Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

This is why more innocent people will be slaughtered, this is why we will be targeted at Christmas markets, concerts and just plainly making our way to work. I know that what you're quoting is law but how can you play within the rules when dealing with a threat like this. The west is seen as weak by ISIS and unless we toughen up and change some of our laws to protect our countries we are only going to see more bloodshed on our streets. How can a country let its citizens take off and commit mass murder, genocide, rape, torture and then let them back knowing full well there will be no evidence or grounds for punishment or justice when they are back and also the amount of resources it going to take to watch these scum to make sure they don't start there killing closer to home.

the west have plenty of laws to deal with the terrorist threat. authorities and security forces are stopping plots all of the time and are from what i can see, doing a good job. the resources the west have at their disposal are vast compared to the countries who some essentially want to dump these people on. international law is international law, and is designed to protect the whole world as much as is possible. a change to effectively force syria and others to be a prison for terrorists has huge consequences for us all. in fact, they would have a right to turn around to the west and say they would not take back any citizens of theirs who break the law or worse within the west, something the same people wanting our terrorists dumped on syria would be complaining about.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Can someone please clarify it was ISIS members or supporters who groomed, trafficked and raped her. According to those who think this is what happen to her.Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Can someone please clarify it was ISIS members or supporters who groomed, trafficked and raped her. According to those who think this is what happen to her.Correct.

It's been clarified to death at this stage.

Have you evidence to the contrary?

Boggles wrote: »
    It's been clarified to death at this stage.

Have you evidence to the contrary?

I have no evidence of anything. I would think it was ISIS members who groomed, trafficked and raped her. Do you agree.

I have no evidence of anything. I would think it was ISIS members who groomed, trafficked and raped her. Do you agree.

So why are you calling for "clarity"?

It's pretty overwhelming evident by this thread and what we know in general.

:confused:

• Advertisement

So why are you calling for "clarity"?

It's pretty overwhelming evident by this thread and what we know in general.

Right so. Now if these isis groomers, traffickers,murderers and rapist's just happen to be Irish citizens you and your other buddies would have no problem with them coming back, knowing that nothing will be probably done to them and as for surveillance well maybe for a while at the start will be able to move around again in Ireland.

Right so. Now if these isis groomers, traffickers,murderers and rapist's just happen to be Irish citizens you and your other buddies would have no problem with them coming back, knowing that nothing will be probably done to them and as for surveillance well maybe for a while at the start will be able to move around again in Ireland.

I have no idea what you are talking about, which "other buddies"?

Are you confusing me with someone else maybe?

I have no idea what you are talking about, which "other buddies"?

Are you confusing me with someone else maybe?

Ok ,leave the buddies out. Just answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Your right Damn cuckhold lefty loons like Jacob Rees-Mog.

The man is a pretty much a comical cretin, but he pretty much nails it there.

Fooks sake Jacob Rees-Mogg, the numpty that believes Britain will go back to the days of the British Raj is now being invoked as an expert opinion on taking back ISIS members.
    All because he happens to agree with the desired outcome of some.

I guess any port in a storm to back up your love of anything of a certain religion, however odious the strand.

BTW if old Rees-Mogg is proposing something then ask yourself why.
    Maybe he has a bet on with William Hill.

Sometimes there might be advantages to being ohnonotgmail's mother. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Fooks sake Jacob Rees-Mogg, the numpty that believes Britain will go back to the days of the British Raj is now being invoked as an expert opinion on taking back ISIS members.
    All because he happens to agree with the desired outcome of some.

Now you are being ultra confusing.
    jmayo wrote: »
    But it aint just those two types, anyone with differing views are now seen as Far Right and must not be tolerated.

So what has he or is he? :confused:

Apart from being a cretin obviously.

• Advertisement

The question I asked you must be confusing too boggles.

The question I asked you must be confusing too boggles.

Not at all.

If you find where I stated, I'd have
    no problem with them coming back

I'll gladly answer your question.

The same question has been posed before on thread BTW, so it's not unique.

Not at all.

If you find where I stated, I'd have

I'll gladly answer your question.

The same question has been posed before on thread BTW, so it's not unique.

Thought as much. Think you're defending of this ISIS terrorist is only the tip of your true feelings.
    Traffickers, rapist's, murderers and paedophiles have no place on this planet in my eyes and I find it hard to hold my rage when even thinking about them.
    But you seem to have no problem with this. God help Ireland.

Thought as much. Think you're defending of this ISIS terrorist is only the tip of your true feelings.
    Traffickers, rapist's, murderers and paedophiles have no place on this planet in my eyes and I find it hard to hold my rage when even thinking about them.
    But you seem to have no problem with this. God help Ireland.

That's the 2nd time you have stated this and it will be my second and last time asking you to link where I said I would have no problem with people returning from the failed Caliphate.

I'll give you a hint to save you from further embarrassment, I never said such a thing.

Now you could do the honorable thing and retract it and maybe apologize, but we both know that ain't happening, don't we?

So maybe leave it and go annoy someone else.

That's the 2nd time you have stated this and it will be my second and last time asking you to link where I said I would have no problem with people returning from the failed Caliphate.

I'll give you a hint to save you from further embarrassment, I never said such a thing.

Now you could do the honorable thing and retract it and maybe apologize, but we both know that ain't happening, don't we?

So maybe leave it and go annoy someone else.

Your some craic. You wouldn't know an honourable thing if it slapped you in the face.
    Your the one should be embarrassed, on here making excuses for ISIS scum.
    Apologise to you. Never.

Your some craic. You wouldn't know an honourable thing if it slapped you in the face.
    Your the one should be embarrassed, on here making excuses for ISIS scum.
    Apologise to you. Never.

Wow.

As you were so.

Wow.

As you were so.

Jesus that hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Being discussed on RTÉ at moment

She did an interview and was laughing saying her biggest regret is she “ran with the crowd” to join isis, ah sure havnt we all considered that :(

Seems to me she is actively trying to manipulate the story now so she’s back here ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Being discussed on RTat moment

She did an interview and was laughing saying her biggest regret is she “ran with the crowd” to join isis, ah sure havnt we all considered that :(

Seems to me she is actively trying to manipulate the story now so she’s back here ASAP.

No surprises with Marian all the guests agree she should be brought back.

mgn wrote: »

I'm sure they have been well told by rte what they can agree with and what they can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mgn wrote:
    Yeah, not watching it but that doesn't surprise me. Irish media never have a balanced show anymore. If they do bring in somebody whose against the side they want to promote they give them very little time to speak and slant the questions/discussions to try make them look stupid.
    They are trying to tell us how we should think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

eagle eye wrote:
    Yeah, not watching it but that doesn't surprise me. Irish media never have a balanced show anymore. If they do bring in somebody whose against the side they want to promote they give them very little time to speak and slant the questions/discussions to try make them look stupid. They are trying to tell us how we should think.

What! Like if chemtrails aren't doing enough damage to us already, the bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I heard the clip of the interview with her on the one 0 clock news. She pretends she just got swept along with the movement but this is a girl who got involved with ISIS at a time when they were beheading and posting every day.
    She was in her thirties when she joined ISIS and stuck with them until the bitter end in Baghouz like the rest of the hard core

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

She pretends she just got swept along with the movement but this is a girl who got involved with ISIS at a time when they were beheading and posting every day.

"so I was in the Souk getting a choc ice and post cards and I taken in by the big bold boys in the Muslim Brother hood" Where have I heard that line before?

"so I was in the Souk getting a choc ice and post cards and I taken in by the big bold boys in the Muslim Brother hood" Where have I heard that line before?

Rte today, probably late late show next. Wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't end up in celebrity jungle. Joke of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

Security Analyst and former Army Officer Declan Power says we will have to break new ground when attempting to re-settle M/S Smith back into Ireland, but does not believe that she held anything other than a very minor position in isis. That she was a particularly naive woman who had made some life altering choices which would affect her and her child. The question now is how to resettle her, and it's not just the security issue, but more to find out how she was radicalized and how to prevent it happening in the future. He does not think that it ( radicalization and extremism ) is much of a threat here in Ireland at the moment.

jmreire wrote: »
    He does not think that it ( radicalization and extremism ) is much of a threat here in Ireland at the moment.

"Here is a bit of poisonous material, just take it, it wont make you that sick, I mean how bad could it be?".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭jmreire

"Here is a bit of poisonous material, just take it, it wont make you that sick, I mean how bad could it be?".

In the absence of any alternative, only time will answer that question. Personally, I would prefer if she and her fellow isis traveler's could be instantly time warped to a galaxy far far away ( the farther the better ) but it seem's kinda unlikely that's going to happen, so we have to live in the real world, the one where Lisa Smith will be coming home to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

jmreire wrote: »
    Security Analyst and former Army Officer Declan Power says we will have to break new ground when attempting to re-settle M/S Smith back into Ireland, but does not believe that she held anything other than a very minor position in isis. That she was a particularly naive woman who had made some life altering choices which would affect her and her child. The question now is how to resettle her, and it's not just the security issue, but more to find out how she was radicalized and how to prevent it happening in the future. He does not think that it ( radicalization and extremism ) is much of a threat here in Ireland at the moment.
    Again he is making excuses because it is a naive WOMAN. If it was a man would he have such forgiving words? Women are the teachers of tomorrows kids, she is absolutely unrepentant and will defo educate her child as extreme as she can.
    Declan power is a naive man

• Advertisement

Declan power is a naive man

Nah he isnt naive, He is just being a good boy and singing from the hymn sheet. He will get other contracts from the government/think tanks later on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement