Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

Its not as simple as "fighter". You have regular armies, militias, Mercenaries, International Brigades and Spies. The latter three classes are either not covered or grey areas.
    Well skooterblue....all I can say is , whatever category isis, ex isis etc. falls into..they are being assisted by the ICRC, and I would say that our very own Lisa ( and the English one ) have already been visited by the Red Cross.... and when it comes to extracting them, I'm pretty sure that it will be handled by the Red Cross too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

jmreire wrote: »
    Believe me skooterblue.....the Red Cross is extremely active in Syria.....they are looking after the isis members in the camps. Just as they have been looking after the war-wounded and vulnerable people since the war there started. Of course the signatories to the Conventions are also bound by them too....In Syria, its the National Society. " Syrian Red Crescent" Who are in this case supported by the ICRC in Geneva.

The red cross would look after anyone. They can deliver care packages and what not. They do not power to pluck "persons of interest" and give them get out of jail cards. That is not what the point is about. The point is that she is SDF/Kurdish custody and she has questions to answer.

Have a chat to anyone who has been in a real conflict on the front line (I have never but a few of my friends have been), they will tell different. They will tell you, you do what you need to do, the Geneva convention doesnt apply when you are dead.

civil responsibilities are covered by laws and punishments where required. you can only remove citizenship where a citizen is a naturalised citizen. removing citizenship from a birth citizen is illegal under international law.
    we have to pay to lock them up because they pose a danger. it's about 90 k per prisoner a year and most of that cost is likely in terms of the running of the prison.

You can have your citizenship removed. Why do we have to pay for this traitorous bitch? A long drop with a short noose is too good for her. We should never have done away with the death penalty. Make a proper example of her and it will discourage others.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I never said anything like that. I suggest that as she is in the charge of SDF/Kurdish Military, it is a matter for them.
    well then your analogy was very poor
    I believe that once you leave your own country for a foreign power that we are in conflict with, negates your right to citizenship.

Citizenship has been removed from Citizens but it happens at cabinet level. She should have thought long and hard before she went over Syria for a laugh.

her citizenship cannot be removed. she only has a single citizenship. it would be against international law to remove it from her and leave her stateless.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You can have your citizenship removed. Why do we have to pay for this traitorous bitch? A long drop with a short noose is too good for her. We should never have done away with the death penalty. Make a proper example of her and it will discourage others.

you cannot have your citizenship of your country of birth removed. one can only have naturalised citizenship removed by where they will be returned to their country of birth.
    the death penalty was abolished because it didn't work, the risk of killing an innocent person was and is still way way to high. also it does not discourage actions or set an example.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

well then your analogy was very poor

her citizenship cannot be removed. she only has a single citizenship. it would be against international law to remove it from her and leave her stateless.

My statement was spot on your Wild ass interpretation was crazy.

Well then let Turkey or some other country take her in because we certainly dont want her back.

Well then let Turkey or some other country take her in because we certainly dont want her back.

probably best if we let your crap analogy lie. And why would the turks take her?

The red cross would look after anyone. They can deliver care packages and what not. They do not power to pluck "persons of interest" and give them get out of jail cards. That is not what the point is about. The point is that she is SDF/Kurdish custody and she has questions to answer.

Have a chat to anyone who has been in a real conflict on the front line (I have never but a few of my friends have been), they will tell different. They will tell you, you do what you need to do, the Geneva convention doesnt apply when you are dead.
    Nope they do not "pluck Persons of interest" out of a conflict area. That's Navy Seal territory.....real life is different. It's all carefully and meticulously planned....down to the very last detail. It will all have been pre-planned, with full permission and consent of all the parties involved. In this case, The Kurds, who are holding her, The Syrian Government, whose territory they will pass through, the Lebanese Government ( Beirut Airport ) Turkish Government ( Istanbul Airport ) All of the A/M will have to give their permission in order for her to travel through their territory. And of course...a request for assistance will have to be made to the Red Cross by the Irish Government.
    Yes, when you are dead...you are dead...that's the reality of war. There is no discrimination with bullet's, shell's, mortars and mines....they kill and maim equally. BUT if you survive and even if wounded, then it's a very different story, and that's where the Red Cross comes in. They look after the survivors.

probably best if we let your crap analogy lie. And why would the turks take her?

They are buying Oil from ISIS.
    I am not fussed. She can go to any Islamic state from Egypt to Yemen and anywhere in between, Why do we have to roll out the red carpet and start tieing yellow ribbons around the old oak tree?

i'm afraid whether we want her or not, we will have to take her, and take her we will be doing. you will need to get over it and except it. none of us are jumping for joy at the prospect of her return, but i should think that if we were in the same situation as syria, and we were told we would have to hold and deal with foreign terrorists who came to destroy our country, we would rightly be pissed off. yet some here expect countries to do exactly that. take in one of our terrorists. it's not the job of turkey or other countries to take her in and i expect they will rightly not do so

• Advertisement

none of us are jumping for joy at the prospect of her return, but i should think that if we were in the same situation as syria, and we were told we would have to hold and deal with foreign terrorists who came to destroy our country, we would rightly be pissed off. yet some here expect countries to do exactly that. take in one of our terrorists. it's not the job of turkey or other countries to take her in and i expect they will rightly not do so

You and your sort are jumping for joy to have her back. If it was the other way around, "in the confusion and struggle" shots would be discharge and certain individual would be disposed of.

If she returns to Ireland, that means which has already been proved with Young Halawa, there are no consequences to acting the dick abroad if the Irish government are going to swoop in with a big ole bag of cash and make the whole thing go away.

i'm afraid whether we want her or not, we will have to take her, and take her we will be doing. you will need to get over it and except it. none of us are jumping for joy at the prospect of her return, but i should think that if we were in the same situation as syria, and we were told we would have to hold and deal with foreign terrorists who came to destroy our country, we would rightly be pissed off. yet some here expect countries to do exactly that. take in one of our terrorists. it's not the job of turkey or other countries to take her in and i expect they will rightly not do so

Nope Syria won't want to take her ( and neither will any other Country either..) Because they all have enough nut job's of their own to keep an eye on...without having an Irish one. And the very fact that she is Irish will make them want to get rid of her ASAP...imagine the Irish Government making "Representations" ( shades of Halawa, MK 2 ) and the Syrian or other Government's having to take into account that she mighty develop an embarrassing international Dimension. Nope. Bring her home, and be Thankful that we only have one (or two) to look after at the moment ( this could change, I know )

You and your sort are jumping for joy to have her back.

nope. we aren't. we simply recognise the realities of how this works and are willing to engage in highlighting the facts rather then engaging in rhetoric.
    If it was the other way around, "in the confusion and struggle" shots would be discharge and certain individual would be disposed of

unfortunately that can't be shown to be the case given we aren't in the same situation as syria.
    If she returns to Ireland, that means which has already been proved with Young Halawa, there are no consequences to acting the dick abroad if the Irish government are going to swoop in with a big ole bag of cash and make the whole thing go away.

ibriham Halawa spent a few years in prison in egypt. his situation is not comparible and does not prove anything in relation to lisa smith.
    the irish government do not swoop in with big bags of cash and make things go away. the department of foreign affairs among others engage in long and delicate negotiations with the countries concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

ibriham Halawa spent a few years in prison in egypt. his situation is not comparible and does not prove anything in relation to lisa smith.

Actually they are both very similar ,

Both are supporters of terrorist organisations. (MB/ISIS) and we have had to suffer the professional wingers crying for the poor unfortunate victims to be flown home on the government jet,
    I seem to remember one was on his death bed dying of starvation but flew home looking rather over weight and showing few scars of his imprisonment and years of supposedly harsh treatment,
    Now we have a trained soldier who willingly emigrated to the Isis caliphate and here we are again poor little victim is suffering quick fuel up the Gulfstream and go get her ,

It's all awfully familiar isn't it

Gatling wrote: »

Both are supporters of terrorist organisations. (MB/ISIS) and we have had to suffer the professional wingers crying for the poor unfortunate victims to be flown home on the government jet,
    I seem to remember on was on his death bed dying of starvation but flew home looking rather over weight and showing few scars of his imprisonment and years of supposedly harsh treatment,
    Now we have a trained soldier who willingly emigrated to the Isis caliphate and here we are again poor little victim is suffering quick fuel up the Gulfstream and go get her ,

Has anybody suggested that we send the government jet to pick her up? I must have missed that post. Can you link to it?

nope. we aren't. we simply recognise the realities of how this works and are willing to engage in highlighting the facts rather then engaging in rhetoric.

unfortunately that can't be shown to be the case given we aren't in the same situation as syria.

the irish government do not swoop in with big bags of cash and make things go away. the department of foreign affairs among others engage in long and delicate negotiations with the countries concerned.

Yes you are all waying flags to bring her home. Same as Ibrihim Halawa, you were dying to bring him home. He had several offers to come home if he would resign his Egyptian citizenship. This was documented in the Sunday Independent at the time. The Irish Ambassador swooped into the Mosque to save him, God help him if an intelligence officer found him first.

As soon as Leo Varadkar turned up at the Clonskeagh mosque for Eid celebration things started moving and then stalled. I was told it was because the money was "stalling". You have to love it, a jewish gay guy walks into a mosque and walks back out again. Muslim Brotherhood are notorious for allowing to exit by the roof. Daddy Halawa is the Bagman for Muslim Brother hood in Ireland. Big Money was paid that day and Leo held onto it or not enough was paid.

Yes you are all waying flags to bring her home. Same as Ibrihim Halawa, you were dying to bring him home. He had several offers to come home if he would resign his Egyptian citizenship. This was documented in the Sunday Independent at the time. The Ambassador swooped into the Mosque to save him, God help him if an intelligence officer found him first.

As soon as Leo Varadkar turned up at the Clonskeagh mosque for Eid celebration things started moving and then stalled. I was told it was because the money was "stalling". You have to love it, a jewish gay guy walks into a mosque and walks back out again. Muslim Brotherhood are notorious for allowing to exit by the roof. Daddy Halawa is the Bagman for Muslim Brother hood in . Big Money was paid that day and Leo held onto it or not enough was paid.

Leo is jewish now? That will be a surprise to him

Leo is jewish now? That will be a surprise to him

Not really as he converted, his parents are hindu/catholic but he was in school in Kings Hospital.

Gatling wrote: »

I seem to remember one was on his death bed dying of starvation but flew home looking rather over weight and showing few scars of his imprisonment and years of supposedly harsh treatment,

correction, she went to syria to join the isis terror group.
    there is no caliphate and isis is not a state so she could not have emigrated to a non-existant caliphate or state.

Not really as he converted, his parents are hindu/catholic but he was in school in Kings Hospital.

As i seem to be having trouble understanding your posts today perhaps you can clarify. Leo Varadkar, son of a catholic irish mother and a hindu indian father, educated in The Kings Hospital, a Church of Ireland secondary school, converted from judaism? Have i understood you correctly?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

how or when did he convert to the Jewish faith ?

As you say a hindu father and cathlotic mother educated in a COI school ?

not sure what that makes you but i doubt its jewish

correction

Actually no correction (ah well)

This was the story the media was peddling she emigrated to Syria where she was some how groomed and radicalised .

True story ....

As i seem to be having trouble understanding your posts today perhaps you can clarify. Leo Varadkar, son of a catholic irish mother and a hindu indian father, educated in The Kings Hospital, a Church of Ireland secondary school, converted from judaism? Have i understood you correctly?

Yup !He is a flip flopper worse than Trudeau. We all have our troubles, some are more relevant than others but yes his mother is Dungarvan and his Father is labour voter from the UK. He is 51 flavours, there is something for everybody. I not only struggle how he managed to be Taoiseach and a Doctor but with just how he managed to get both feet into the same pair of trousers simultaneously this morning.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/meet-the-varadkars-handsome-beautiful-38-year-old-doctor-becomes-pm-of-ireland-1.3114419

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Bit disappointing that they didnt manage to shoehorn Trump in there somewhere.

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1113022216017412096

Yup !He is a flip flopper worse than Trudeau. We all have our troubles, some are more relevant than others but yes his mother is Dungarvan and his Father is labour voter from the UK. He is 51 flavours, there is something for everybody. I not only struggle how he managed to be Taoiseach and a Doctor but with just how he managed to get both feet into the same pair of trousers simultaneously this morning.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/meet-the-varadkars-handsome-beautiful-38-year-old-doctor-becomes-pm-of-ireland-1.3114419

You will have to do a bit better than that. Where is the evidence that he was, or is, jewish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

inforfun wrote: »
    Bit disappointing that they didnt manage to shoehorn Trump in there somewhere.

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1113022216017412096

Poor thing sick of Brexit. No word of her three children who died because of her exploits.
    The only people who are brainwashed here are the people who think that these savages can be intregated into normal society again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Poor thing sick of Brexit. No word of her three children who died because of her exploits.

She did an extensive interview with The Times, the tabloid picked up on one thing, and made that the story, as they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »
    She did an extensive interview with The Times, the tabloid picked up on one thing, and made that the story, as they do.

Funny but it always seems to be these animals that are the victims to you.

Poor little mites - a true believer her cause and belief before all else ,

Maybe the press can run the story were fed up with Isis terrorist's and their families

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Funny but it always seems to be these animals that are the victims to you.

Do you only converse in extremes and outrage? Must be exhausting.

You said she didn't talk about her dead children, I simply pointed out that the piece quoted was from an extensive interview by the times, an extensive interview where she did talk about her children and it wasn't an interview about Brexit like the tabloid painted.

You are welcome by the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement