Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well there were descriptions that she "was a party girl" We all know what that means. You only get 5 year contracts with the army. She got two of them. She had to get out after the second because she want "NCO material". In the first one you complete training. In the second you must do 3 training courses or so many missions to retain your contract and also pass your life test and be of A or Bx standard.
    Before your third contract you must be an NCO or be Captain. It seems harsh but you cant have 50 year old privates going around or the "runner" in Finnar who was 24 stone.

Now we were talking about ignorance?

and what does any of that have to do with
    a "diversity hire". Many "woke" organisations are getting in on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

and what does any of that have to do with

A lot actually, she wasn't considered suitable by rank and file. She used the auld "diversity" to get into the Air Corps which is a difficult feat on the best of days. I am suggesting that her promotion into the Air Corps was push by diversity rather than accomplishments.

You dont know what goes on in the Defence Forces. You dont know about recruitment or training or units. While you may not have as many opportunities for front line combat in as many places as the British Army, the prescribed training is very much to the same standard. This is the first member of the Defence Forces that I am aware of that has left and went to fight for an opposing force.

This is where DF staff instincts have been rode over rough shod by someone in the civil service.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A lot actually, she wasn't considered suitable by rank and file. She used the auld "diversity" to get into the Air Corps which is a difficult feat on the best of days. I am suggesting that her promotion into the Air Corps was push by diversity rather than accomplishments.

Who made these claims exactly

You dont know what goes on in the Defence Forces. You dont know about recruitment or training or units. While you may not have as many opportunities for front line combat in as many places as the British Army, the prescribed training is very much to the same standard. This is the first member of the Defence Forces that I am aware of that has left and went to fight for an opposing force.

This is where DF staff instincts have been rode over rough shod by someone in the civil service.

and what are you basing any of this on?

and what are you basing any of this on?

Because I was there when there was a push on to get female PTI and then onto the Pots course. So I would have seen it going on. I would have heard the NCO's trying to pick out suitable Pots and being told about the need to have more female NCO's at the time.

email me with an address and I will send you a photo of discharge papers after the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Because I was there when there was a push on to get female PTI and then onto the Pots course. So I would have seen it going on/quote]

So other than antidotal claims you can't back any of this up

Gatling wrote: »
    Because I was there when there was a push on to get female PTI and then onto the Pots course. So I would have seen it going on/quote]

So other than antidotal claims you can't back any of this up

And you have no proof of any of her accomplishments, so how did she get those promotions, without achievements? Ask anyone in the Defence forces Circa 1996-2005? 'they will tell you the same stories. Then follow the same stories, the women are grossly unhappy and go on to sue the state and write books over how unhappy their time was.

Because I was there when there was a push on to get female PTI and then onto the Pots course. So I would have seen it going on. I would have heard the NCO's trying to pick out suitable Pots and being told about the need to have more female NCO's at the time.

email me with an address and I will send you a photo of discharge papers after the weekend.

and what does this have to do with her joining the air corp?

Gatling wrote: »

And you have no proof of any of her accomplishments, so how did she get those promotions, without achievements? Ask anyone in the Defence forces Circa 1996-2005? 'they will tell you the same stories. Then follow the same stories, the women are grossly unhappy and go on to sue the state and write books over how unhappy their time was.

what promotions?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Is anyone else getting tired of working hard, abiding by the laws of the country, not trying to join terrorist groups, yet having to pay to support these kind of people?

Or the other people who come to the country, get free homes, then actively work against social cohesion / safety?

• Advertisement

what promotions?

I would consider a transfer from an Infantry unit to high profile unit like Air Corps a promotion. With all things being equal which would you consider higher profile, an Infantry Battalion or the Air Corps? To change unit like that you must have some pull or massive accomplishments. The Infantry always has loads of vacancies but the Air Corps? That is a very accomplished like the Military Police or certain parts of the Naval Service or OED or Engineers.

Still waiting on that PM with your email address. I will send you a photo of my discharge papers.

I would consider a transfer from an Infantry unit to high profile unit like Air Corps a promotion. With all things being equal which would you consider higher profile, an Infantry Battalion or the Air Corps? To change unit like that you must have some pull or massive accomplishments. The Infantry always has loads of vacancies but the Air Corps? That is a very accomplished like the Military Police or certain parts of the Naval Service or OED or Engineers.

Still waiting on that PM with your email address. I will send you a photo of my discharge papers.

i couldnt give a monkeys about your discharge papers. you have made claims that she only got into the air corps because of 'diversity'. seeing your discharge papers doesnt support that claim.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

No in all honesty it sounds a lot more like you decided to wedge the term "woke" into your first post and now you're having trouble justifying calling the DF "woke" or saying that the reason she was hired/promoted was because she was a "diversity hire".

She's a scumbag. But that doesn't mean that absolutely everything she did in her life prior to her conversion needs to be delegitimised.

The DF hiring a woman is not "woke" and the term wasn't even in use at the time she entered the DF.

i couldnt give a monkeys about your discharge papers. you have made claims that she only got into the air corps because of 'diversity'. seeing your discharge papers doesnt support that claim.

You asked what basis and there is evidence of personal experience, anyone else from the same time slot will tell you the same. I am saying I was in around the same time. You should have seen the DF Press Office at the same time, always pushing these girls out the front. Then the girls dont like it when it doesnt work out.

Get asked for proof of experience, rejects proof of experience. I mean horse I can take you to water but I cant make you drink it!!

You asked what basis and there is evidence of personal experience, anyone else from the same time slot will tell you the same. I am saying I was in around the same time. You should have seen the DF Press Office at the same time, always pushing these girls out the front. Then the girls dont like it when it doesnt work out.

Get asked for proof of experience, rejects proof of experience. I mean horse I can take you to water but I cant make you drink it!!

I asked for proof of your claim. you haven't provided that. your anecdote means nothing.

wiggle16 wrote: »
    She's a scumbag. But that doesn't mean that absolutely everything she did in her life prior to her conversion needs to be delegitimised.

The DF hiring a woman is not "woke" and the term wasn't even in use at the time she entered the DF.

The term wasnt there but the practice was. You can call it what you like but it wasnt the DF staff that were promoting this recruitment practice but the civil service.

Poster asked for proof that she was a diversity hire.

Poster didn't ask for proof that you were in the DF. That's like me saying "I'll prove to you that apples are green - here's a banana".

I asked for proof of your claim. you haven't provided that. your anecdote means nothing.

https://www.military.ie/en/public-information/defence-forces-families/gender-diversity-equality/

"The Defence Forces are currently working on a gender mainstreaming process and fulfilling our commitments under UNSCR 1325 the Women, Peace and Security agenda."

" The Defence Forces is an inclusive organisation and encourages participation of women at all levels. All roles are open to women and men on merit and an equal opportunities basis."

"Equal opportunities" and "Merit" are conflicting phrases.

https://www.military.ie/en/public-information/defence-forces-families/gender-diversity-equality/

"The Defence Forces are currently working on a gender mainstreaming process and fulfilling our commitments under UNSCR 1325 the Women, Peace and Security agenda."

" The Defence Forces is an inclusive organisation and encourages participation of women at all levels. All roles are open to women and men on merit and an equal opportunities basis."

No they aren't. At all. Seriously you are just digging a hole trying to push this point when you don't have any proof of it.

And it doesn't matter anyway whether she was crap ather job or good at it

She joined up around 15 years ago. so how is something they are currently working on relevant? Just be honest and admit you just wanted to throw in trite phrases like 'work' and 'diversity' and let it be.

They're not. you just dont understand them.

• Advertisement

Poster asked for proof that she was a diversity hire.

Poster didn't ask for proof that you were in the DF. That's like me saying "I'll prove to you that apples are green - here's a banana".

"what exactly are you basing that on apart from very obvious ignorance?"

Well I have demonstrated that she has no major accomplishments or experience that I would consider an asset to the Air Corps (ie experience in Logistics or significant qualification in a foreign language). There is no evidence of being career driven or she would have been put forward for a pots course.

So I think I have experience and time served to call that play.

She joined up around 15 years ago. so how is something they are currently working on relevant? Just be honest and admit you just wanted to throw in trite phrases like 'work' and 'diversity' and let it be.

They're not. you just dont understand them.

Oh I understand them plenty. "Equal opportunity" really means reserved places. "Merit" mean you got there on your own.

"what exactly are you basing that on apart from very obvious ignorance?"

Well I have demonstrated that she has no major accomplishments or experience that I would consider an asset to the Air Corps (ie experience in Logistics or significant qualification in a foreign language). There is no evidence of being career driven or she would have been put forward for a pots course.

So I think I have experience and time served to call that play.

you have no idea what she did in her 10 years in the pdf.

Oh I understand them plenty. "Equal opportunity" really means reserved places. "Merit" mean you got there on your own.

well clearly you dont so i will revert back to my "obvious ignorance" reply and leave it there.

you have no idea what she did in her 10 years in the pdf.

Not enough to get on a pots course in 10 years thats for sure. Often saw her face on An Cosantoir, I dont either buy it or read it anymore, working on a new deal.

Seriously you are just digging a hole trying to push this point when you don't have any proof of it.

And it doesn't matter anyway whether she was crap ather job or good at it

The proof my dear is in the pudding. Yeah it kind of does matter if she was given a second contract and promotion at the tax payers expense.

well clearly you dont so i will revert back to my "obvious ignorance" reply and leave it there.

So what experience do you have? Done time with RDF? Picked up a Steyr on field days? Didnt think so. Do you actually do anything for your community? Civil Defence or Order of Malta? Didnt think so

So what experience do you have? Done time with RDF? Picked up a Steyr on field days? Didnt think so. Do you actually do anything for your community? Civil Defence or Order of Malta? Didnt think so

and what does any of that have to do with this thread? nothing, absolutely nothing. the same way your experience has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. you made up some **** and decided to keep doubling down. nothing more to it than that.

and what does any of that have to do with this thread? nothing, absolutely nothing. the same way your experience has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. you made up some **** and decided to keep doubling down. nothing more to it than that.

You feel confident enough to critise lads talking from experience but when challenced you dont offer any similar experience.

• Advertisement

You feel confident enough to critise lads talking from experience but when challenced you dont offer any similar experience.

but you have no experience of what the lady herself did during her time in the PDF. You have no idea how she got into the air corp. you have no experience of any of these things yet you insist you must have been a crap soldier and only got into the air corp because of 'diversity'. so basically you have been talking nothing but crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement