Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Just one small observation

Her diction/clipped speech pattern is weird as fcuk.

She certainly doesn't have a Dundalk accent, more Midlands. Just once in last night's interview did I hear a vowel pronounced in the Dundalk/Ulster way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

but you have no experience of what the lady herself did during her time in the PDF. You have no idea how she got into the air corp. you have no experience of any of these things yet you insist you must have been a crap soldier and only got into the air corp because of 'diversity'. so basically you have been talking nothing but crap.

What do I think 2 and 3 star training looks like?
    Weapons training and handling, support weapons, foot drills, Platoon in attack, platoon in defence, foot drills, Presentation, basic military theory, basic communications, FIBUA. A few Long Marches, over night exercises, 2 weeks in the Glen of Imaal, and some night fighting. Got me no idea!!

Well there are lack of qualifications I would like to see for MATS hostess. Nothing in food and drink (catering corps), Business organisation(logistics), languages (communications corps). You got me there, so how did she get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Weapons training and handling, support weapons, foot drills, Platoon in attack, platoon in defence, foot drills, Presentation, basic military theory, basic communications, FIBUA. A few Long Marches, over night exercises, 2 weeks in the Glen of Imaal, and some night fighting. Got me no idea!!

Well there are lack of qualifications I would like to see for MATS hostess. Nothing in food and drink (catering corps), Business organisation(logistics), languages (communications corps). You got me there, so how did she get in?

why are you asking me? you already have it all figured out.

why are you asking me? you already have it all figured out.

Yeah Cos I did it you muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Is this the ISIS returning thread? :)

• Advertisement

Is this the ISIS returning thread? :)

Shure come on in and have the tae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Friendly reminder of what ISIS (the organisation this Woman pledged her fealty to) get up to
    Almost everyone on this planet knows about the crimes of ISIS but she didn't apparently

https://twitter.com/iwardyiwardy/status/1151943244886020096

She must have been cooking the spuds when all this was going on

iu-5.jpg

RTE, Irish Times, Indo and practically every media outlet in the country believe we need to show compassion for someone who was involved in this.

iu-6.jpg

The women weren't involved of course

iu-7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yeah Cos I did it you muppet.

@skooterblue2 - Please be civil to other users.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

She was a "diversity hire". Many "woke" organisations are getting in on it. I doubt she was the armys first choice, rather a liberal politicians one or civil servant....Might be a good idea to let the DF do its own recruiting and not have the civil service interfering.

Lisa Smith was a "diversity hire"? Come off it, thats ridiculous.
    You only get 5 year contracts with the army. She got two of them.

That's not very accurate.
    She had to get out after the second because she want "NCO material". In the first one you complete training. In the second you must do 3 training courses or so many missions to retain your contract and also pass your life test and be of A or Bx standard.
    Before your third contract you must be an NCO or be Captain.

That's also not very accurate.
    A lot actually, she wasn't considered suitable by rank and file. She used the auld "diversity" to get into the Air Corps which is a difficult feat on the best of days. I am suggesting that her promotion into the Air Corps was push by diversity rather than accomplishments

Rank and file? A Corps transfer isn't that hard, "diversity" isn't exactly the thing that gets you across the line. Did she get Promoted into the Air Corps? I thought she was an Airwoman? Also, you don't usually get a Corps transfer because of "accomplishments".
    You dont know what goes on in the Defence Forces. You dont know about recruitment or training or units. While you may not have as many opportunities for front line combat in as many places as the British Army, the prescribed training is very much to the same standard. This is the first member of the Defence Forces that I am aware of that has left and went to fight for an opposing force.

She is not the first.
    Because I was there when there was a push on to get female PTI and then onto the Pots course. So I would have seen it going on. I would have heard the NCO's trying to pick out suitable Pots and being told about the need to have more female NCO's at the time.

Yeah some of that did happen and I agree with it, not because of "Gender Quotas" or other bull**** but because having females in key appointments is practical for a myriad of reasons.
    email me with an address and I will send you a photo of discharge papers after the weekend.

If you served, well done but from some of your quotes above...they just seem wrong.
    I would consider a transfer from an Infantry unit to high profile unit like Air Corps a promotion. With all things being equal which would you consider higher profile, an Infantry Battalion or the Air Corps? To change unit like that you must have some pull or massive accomplishments. The Infantry always has loads of vacancies but the Air Corps? That is a very accomplished like the Military Police or certain parts of the Naval Service or OED or Engineers.

Its not a promotion...its a Corps transfer, something that is straightforward.
    Still waiting on that PM with your email address. I will send you a photo of my discharge papers.

Sure lash up a screenshot on imgur or whatever and PM us a link. Or a photo in uniform with your face, name tag and rank marking blacked out....not breaking per/opsec.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

FFS. No one cares, chicken!

All you are showing is that you don't understand what "proof" means.

As far as anyone here can tell you're some randomer on the internet telling everyone he was in the army and listing off all the training you say you did. It doesn't account for anything - it doesn't prove Lisa Smith was a crap member of DF personnel and it doesn't prove you were even in the DF.

And it doesn't matter if she was crap at her job. You think anyone cares at this stage if the DF could have got more bang for their buck by hiring someone other than Lisa Smith??

You made an assertion, you haven't provided anything objective to back it up, so others are free to dismiss it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Leave the filthy terrorist whore out there to die.

Less of this language please.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

Calhoun wrote: »

If she was so interested in living the Muslim faith, then why did she not marry an imam /religious leader and not go to the other extreme -which she did- by marrying an ISIS fighter.
    If and when she returns she should be treated as a ‘SLEEPER’ for the ISIS movement. How on earth is the Irish intelligence dept going to prove that she is not a sleeper or will some some day step out in a crowd and slash all around her - given the environment she choose to experience and live in , the decisions she made and the comments she made since she entered the public domain - and absence of comments she might have made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Calhoun wrote: »

Not surprised the Independent is decline for years with this self righteous level of journalism.Blame everything and never look at the facts.
    She left this country on her own free will to join one of the most barbaric organization the world has ever seen.Let her rot there, she make her bed now let her lie in it, the evil twisted bitch.

wiggle16 wrote: »

And it doesn't matter if she was crap at her job. You think anyone cares at this stage if the DF could have got more bang for their buck by hiring someone other than Lisa Smith??

You made an assertion, you haven't provided anything objective to back it up, so others are free to dismiss it.

Kind of hard to prove it when your discharge papers are in a file in my parents house, never thought I would need them. I dont have photos, only idiots carried cameras back then, when they could be easily broken or stolen. Also back then we didnt have any mobile phones with cameras. have it for you Monday.

Well yeah it cost a lot to train someone and then she went over to the other side that we are currently at war with.They need to be paid, clothed, fed, health care, equipped, housed and insured. This is the problem with the Department of Defence, great at buying quality equipment and crap at managing people.

My own opinion is that she made a choice to travel, live and raise a kid in a supposed Caliphate. A Caliphate which has been born out of outrageous acts of horror and suffering.

The Caliphate failed, yet she remains a supporter.

You don't go to a place like that and not have your strengths exploited. Many women spent their time being raped, beaten and treated badly.

Lisa Smith was first and foremost an Infantry soldier, transfer to the Air Corps or not, you don't forget your basic training, no matter what she claims. She would be at least proficient with the operation and maintenance of rifles, machine guns, grenades, anti tank weapons and potentially support weapons (mortars & heavy machine guns)

She seems to still believe in the Caliphate and is blind to all the terror behind it. How she can ignore the acts of those she is surrounded by and remains a believer we will never understand.

Her attitude and motivations will not change if she returns to Ireland. Some people here do not see an issue with her coming "home". Some here doubt she will be a threat to State security. Some here think just because she has a crotch goblin that she should be brought back to Ireland....sort yourselves out!

It is highly likely she used her previous military training to some use in Syria. Even purely to be elevated to the status of being "useful" to the Caliphate to avoid falling into the trap of being "sexually useful" for foreign ISIL fighters...husband or no husband.

She has put herself in this position.

Unfortunately (apparently) Ireland cannot charge her with anything because our PC government were too busy imposing taxes on us than implimenting laws to disuade Irish citizens from travelling to be part of an internationally recognised terrorist organisation.

Her love of the Caliphate will not dissapear once re-entering Ireland. If people cannot understand the security implications of that alone, then fcuk me, youre brain dead.

Kind of hard to prove it when your discharge papers are in a file in my parents house, never thought I would need them. I dont have photos, only idiots carried cameras back then, when they could be easily broken or stolen. Also back then we didnt have any mobile phones with cameras. have it for you Monday.

Well yeah it cost a lot to train someone and then she went over to the other side that we are currently at war with.They need to be paid, clothed, fed, health care, equipped, housed and insured. This is the problem with the Department of Defence, great at buying quality equipment and crap at managing people.

You have zero photos of your service? No passing out photos? No back of the truck all camo'd up photos? No overseas photos? How long did you serve? Whats the first 3 digits in your service number? Wonder do we know each other.

I also disagree with the DOD being great with buying quality equipment...but do agree with the DOD being crap at managing...military...people.

• Advertisement

She is not the first.

Its not a promotion...its a Corps transfer, something that is straightforward.

I am not aware of any previous to this and I do not consider anyone joining any friendly national armed forces as traitor.

Maybe it is straight forward and maybe it isnt. Transfer between similar units is not a problem as long as there are vacancies. As for popular postings there tends to a bit of competition. My friend was in NCCC and he had a job to get back to Army posting. Some units are popular than others. MATS sounds like a handy number.

I am not aware of any previous to this and I do not consider anyone joining any friendly national armed forces as traitor.

Maybe it is straight forward and maybe it isnt. Transfer between similar units is not a problem as long as there are vacancies. As for popular postings there tends to a bit of competition. My friend was in NCCC and he had a job to get back to Army posting. Some units are popular than others. MATS sounds like a handy number.

Im the same, no issue with people joining a foreign military but I was on about guys leaving and joining terrorist organisations...of which we have had a few.

A transfer to the AC is uncomplicated but doesnt happen everyday. Also...what is the NCCC? Never heard of it.

You have zero photos of your service? No passing out photos? No back of the truck all camo'd up photos? No overseas photos? How long did you serve? Whats the first 3 digits in your service number? Wonder do we know each other.

I also disagree with the DOD being great with buying quality equipment...but do agree with the DOD being crap at managing...military...people.

PM sent. 6 years.

Nah for the budget they have they do a great job buying, as for value for money. Lets not go down the road of our neighbours, L85 & L86 and drones that dont work. I dont know if MOWAGs were fit for purpose or were abused to the hilt. But the Panhards and Dauphins have been great value for money.

PM sent. 6 years.

Nah for the budget they have they do a great job buying, as for value for money. Lets not go down the road of our neighbours, L85 & L86 and drones that dont work. I dont know if MOWAGs were fit for purpose or were abused to the hilt. But the Panhards and Dauphins have been great value for money.

You have 6 years Reserve service, fair play.

Have to disagree again, they actually waste money on kit that it is not fit for purpose.

Im the same, no issue with people joining a foreign military but I was on about guys leaving and joining terrorist organisations...of which we have had a few.

A transfer to the AC is uncomplicated but doesnt happen everyday. Also...what is the NCCC? Never heard of it.

Ahhh like Charlie Bowden in "private industry". I have come across a few head bangers with leanings in my time. If it was the other way around I would be highly suspicious of an ex-defence force personnel member turning up.

You have 6 years Reserve service, fair play.

Have to disagree again, they actually waste money on kit that it is not fit for purpose.

You know how these government contracts work? Like the FN's. I saw a shiny new one one day in the armoury, picked it up. Now it had no energa sight on it and the hand guard rattled. Yeah I know where it came from and thought them idiots were right tools buying them.

The toilet paper was definitely the worst part.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would not trust a word that comes out of her mouth. Leave her there we do not want her back here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If she thinks she’s going to have a nice and easy, and quiet life, if she gets back. She is as delusional now as she was when she joined isis. And her family’s life will be absolutely torn apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mad muffin wrote: »
    If she thinks she’s going to have a nice and easy, and quiet life, if she gets back. She is as delusional now as she was when she joined isis. And her family’s life will be absolutely torn apart.

What do you mean?

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I think I would rather have a criminal with drugs problems in my family than admit to having her in my family. Her family must have been mortified over her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement