Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

timthumbni wrote: »
    Love how you equate racists with voting for conservative and or brexit supporters. Nicely played.
    Well racism was the main reason people voted to Leave the EU. Two thirds of leavers cited immigration as the reason they were voting leave, even though it had nothing to do with the EU.

That can't be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Boggles wrote: »
    Well that's just Bullsh1t.

The father of the first child that went missing demanded the counter terrorism unit interview her friends, which they did twice.

Did the interrogation unit get any information from the friends, the answer is most likely no seeing as three fifteen year olds who should have been on a watch list managed to get themselves on a plane to Syria, one on a stolen passport.

There are thousands and thousands of young Muslims in the UK and there is no way the security forces could keep tabs on them all.

Grayson and his or her ilk would shout racism and ethnic profiling at any attempt to monitor the activities of teenage Muslims.

If any of my childrens friends had gone to Syria I would have made sure all my childrens passports were locked away in a secret location.

seamus wrote: »
    Well racism was the main reason people voted to Leave the EU. Two thirds of leavers cited immigration as the reason they were voting leave, even though it had nothing to do with the EU.

That can't be ignored.

Its not racism to be concerned about huge numbers of non compatible people coming to live in your country.

I want immigration controlled in this country because I dont want ghettoes in West Dublin in ten years where it will be a no go area for non muslims. I dont want to have such a number of muslim men who think they can get away wiith groping white women just because they arent covered up. Cologne is never far from mind and neither are the Pakistani child grooming gangs in the UK.

I have as much right to my opinion as do the liberal lefties and I can express it without being called a racist.

I never ever want to live in a country where there is even the remotest threat that I would have to adopt any Muslim strictures on the way I live my life. Its too late now for the UK, France, Spain and the Netherlands in particular and now that Merkel allowed one million refugees in too late for Germany too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tretorn wrote: »
    Its all about racism though from the muslims and their religion teaches them its okay to kill infidels.

Bad and all as christianity has proven to me nowhere in the bible does it tell you to kill non christians and nor does it preach that homosexuals should be put to death.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Did the interrogation unit get any information from the friends, the answer is most likely no seeing as three fifteen year olds who should have been on a watch list managed to get themselves on a plane to Syria, one on a stolen passport.

There are thousands and thousands of young Muslims in the UK and there is no way the security forces could keep tabs on them all.

They had tabs on them, they interviewed those 3 exact girls.

The number of Muslims or the number of children in the UK that are susceptible to grooming is moot.

Maybe it might help in understanding the failings if you picture not brown children but nice clean white ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its all about racism though from the muslims and their religion teaches them its okay to kill infidels.

Bad and all as christianity has proven to me nowhere in the bible does it tell you to kill non christians and nor does it preach that homosexuals should be put to death.

Muslims are causing huge problems in every European country they have established themselves in great numbers. The first generation Muslims kept their heads below the parapet and practiced their feudalism within their own communities. They refused to integrate so the second and now third generation are now imprisoned within this community and it has nothing to offer its young people. Most of the radicalisation was shown to take taken place in prison as like our own travellers you will find that muslims for their numbers have very high rates of committal to prison.

This is not to say some Mosques arent a huge part of the problem, they are radicalising young people and its happening in this country too.

You just have to listen to that senior cleric in Clonskeagh who attempted to describe Female Genital Mutilation as some sort of a health procedure, what sort of leadership is that when this practice is illegal in this country.

the religion i was raised in taught me all sorts of crazy ****. I dont believe any of it. Is there anything to suggest that even the majority of muslims living in britain consider it acceptable to kill infidels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

gmisk wrote: »
    Yes manners.
    The perma-offended comment isn't really worth my time.

Of course they are, but I am entitled to challenge those opinions if I think they are blatantly racist, last time I checked this was a message board that encouraged discussion, telling someone repeatedly to get a grip isn't exactly adding to the debate.

Agreed.
    A discussion group is exactly what it is.

Discussions with varying opinions from varying points of view.

I admit my perma-offended comment was perhaps unnecessary.

Thank you for proving my point regarding opinions.

I attended Catholic schools and Catholic church services for most of my life and nowhere was I taught that it was okay to kill gay people.

I was always taught that to murder was a mortal sin.

In a Muslim country religious law is State Law so if Muslim religion teaches that homosexuality is wrong then thats the States position too.

Most modern European countries have made it illegal to discriminate against homosexual people through secular legislation and there will be no going back from that no matter how much it conflicts with muslim ideology.

the religion i was raised in taught me all sorts of crazy ****. I dont believe any of it. Is there anything to suggest that even the majority of muslims living in britain consider it acceptable to kill infidels?

Why dont you ask some gay Muslim people what life is like for them.

In a Muslim country religious law is State Law so if Muslim religion teaches that homosexuality is wrong then thats the States position too.

Sorry, but the Catholic Church teaches that homosexuality was indeed a sin.

Well it did when I was growing up and I'm not old.

Also not that long ago it was an actual crime in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

That can't be ignored.

So being concerned about immigration levels is now racist is it? Even the useful idiots in Labour stopped that nonsense argument years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why dont you ask some gay Muslim people what life is like for them.

you didnt answer the question. You could also ask your question to gay people living in some of the more backwards part of the united states.

And most people arent concerned about immigration of fellow Europeans as we have the reciprocal right to work in their countries too and we are compatible.

The problem is with allowing big numbers of people from ethnic backgrounds where others from this background have lived in other countries for decades and never assimilated and mostly by choice. We dont need any crystal ball to ask what areas where large numbers of Muslims live will be like in a couple of decades, we only have to look at Paris and Nice and parts of Brussels and Muslim areas in the UK to know what will happen.

There is absolutely no comparison between life in a muslim country for a woman or a gay person than anywhere in the united states no matter how backward.

Muslims want to come to Europe for very good reasons and even though for the most part they dont like infidels they dont dislike them enough to go back to a Muslim country, mores the pity. We would be lot better off if we didnt have to provide education, housing and health care to the likes of Begum, it was a waste of money investing anything in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Grayson wrote: »
    Sure you can. I don't like your opinions. I think that they're blinkered and bad for society.

Don't want to deport you though. I'm not looking to remove your citizenship because you're intolerant.

We don't police thought. We police actions. If we policed thought we wouldn't let a DUP member go south of the border. We'd certainly never allow them to apply for an Irish passport or allow them to call themselves Irish. The same goes for the IRA. I don't see anyone clamoring to revoke the citizenship of anyone who belongs to those groups or is associated with paramilitaries.

If this girl has committed a crime then charge her. If she's a threat then put her under observation. The fact is that she hasn't been determined to be a threat to anyone or has been determined to have committed a crime.

This is pure political posturing to rile up Daily mail readers.

and I may not like yours, such is life.

I dont believe I'm intolerant at all. I'm just not happy with radical islamic fundamentalism/terrorsist being allowed to live in a western society they believe is against their religion but yet are happy to avail of what our society provides them with

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

That can't be ignored.

There's a difference between controlling your borders and racism.

Countries like Australia are very strict on who can and cannot get into their country. Does that make the majority of Australians racist? Of course not. They just like to have sovereignty over their borders, as do a lot of people in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Of course it's populist. When is the last time the UK revoked anyone's citizenship? When is the last time the home secretary made a public song and dance about it?

Sajid Javid did this without any legal consultation. So either he's a dangerous incompetent moron...or he did it because he knew he could get the racists (i.e. the Tory/Brexit supporters) to bang their fins together.
    The very definition of populist.

You do know that some popular decisions can be good and actually the right thing to do?

Was the holding of a same sex marriage referendum not a populist decision ?
    Was the repeal the 8th referendum not a populist decision ?

Or do you just get to chose what is populist ?

Muslims are more likely to report someone they think is radicalised than a non muslim.

I think muslims are the ones most likely to be close to radicalised fundamentalists.
    I haven't heard of that many radicalised mormons, sihks, jews recently. :rolleyes:
    You're the one who's scared of a 19 year old girl that was groomed when she was in her mid teens. You're the one who think that she's a threat to our whole way of life. If anyones gone soft it's you.

For someone so exercised about the so called grooming of this 15 year old I never remember you being equally exercised about the wholesale grooming of the thousands of much younger girls in cities and towns across the UK. :rolleyes:
    ETA, she isnt a nineteen year old girl, she is an adult woman and if she is to be believed the mother of three children, two according to her have died.

You would be better off being scared of what she is capable of, she has utter loathing for you if you are white and there is nothing awful that could happen to you that would be bad enough for her.

There is a huge issue with child grooming for sexual purposes within the Muslim community, that is grooming white under age girls for the most part. This is going on all the time and I dont think the police are being innundated with reports from the muslim community about it. The Police in fact turned a blind eye to this for a longtime because they were afraid people like Grayson would call them racist.

Only thing I will correct you on is "she has utter loathing for you if you are a non 7th century ardent sunni muslim."
    Doesn't matter what colour you are or what religion.

I am not allowed discuss …

They just like to have sovereignty over their borders, as do a lot of people in the UK.

The majority of immigration into the UK is from countries outside the EU, completely under the control of UK rules.

But yeah Bloody Brussels *shakes fist*

:rolleyes:

And most people arent concerned about immigration of fellow Europeans as we have the reciprocal right to work in their countries too and we are compatible.

Why leave the EU so and cite immigration as one of the main reasons?

:confused:

I cant speak to the UK voters, they voted democratically to leave the EU and for the majority of them their main motivation was immigration.

I am now very concerned at the implications of this for Ireland. If the UK tightens up its policies and moves to deport a lot of illegal aliens its more likely than they will end up coming to Ireland than making their way back to their home countries.

I am now very concerned at the implications of this for Ireland. If the UK tightens up its policies and moves to deport a lot of illegal aliens its more likely than they will end up coming to Ireland than making their way back to their home countries.

What the fook has that conspiracy theory got to do with this thread?

:confused:

Sajid Javid who wrote the white paper on immigration after Brexit plans to loosen restrictions also any new free trade deals negotiated will have to include mutual movement clauses between nations.

I imagine the people who would believe anything that is written on the side bus may not be able to process that.

Not to mention a month before they need to get out they are still fumbling and fooking around on how to.

Anyway, way off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Is there anyone Liberal Lefties wouldn't allow into their country? It seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A white Dutch person would be too civilised to decapitate aid workers and also wouldnt rape children.

What is your point.

hmmmm wuttttttttttt?

so going on your logic only brown dutch people are capable of raping children?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If she is a threat dont let her back into the UK.

Thats enough for me, I dont need to wait around until she puts on that face hiding garb and straps a suicide bomb to her body.

There is a huge threat in Europe from radicalised Muslims and the security forces have stopped so many we dont even know about. There are thousands of dangerous people who the Muslim community know are a threat, they know they are being radicalised in Mosques but no one will go to the authorities. We cant do much about these enemies of our State but here we have a named person and we can do something about her, we can neutralise the threat she poses.

She is getting far too much publicity now and this will rile up all those disaffected loser young Muslims. The media are being irresponsible, her citizenship has been stripped, I and I am sure most people concerned about their childrens safety would rather we never heard another word about her.

Let her rot in Bangladesh.

as it looks like she was born in britain, they can't stop her from coming back ultimately. her citizenship has been removed but realistically it will be re-instated and she will be returned to britain.

bangladesh say she is not a citizen and will not be a citizen of their country.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

as it looks like she was born in britain, they can't stop her from coming back ultimately. her citizenship has been removed but realistically it will be re-instated and she will be returned to britain.

Based off what exactly ,

She's no longer a British citizen this is fact - anything else is nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Has anyone considered that she can't express regret for what she's done because she's still over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

BBFAN wrote:
    Has anyone considered that she can't express regret for what she's done because she's still over there?

72 per cent of the British public according a poll on Sky news believe the government is right to stop her returning. With the exception of the usual suspects not too many care if she has regrets. If she has I'd say they only came about when her buddies got their asses handed to them. She's where she belongs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

If this girl was Jewish with British citizenship and part of terror group murdering Muslims in the Middle East, I wonder if the usual apologists on here would be calling for her to be able to return to Britain.

Not a chance. Utter hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

bangladesh say she is not a citizen and will not be a citizen of their country.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/shamima-begum-bangladesh-citizenship-isis-bride-british-uk-javid-stateless-a8788976.html

"Chiranjiv Sarker, head of dual nationality issues at Bangladesh’s foreign ministry, said the government had not been contacted by Ms Begum’s family.

He said that, if approached, the ministry would need to try to verify Ms Begum’s Bangladeshi heritage through her mother to assess possible eligibility for citizenship."

The Foreign Minister came out quick and hard saying she was nowt to do with Bangladesh.

Despite this, the competent official in Bangladesh hasn't ruled out that she would be entitled to assert her Bangladeshi nationality if she wished to.

I can't envision a situation where the Bangladeshi gov could refuse her if she wished to claim it. Which is the permutation underpinning the Home Secretary's decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

72 per cent of the British public according a poll on Sky news believe the government is right to stop her returning. With the exception of the usual suspects not too many care if she has regrets. If she has I'd say they only came about when her buddies got their asses handed to them. She's where she belongs.

I don't care for her but the government having (and using) such power is abhorrent to me in any case.

probably for the 1st time ever, I with Corbyn on something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Give her to the Kurds and charge her for her aiding of genocide, slavery, torture etc.

Have them hang her.

This State had one of the highest rates of people going to fight in Syria per capita of Islamic population.

It may not be long till we are looking at what to do with some scumbag mass rapist who wants to fly back to Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement