPICTURED-Terrorist-husband-ISIS-bride-Shamima-Begum.html waiting for him if he returns to The Netherlands because of his ISIS adventures.
    He is currently in the hands of the Kurds. They can keep him as far as i am concerned and do with him whatever pleases them

Edit:
    8a4b0e34af4f9d9c4229cbe558cc54d8.png

There he is. Yago Riedijk. Looks like the result of some multicultural escapades.

Should have gone to geenstijl.nl instead of google..
    Topic there yesterday about how she now wants to come to The Netherlands.

Not much chance of that happening as the marriage took place in the caliphate and she was still under age so that marriage has the value of the square root of **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

inforfun wrote: »
    His name is Yago R. havent found full name and or picture yet but i doubt it is the blond hair\blue eyes variety of Dutch looking at that first name.
    And he has a 6 year prison sentence waiting for him if he returns to The Netherlands because of his ISIS adventures.
    He is currently in the hands of the Kurds. They can keep him as far as i am concerned and do with him whatever pleases them

Yago Red Dick, what a name!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/revealed-shamima-begums-middle-class-14008008

2_Yago-Riedijk.jpg

And make no mistake about it, those women are not innocent victims.

A Dutch journalist, Harald Doornbos was one of the very few journos who had the balls and the contacts to get in ISIS controlled areas during their "best days" and states:
    ISIS women not only fight on a regular basis, they played a instrumental role in building the Islamic State: schooling\brainwashing children, "cleansing" of the local population (read that as ethnic cleansing), slavery and suicide attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And he has aPICTURED-Terrorist-husband-ISIS-bride-Shamima-Begum.html waiting for him if he returns to The Netherlands because of his ISIS adventures.

Edit:
    8a4b0e34af4f9d9c4229cbe558cc54d8.png

There he is. Yago Riedijk. Looks like the result of some multicultural escapades.

Should have gone to geenstijl.nl instead of google..
    Topic there yesterday about how she now wants to come to The Netherlands.

Not much chance of that happening as the marriage took place in the caliphate and she was still under age so that marriage has the value of the square root of **** all.
    And you are a moderator?
    GUYS HE ISNT WHITE LOOK AT HIM!!!!

If he was white would you be saying that honestly?

F#ck this fella and his bride they can rot, but your being racist and there is clearly no need for that.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    And you are a moderator?
    GUYS HE ISNT WHITE LOOK AT HIM!!!!

If he was white would you be saying that honestly?

F#ck this fella and his bride they can rot, but your being racist and there is clearly no need for that.

Here a list of some of the other "Dutch" ISIS travelers.
    These guys are only Dutch when it is convenient for them. other than that they dont give a **** about the country.

In bold the names for your convenience.

But hey, get your panties in a twist because of me describing that twat for what he is.

Also, no idea what me being a moderator has to do with anything but i see that more often used when there are no real arguments to be used.

Here a list of some of the other "Dutch" ISIS travelers.
    These guys are only Dutch when it is convenient for them. other than that they dont give a **** about the country.

In bold the names for your convenience.

But hey, get your panties in a twist because of me describing that twat for what he is.

Also, no idea what me being a moderator has to do with anything but i see that more often used when there are no real arguments to be used.
    "I doubt it is the blond hair\blue eyes variety of Dutch"
    "Looks like the result of some multicultural escapades"

My point is would it make a tap of difference if he was blond with blue eyes? There are plenty of instances of white people joining ISIS etc.

His skin colour/"multicultural escapades" isnt relevant.

I would expect a moderator to demonstrate a degree of non racist decorum and decency, but hey not obviously mandatory here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seamus wrote: »
    “If you have to buy sunscreen you’re safe, if you catch my drift.”
    :D

My point is would it make a tap of difference if he was blond with blue eyes? There are plenty of instances of white people joining ISIS etc.

I would expect a moderator to demonstrate a degree of non racist decorum and decency, but hey not obviously mandatory here.

Yago is as Dutch as it is irish
    Riedijk is very Dutch.

The bog standard thing i get to hear, being Dutch: All Dutch are tall (I am) blond (debatable) and have blue eyes (yep).

This guy in the picture is neither tall nor blond nor has he blue eyes.
    I was just stating the bloody obvious.

But when you look for it, you can find a racist everywhere as long as it suits you agenda of wanting to be "offended at least once a day"

And now, hop on with that moderator stuff. Anywhere else than the gambling forum i am a normal user.
    It is not a paid gig, i only represent myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

This is what gets rightly on my tits,

Us all of the western infedels are scum to these people. Pure scum, Yet they live and protest in the UK (western so called civilised society) By doing so they make use of our freedoms and benefits which they happily do.

If you are so against our way of life, religion, WELFARE/ HEALTHCARE/SAFETY etc etc. -- Pack your bags and leave like this lady,

And once gone, you're gone, you cant live amongst us and take advantage of our way of life and yet denounce us.

You can't have it both ways

I think for once the UK have done the right thing. Its time to take a stand against them all, maybe its time to be more
    proactive and start arresting and deporting those who support ISIS and their ways and prevent them from enjoying our ways when it suits them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Do you think moderators are only doing their job correctly when they agree with your own narrative?

Get a grip.

What about the 2 girls who did pass the letters to their parents.

What 2 girls?
    Were they all part of the same of the same community and was this discussed with the leaders of the community?

Da Fuq? :mad:

Muslims are not the Borg FFS. Not all Muslims are friends, not all Black people are friends, not all White people are friends, it's fooking creepy I have to point that out to someone in 2019.

The school had 1200 students. I couldn't pick my childs friends parents out of a lineup if a gun was put to my head and it's a significantly smaller school.

Racial stereotyping fooking nonsense.

But no it wasn't discussed in the "group think", the parents of the 3 girls didn't get the letters until they found them in the school bags after they left.

But I have no idea why you feel the need to fantasize and appropriate blame in this instance to the parents.

The Met and School messed up, big time. The Met first lied about it and then had to apologize.

What in the fook does that mean?

• Advertisement

Hey Bogger

Back the **** up with the racial profiling angle against me!

Did you see the question marks at the end of my sentences. It means I was asking a ****ing question not making a statement.

You can go **** yerself with your better than everyone else attitude. I was engaging in what I thought was a decent enough conversation with you. You’re not worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement