Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hey Bogger

Back the **** up with the racial profiling angle against me!

You at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Uncharted wrote: »
    Do you think moderators are only doing their job correctly when they agree with your own narrative?

Get a grip.
    This is not a narrative, the terms used were IMO fairly blatantly racist.
    "I doubt it is the blond hair\blue eyes variety of Dutch"
    "Looks like the result of some multicultural escapades"
    Don't tell me to get a grip, have some manners.

Boggles wrote: »
    What in the fook does that mean?
    Transalation = he doesnt sound white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Loving the way everyone piles in on a 19 year easy target but nothing being done about the preachers and hate peddlers in the Mosques. Should they be kicked out and to where? Where do you draw the line?

Like this one??

On 7 July 2013 Abu Qatada was deported from the United Kingdom on a plane bound for Jordan from RAF Northolt.

Or this one??

On 5 October 2012, after an eight-year legal battle, he was extradited from the UK to the United States to face terrorism charges and on 14 April 2014 his trial began in New York. On 19 May 2014, Hamza was found guilty of eleven terrorism charges by a federal jury in Manhattan. On 9 January 2015, he was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

A white Dutch person would be too civilised to decapitate aid workers and also wouldnt rape children.

What is your point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

tretorn wrote: »
    A white Dutch person would be too civilised to decapitate aid workers and also wouldnt rape children.

What is your point.

Too busy picking tulips and propagating seed's of love and servicing windmills....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Too busy picking tulips and propagating seed's of love and servicing windmills....

Dont forget "smoking"

We all smoke drugs of course while running around on clogs munching cheese.

That kind of stereotyping is allowed by the Board of good taste here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've watched a few interviews with her, and she seemed to be unrepentant about what she did, and that she made the right decision.
    I couldn't understand why she didn't just say what people expected her to say, so she could get back to her own country of birth.

But it seems that's the line she is going for now.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47301623

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont forget "smoking"

We all smoke drugs of course while running around on clogs munching cheese.

That kind of stereotyping is allowed by the Board of good taste here.

They're great grower's that's for sure.
    Every year they bring out more and more cultivated varieties of all kinds of plants.

I never met a dishonest Dutch person, they're very honest and matter of fact.

What is your point.
    What are your talking about?
    There are plenty of white dutch people who are convicted child rapists for a start.
    An estimated total of 280 Dutch went to fight in the Syrian Civil War are you saying not one of them was white?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

gmisk wrote: »
    This is not a narrative, the terms used were IMO fairly blatantly racist.
    "I doubt it is the blond hair\blue eyes variety of Dutch"
    "Looks like the result of some multicultural escapades"
    Don't tell me to get a grip, have some manners.

Manners you say ??? :pac:

You have your own opinions and you're entitled to them.
    Perma-offended seems to be your M.O.

Other people are entitled to form their own opinions,contrary to yours.

Like I said,get a grip.

Effects wrote: »
    I couldn't understand why she didn't just say what people expected her to say, so she could get back to her own country of birth.

That just leads more to the theory that she has been brainwashed. She still isn't out of her teens.

But I will point out, if someone returning from the Caliphate starts bawling and repenting in an interview with Sky News, that doesn't make them any less potentially dangerous.

Contrition is pretty easy fake.

That's why it should be up to a court to decide not Kay Burley.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm afraid I just don't buy this 'populist' argument.
    Of course it's populist. When is the last time the UK revoked anyone's citizenship? When is the last time the home secretary made a public song and dance about it?

There are objectively far worse people sitting in British prisons - paedophiles, serial murderers - but nobody ever asked if their citizenship could be revoked. The Daily Mail never called for Ian Huntley to be deported.

Sajid Javid did this without any legal consultation. So either he's a dangerous incompetent moron...or he did it because he knew he could get the racists (i.e. the Tory/Brexit supporters) to bang their fins together.

He is going to lose in court. They are going to have to bring her home and try her. They know this.

So revoking her citizenship was a pointless and futile exercise with no purpose except to gain public support.

The very definition of populist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

BobMc wrote: »
    This is what gets rightly on my tits,

Us all of the western infedels are scum to these people. Pure scum, Yet they live and protest in the UK (western so called civilised society) By doing so they make use of our freedoms and benefits which they happily do.

If you are so against our way of life, religion, WELFARE/ HEALTHCARE/SAFETY etc etc. -- Pack your bags and leave like this lady,

And once gone, you're gone, you cant live amongst us and take advantage of our way of life and yet denounce us.

You can't have it both ways

I think for once the UK have done the right thing. Its time to take a stand against them all, maybe its time to be more
    proactive and start arresting and deporting those who support ISIS and their ways and prevent them from enjoying our ways when it suits them

Sure you can. I don't like your opinions. I think that they're blinkered and bad for society.

Don't want to deport you though. I'm not looking to remove your citizenship because you're intolerant.

We don't police thought. We police actions. If we policed thought we wouldn't let a DUP member go south of the border. We'd certainly never allow them to apply for an Irish passport or allow them to call themselves Irish. The same goes for the IRA. I don't see anyone clamoring to revoke the citizenship of anyone who belongs to those groups or is associated with paramilitaries.

If this girl has committed a crime then charge her. If she's a threat then put her under observation. The fact is that she hasn't been determined to be a threat to anyone or has been determined to have committed a crime.

This is pure political posturing to rile up Daily mail readers.

seamus wrote: »
    Sajid Javid did this without any legal consultation. So either he's a dangerous incompetent moron...or he did it because he knew he could get the racists (i.e. the Tory/Brexit supporters) to bang their fins together.

He did it because he has eyes on the leadership of the party.

The ultimate irony being the colleagues he is trying to impress would never let the son of immigrants lead their party or be Prime Minister.

If she is a threat dont let her back into the UK.

Thats enough for me, I dont need to wait around until she puts on that face hiding garb and straps a suicide bomb to her body.

There is a huge threat in Europe from radicalised Muslims and the security forces have stopped so many we dont even know about. There are thousands of dangerous people who the Muslim community know are a threat, they know they are being radicalised in Mosques but no one will go to the authorities. We cant do much about these enemies of our State but here we have a named person and we can do something about her, we can neutralise the threat she poses.

She is getting far too much publicity now and this will rile up all those disaffected loser young Muslims. The media are being irresponsible, her citizenship has been stripped, I and I am sure most people concerned about their childrens safety would rather we never heard another word about her.

Let her rot in Bangladesh.

Uncharted wrote: »
    Manners you say ??? :pac:

You have your own opinions and you're entitled to them.
    Perma-offended seems to be your M.O.

Other people are entitled to form their own opinions,contrary to yours.

Like I said,get a grip.
    Yes manners.
    The perma-offended comment isn't really worth my time.

Of course they are, but I am entitled to challenge those opinions if I think they are blatantly racist, last time I checked this was a message board that encouraged discussion, telling someone repeatedly to get a grip isn't exactly adding to the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Movementarian

Grayson wrote: »
    Sure you can. I don't like your opinions. I think that they're blinkered and bad for society.

Don't want to deport you though. I'm not looking to remove your citizenship because you're intolerant.

We don't police thought. We police actions. If we policed thought we wouldn't let a DUP member go south of the border. We'd certainly never allow them to apply for an Irish passport or allow them to call themselves Irish. The same goes for the IRA. I don't see anyone clamoring to revoke the citizenship of anyone who belongs to those groups or is associated with paramilitaries.

If this girl has committed a crime then charge her. If she's a threat then put her under observation. The fact is that she hasn't been determined to be a threat to anyone or has been determined to have committed a crime.

This is pure political posturing to rile up Daily mail readers.

But they are policing actions in this case surely no? The girl left the country to join a known terrorist organisation. Shes not being revoked for thinking about doing it. She actually did it.

Also for me what counts massively against people like this who have 'changed their minds' is they all seem to be doing it now that things have gone south massively for the group and they are being destroyed. To me that shows this isnt a genuine change of mind but a last resort.

To willingly take back people who have committed themselves to this type of fanaticism is too big a risk in my humble opinion.

I dont know why you are getting your underpants in a twist about racism.

You do realise Muslims are given permission by their religion to kill infidels.

If you arent a Muslim then by definition you are an infidel and impressionable young people are going to Mosques to be radicalised so eventually they can be persuaded to put on a suicide belt or else hire a truck to drive into defenceless citizens.

I am all over being worried about being racist towards people who hate me.

If she is a threat dont let her back into the UK.

Thats enough for me, I dont need to wait around until she puts on that face hiding garb and straps a suicide bomb to her body.

There is a huge threat in Europe from radicalised Muslims and the security forces have stopped so many we dont even know about. There are thousands of dangerous people who the Muslim community know are a threat, they know they are being radicalised in Mosques but no one will go to the authorities. We cant do much about these enemies of our State but here we have a named person and we can do something about her, we can neutralise the threat she poses.

She is getting far too much publicity now and this will rile up all those disaffected loser young Muslims. The media are being irresponsible, her citizenship has been stripped, I and I am sure most people concerned about their childrens safety would rather we never heard another word about her.

Let her rot in Bangladesh.

Muslims are more likely to report someone they think is radicalised than a non muslim.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Of course it's populist. When is the last time the UK revoked anyone's citizenship? When is the last time the home secretary made a public song and dance about it?

120 since 2016 alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/20/who-has-been-stripped-of-uk-citizenship-before-shamima-begum
    The home secretary, Sajid Javid, has announced plans to revoke the citizenship of the Islamic State recruit Shamima Begum. If the order proves successful, she will join the ranks of around 120 suspected jihadists and criminals since 2016 who have been stripped of their British nationality and banned from returning to the UK.
    There are objectively far worse people sitting in British prisons - paedophiles, serial murderers - but nobody ever asked if their citizenship could be revoked. The Daily Mail never called for Ian Huntley to be deported.
    Because he's solely British unfortunately.

He is going to lose in court. They are going to have to bring her home and try her. They know this.

So revoking her citizenship was a pointless and futile exercise with no purpose except to gain public support.

The very definition of populist.

Nope as I said - 120 since 2016 alone. None have got back in afaik. Its quite a common mechanism to keep out undesirables like her. Can't be used against EU citizens until after Brexit due to free movement. But rightly used against non EU dual-citizens who misuse their citizenship to fight for or associate with an enemy of the UK. Why would anyone invite back in someone who is an avowed enemy of your country and committed to your destruction? Only anarchists and liberal lefties would favour this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

he knew he could get the racists (i.e. the Tory/Brexit supporters) .

Love how you equate racists with voting for conservative and or brexit supporters. Nicely played.

In your mind It was probably brexit supporters fault that this dopey cow was forced to travel to Isis to get away from all the racists in the UK.

It’s almost laughable how soft we have become in the west. I say almost because sadly one day our children, or our children’s children will be in an almighty ****storm on their own doorstep. They will pay the ultimate price for our softness, weakness and gulability today.

But hey at least these useful idiots can say they were right on and so totally not racist. Im waiting for some Wolfe smith type to start saying we need to learn to embrace Isis. Maybe all they need is a hug.....

timthumbni wrote: »
    It’s almost laughable how soft we have become in the west. I say almost because sadly one day our children, or our children’s children will be in an almighty ****storm on their own doorstep. They will pay the ultimate price for our softness, weakness and gulability today.

You're the one who's scared of a 19 year old girl that was groomed when she was in her mid teens. You're the one who think that she's a threat to our whole way of life. If anyones gone soft it's you.

Muslims are more likely to report someone they think is radicalised than a non muslim.

No one reported the teenagers who left London even though three of them went at the same time. Teenagers know everything about each other so a lot of them would have known this was planned. They seemingly stole relatives jewellery to pay for the flights.

I dont know why you keep posting this as fact. Closed off communities like Muslims and travellers dont go against their communities, its one of the reasons they like to inbreed with each other, thats the most effective way of keeping things in the family.

The Muslims who went on a rampage in Brussels didnt move out of their home area at all, they walked around in the open for months and no one tipped the authorities off.

Begum if allowed back into the UK will don that all covering costume and she will go wherever she pleases and mix with whoever she likes and no one who knows her will report her activities.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

You're the one who's scared of a 19 year old girl that was groomed when she was in her mid teens. You're the one who think that she's a threat to our whole way of life. If anyones gone soft it's you.

There is definitely an issue with child grooming among a small section of the Muslim population in the UK. We know this. Its a problem in the Muslim community. If there wasn't a problem, this woman wouldn't have ended up in Syria.

They need to confront this problem instead of blaming everyone else. The British Muslim community is badly lacking some leaders.

The fault for this woman's plight lies almost entirely within the Muslim community.

ETA, she isnt a nineteen year old girl, she is an adult woman and if she is to be believed the mother of three children, two according to her have died.

You would be better off being scared of what she is capable of, she has utter loathing for you if you are white and there is nothing awful that could happen to you that would be bad enough for her.

There is a huge issue with child grooming for sexual purposes within the Muslim community, that is grooming white under age girls for the most part. This is going on all the time and I dont think the police are being innundated with reports from the muslim community about it. The Police in fact turned a blind eye to this for a longtime because they were afraid people like Grayson would call them racist.

I dont know why you are getting your underpants in a twist about racism.

You do realise Muslims are given permission by their religion to kill infidels.

If you arent a Muslim then by definition you are an infidel and impressionable young people are going to Mosques to be radicalised so eventually they can be persuaded to put on a suicide belt or else hire a truck to drive into defenceless citizens.

I am all over being worried about being racist towards people who hate me.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kabir-helminski/does-the-quran-really-adv_b_722114.html
    I cant pretend to know the ins and outs of the Quran, do you?

But I think lumping an entire religion or group of people as behaving or feeling a certain way is the wrong thing to do, and simply isn't true.
    Do I think all christians believe and interpret the bible literally? No?

Do I think all mosques are radicalising young people to be suicide bombers? No, I dont, do you? The ones that are need to shut down.

Anyway as I said earlier I dont think there is any need to apply a seemingly racist undertone (they arent blond or blue eyed...okkk...they are "multicultural"...ok then) to these @rseholes, there actions say it all, I don't give a toss what they do with this woman and her husband they can rot where they are.

No one reported the teenagers who left London even though three of them went at the same time.

Well that's just Bullsh1t.

The father of the first child that went missing demanded the counter terrorism unit interview her friends, which they did twice.

No one reported the teenagers who left London even though three of them went at the same time. Teenagers know everything about each other so a lot of them would have known this was planned. They seemingly stole relatives jewellery to pay for the flights.

I dont know why you keep posting this as fact. Closed off communities like Muslims and travellers dont go against their communities, its one of the reasons they like to inbreed with each other, thats the most effective way of keeping things in the family.

The Muslims who went on a rampage in Brussels didnt move out of their home area at all, they walked around in the open for months and no one tipped the authorities off.

Begum if allowed back into the UK will don that all covering costume and she will go wherever she pleases and mix with whoever she likes and no one who knows her will report her activities.

I'm posting it as fact because there was a study done. And the sample group was large enough to cover the Uk population.

there was some problem with the study. The guy picked muslims in the poorest neighbourhoods. they are more likely to be insular. the same way poorer communities of any population are less likely to trust the police. Nevertheless, the number of muslims who would contact the police about radicalisation is still higher than the non-muslim population.

see, I base my opinions on facts. I look for quantifiable evidence. I'm not into conspiracy theories or arguments which aren't logically sound. And I apply the same standards to everyone.

In this case there has been a study which shows that you are wrong (If you want to you can google the study. Just make sure to read the actual study rather than the headlines in the daily mail). You say that muslims won't contact the police about radicalisation but the fact is that they are far more likely to.

• Advertisement

Its all about racism though from the muslims and their religion teaches them its okay to kill infidels.

Bad and all as christianity has proven to me nowhere in the bible does it tell you to kill non christians and nor does it preach that homosexuals should be put to death.

Muslims are causing huge problems in every European country they have established themselves in great numbers. The first generation Muslims kept their heads below the parapet and practiced their feudalism within their own communities. They refused to integrate so the second and now third generation are now imprisoned within this community and it has nothing to offer its young people. Most of the radicalisation was shown to take taken place in prison as like our own travellers you will find that muslims for their numbers have very high rates of committal to prison.

This is not to say some Mosques arent a huge part of the problem, they are radicalising young people and its happening in this country too.

You just have to listen to that senior cleric in Clonskeagh who attempted to describe Female Genital Mutilation as some sort of a health procedure, what sort of leadership is that when this practice is illegal in this country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement