Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sunny88 wrote: »
    So you are saying that the Isis bride killed her own child because he was an infidel Brit
    Or are only white british children legitimate targets
    More disgusting than the Manchester Arena
    Which you never condemned
    Condemn the Ariana Grande Concert Bombing

Mod

Improve the standard of your posts or don't post here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Everyone. A lot of the posts in this thread are lacking in terms of quality. Any more sniping, antagonising or general muppetry will see cards and/or bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ex defense force girl we are apparently trying to get home, a girl who is obviously hard core ISIS

I knew that girl in Dundalk when she was young.
    She joined the Irish army and I lost track of her.
    She was a nice girl but obviously lost her way and made her bed in Syria.
    Too bad but that’s life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

You don't have to like Shamima Begum but show some basic human decency

There is so much of this sentiment being slung around online. People saying its time to out the pitch forks down and start showing compassion. Iv compassion for the childs life but not for is any way shape of form. She show no remorse for the actions of ISIS during her interview. She also said that the Manchester bombing was understandable in the light of her experiences in Syria. For all the parents who have had their child/ren taken from them or who have been maimed at the hands of this sub-human degenerates cult, I hope she suffers and its rots her and eats away slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

No state or government can be held accountable for the stupid and inconsiderate actions of these two parents of these poor babies.
    Saddest outcome now is the death of this poor innocent baby will become a political football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

A little baby dying is always sad news. But it's all her fault at the end of the day.
    No pity for her from me. Leave her where she is and don't let her back to Britain.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

No state or government can be held accountable for the stupid and inconsiderate actions of these two parents of these poor babies.
    Saddest outcome now is the death of this poor innocent baby will become a political football.

Yes its sad. But its Britains problem.

1. Britain was a former colonial power which occupied Bangladesh
    2. Britain is the country responsible for installing the heinous, vile, and utterly thuggish Wahabbi regime of Saudi Scumraapia.
    3. Britain is the country responsible for undermining the green shoots of Democracy in the region, by removing Mohammed Mossadegh of Iran in 1953, and its policy failure in Egypt in 1957.

The Imperial powers, in a myriad of ways failed utterly in their duty of care to the native peoples under its control. By failing to fund, and invest in a proper secular education system, the impoverished masses were forced, in desperation to resort to the Madrassahs, the religious schools, and now, thats become a 'tradition'.

A 'tradition' which is now exported on the back of Saudi scumraapian oil money to the West.

How do we change that?

Its got to be made an unpleasant and deeply inconvenient lifestyle option, riddled with more bureaucratic hurdles than Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

We eulogize violent drug dealers when they get killed "he was a good boy at heart, lost his way, fell in with the wrong people, loved his family, he's still someone's son" etc. etc. so not really surprising people are doing backflips to accommodate fanatical terrorists.

dermo888 wrote: »
    Yes its sad. But its Britains problem.

1. Britain was a former colonial power which occupied Bangladesh
    2. Britain is the country responsible for installing the heinous, vile, and utterly thuggish Wahabbi regime of Saudi Scumraapia.
    3. Britain is the country responsible for undermining the green shoots of Democracy in the region, by removing Mohammed Mossadegh of Iran in 1953, and its policy failure in Egypt in 1957.

The Imperial powers, in a myriad of ways failed utterly in their duty of care to the native peoples under its control. By failing to fund, and invest in a proper secular education system, the impoverished masses were forced, in desperation to resort to the Madrassahs, the religious schools, and now, thats become a 'tradition'.

A 'tradition' which is now exported on the back of Saudi scumraapian oil money to the West.

How do we change that?

Its got to be made an unpleasant and deeply inconvenient lifestyle option, riddled with more bureaucratic hurdles than Cheltenham.

Agreed.
    But we have a problem of our own now trying to come back to Ireland. I think we all know the outcome of this one. Mores the pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Agreed.
    But we have a problem of our own now trying to come back to Ireland. I think we all know the outcome of this one. Mores the pity.

Yeah, feckless Irish welcome back terrorist with open arms. Look how virtuous we are, much nicer than those pesky Brits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

twinytwo wrote: »
    Not really, the west has become so soft that people seem to forget actions have consequences. She made her bed, now she can sleep in it.

Yes the UK government should protect their citizens, however that is a right she gave up the day she left the UK to join a terror group. She would still be there if ISIS had not been defeated.

There should be a zero tolerance policy.

her bed is in a uk jail where she belongs. being jailed is the consiquences for her actions. she gave up no rights apart from the right to freedom if found guilty of a crime, however no other rights can be given up. there is a zero tolerence policy, it's called trial and prison if found guilty. dumping people on whatever country, probably to appeal to the far right if we are honest, is not zero tolerence but a declaration of contempt against the rest of the world, especially the country upon which the country of origin of a foreign terrorist tries to forcibly dump that foreign terrorist upon.

Totally agree the media is a powerful force but what I seen of her interview and her justification of the Manchester atrocity would make me feel she should definitely not of been let back if possible and that's what happened.
    Me and you both agree she is scum and would probably end up causing another atrocity once back.
    But referring to keyboard warriors who want to be judge, jury and executioner is I feel unfair, Most people who are venting their anger about her possible return are frustrated and angry as I am by how soft Europe has become when dealing with these scum. We have a clown of a leader in this country who publicly said he will take back ISIS terrorists ,unless we take heed quickly at the mess alot of places in Europe are experiencing we are going to end up the same.

the west has not become soft. the fact is, we do not get to dump our maniacs upon other countries to deal with.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

Agreed.

Oh thats easy. Very very easy.

1. More revenue and tax audits on her and the entire family than you can shake a fist at.
    2. CONSTANT parking fines, speeding fines, you name it fines.
    3. Fines for incorrect rubbish......

In other words, play dirty, and use all legal means necessary to make life so unpleasant, they'll pack up, leave or feel so stressed out they'll commit suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/the-irish-isil-bride-how-former-member-of-defence-forces-was-captured-in-syria-on-suspicion-of-supporting-isil-37894888.html

Leave her rot in Syria , she and others gave up any rights when they joined Isis and butchered anyone who didn't believe in there way ,

Slán agus Tá an doras dúnta

her bed is in a uk jail where she belongs. being jailed is the consiquences for her actions. she gave up no rights apart from the right to freedom if found guilty of a crime, however no other rights can be given up. there is a zero tolerence policy, it's called trial and prison if found guilty. dumping people on whatever country to appeal to the far right is not zero tolerence but a declaration of contempt against the rest of the world, especially the country upon which the country of origin of a foreign terrorist tries to forcibly dump that foreign terrorist upon.

the west has not become soft. the fact is, we do not get to dump our maniacs upon other countries to deal with.

Were soon going to see how soft we have become I fear in this Irish ISIS fighter's case.

We didn't dump our maniacs they went of their own accord.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Article on Lisa Smith here,

https://m.imgur.com/a/uIIivfo

From 2011, article is now deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

she can be done for membership of a terrorist organisation anyway. few years in jail followed by lifetime ankle bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Many of the sentiments expressed here are ones that are so against the 'Western Values' ya'll seem to want to protect that they could be out of any fundamentalist handbook.

The fact is we do grant people rights. We do not - or should not - revoke those rights because we disagree with people's actions. To do so would be the actions of a Totalitarian regime and against everything the 'West' claims to stand for. It makes us the same as them.

If Irish people (I am specifically talking about those who are Irish born - not naturalized and/or dual citizenship which is a slightly different case) have committed a crime under Irish law they should be tried under Irish law - In Ireland. If they have committed a crime in a foreign jurisdiction they should be tried there but this does not - and should not - strip them of their Irish citizenship - or deny them the right to return.

We had no issue letting people who fought in the Spanish Civil War back in - not even those who fought for Franco's Fascists. They were not stripped of their citizenship.

Would people here also advocate that any Irish Jews who fight for Israel be stripped of their citizenship keeping in mind that the U.N has stated that Israelis are illegally occupying Gaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

she can be done for membership of a terrorist organisation anyway. few years in jail followed by lifetime ankle bracelet.

After her own suicide circus they might find the ankle on one side of the gay bar and the bracelet on the roof.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Many of the sentiments expressed here are ones that are so against the 'Western Values' ya'll seem to want to protect that they could be out of any fundamentalist handbook.

The fact is we do grant people rights. We do not - or should not - revoke those rights because we disagree with people's actions. To do so would be the actions of a Totalitarian regime and against everything the 'West' claims to stand for. It makes us the same as them.

If Irish people (I am specifically talking about those who are Irish born - not naturalized and/or dual citizenship which is a slightly different case) have committed a crime under Irish law they should be tried under Irish law - In Ireland. If they have committed a crime in a foreign jurisdiction they should be tried there but this does not - and should not - strip them of their Irish citizenship - or deny them the right to return.

We had no issue letting people who fought in the Spanish Civil War back in - not even those who fought for Franco's Fascists. They were not stripped of their citizenship.

Would people here also advocate that any Irish Jews who fight for Israel be stripped of their citizenship keeping in mind that the U.N has stated that Israelis are illegally occupying Gaza?

People who fought for Franco or for the Republic there, who committed heinous crimes were not a threat here though.

The laws as they stand are not fit for modern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

isis claimed several terrorist attacks in the UK so they have better grounds to revoke citizenship than we do i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The mother was actively seeking state help for her child. The state said no **** you and your baby. The state has a duty to protect its citizens, especially vulnerable innocent ones like babies.

She was also Britain's responsibilty. She was British. She was radicalised in Britain, as a child herself. How much was she groomed manipulated and brainwashed in the last four years and how much is she just a psycho - I dont know and neither do you. As a citizen of Britain they can investigate that and if appropriate, have her stand trial, where she should enjoy a presumption of innocence.

If she was able to runaway at 15. Join isis. Spread vehemently her anti western rhetoric. Show no remorse.

I don’t agree with much of what the uk does but I this instance they made the right move.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Danzy wrote: »
    People who fought for Franco or for the Republic there, who committed heinous crimes were not a threat here though.

The laws as they stand are not fit for modern Europe.

You don't think the Fascists were a threat here?
    Really?

What laws would you like for modern Europe?
    Seems to me the kind many people here would like to see would mean destroying the very freedoms people who fought the fascist threat died to preserve.

Destroy Western Values and the likes of Isil win.

Giveaway wrote: »
    They were citizens of the caliphate. You would dismiss as silly if One said defeated Nazis were stateless after the defeat of Nazi Germany. Foreign fighters with the SS getting to return to their country of origin without consequence or their home countries doing their best to repatriate citizens that join the SS. The last SS defenders of Berlin were French

no,
    they were citizens of their country of origin. there is no caliphate.the caliphate is not recognised or legitimate. for someone to be a citizen of the caliphate then the caliphate has to be recognised as legitimate.
    There needs to be an arrangement where all ISIS members trying to return go to Assad for trial.

so the west tries to over-throw assad and now people in the west think assad should take our maniacs and put them on trial? that the west should even get the opportunity to make any arrangements with assad about anything? nope. i'm afraid the west doesn't get to try and get assad to do anything for it. it lost that ability and right when it decided to train and fund head choppers.
    Hopefully, this person, whoever she is will die before she gets to come back.

I can't see any good served in her continued existence

The problem with trying her here is that upon sentencing she will be released after a No. Of years.

Whether it is protelyzing or militant action she will be a severe threat to national security.

Shaw and Evans were sentenced to jail until death for 2 rapes and murders.

This woman who helped operate that on an industrial scale is to be let back in and free after a few years.

Maybe the people who want these types back have a softspot for rapists.

What other explanation is there?

perhapse the fact these people if western citizens are the responsibility of the west? that the west doesn't get to sherk it's responsibilities and doesn't get to dump it's maniacs on others? i think that is a good enough explanation myself tbh.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Fcuk her, let her rot out there. Bring back her son but she made her decision to turn her back on her country and our way of life. Let her new family look after her.

unless syria decide themselves of their own accord to put her on trial, they should deport her and all other foreign maniacs from their country.

Were soon going to see how soft we have become I fear in this Irish ISIS fighter's case.

We didn't dump our maniacs they went of their own accord.

they went of their own accord yes . however not allowing them to return is trying to dump them on someone else.
    mad muffin wrote: »
    If she was able to runaway at 15. Join isis. Spread vehemently her anti western rhetoric. Show no remorse.

I don’t agree with much of what the uk does but I this instance they made the right move.

i'm not seeing how they made the right move. they tried to claim she was a bangladeshi citizen, i suspect in an attempt to palm her off on someone else so they wouldn't have to take responsibility for her. that seems to have backfired hard, because bangladesh denied it because quite likely she isn't a bangladeshi citizen. she is now still in syria which means she is a potential threat to syria and further affield. from what i can see, the move they made was a sinical and disgusting attempt to sherk their responsibilities at any cost to anyone else as long as it isn't them. a breach of international law if indeed she is british born.

Her crimes against humanity, at the least helping others commit them, were against Syrians and Iraqis mostly, they should have the right to exact justice on her and those like her.

While upon her return she will be free to target people here, she will also be free to recruit and fund Jihadis to fight in Syria.
    So their executing her is in their own long term interest not just ours. Here she will have a few years in jail at most.

I don't mind who gets her as long as they kill her.

No fan of Assad, he is brutal and murderous but probably the least bad option.

Certainly more moderate than most there.

I'd have no problem with her coming back if it meant a life time in solitary confinement, that will not happen though.

More likely she will appear on the Late Late Show.

The day you leave to join a group and help them in any small way to Murder innocent people, Torture innocent people, slaughter women and children, have no respect for life, rape and marry underage girls and also think the people in the countries you have just left should become to the same fate.
    That's the day you lose any rights or expect help from the country you left in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The day you leave to join a group and help them in any small way to Murder innocent people, Torture innocent people, slaughter women and children, have no respect for life, rape and marry underage girls and also think the people in the countries you have just left should become to the same fate.
    That's the day you lose any rights or expect help from the country you left in my eyes.

That's called logic.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Like Begum?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

i'm not seeing how they made the right move. they tried to claim she was a bangladeshi citizen, i suspect in an attempt to palm her off on someone else so they wouldn't have to take responsibility for her. that seems to have backfired hard, because bangladesh denied it because quite likely she isn't a bangladeshi citizen.

You always seem to ignore basic facts she has Bangladeshi citizenship by virtue of her parents being Bangladeshi born - this is fact ,she also has 3 years to extend her citizenship ,so yeah facts say she was stripped of her UK citizenship rights ,and she's Bangladeshi

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    You don't think the Fascists were a threat here?
    Really?

What laws would you like for modern Europe?
    Seems to me the kind many people here would like to see would mean destroying the very freedoms people who fought the fascist threat died to preserve.

Destroy Western Values and the likes of Isil win.

An enforcement of law already common across Europe,
    without favour but especially without fear would be enough.

That would see a violent reaction though and be called a racist.
    If centres of worship where material calling for violence were closed, where hate preachers spoke were closed, it would see up to half of Mosques being closed.

While I would lean to supporting the Republic in Spain, It reasonable to presume if it would have fallen to the Communists and Anarchists and been no different after a few years to Franco for the average person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement