Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gatling wrote: »
    Why is it beyond stupid ,

She's a terrorist and null and voids her rights anyone supporting her to be brought back and essentially freed without any prosecution needs to look at themselves would you like her living beside you and your family (or is that a stupid) too the thought of her living beside you and your loved one's

On what basis does that void her rights? Does the same apply to all irish terrorists?

tuxy wrote: »
    Was the marriage legitimate?
    If it was she can apply for British citizenship and see if they will accept it. I'm sure they would be delighted!

irrelevant. she is a natural born irish citizen and there is no mechanism to remove that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

that is what civilised countries do. as far as i am aware we are still a civilised country

But we lock up people for not paying their TV licence and grant dangerous individuals from foreign countries the rights to stay and full asylum .

Civil or stupid decisions

But we lock up people for not paying their TV licence and grant dangerous individuals from foreign countries the rights to stay and full asylum .

Civil or stupid decisions

what is the relevance of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

If it was she can apply for British citizenship and see if they will accept it. I'm sure they would be delighted!

Dont know about that as she was his second wife? The other munter is locked up in the UK for something or other.

• Advertisement

On what basis does that void her rights? Does the same apply to all irish terrorists?

Well there were years when the DFA wouldnt issue passports to Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams to go to the states?

what is the relevance of that?

Very relevant to this discussion .

We lock up citizens for not paying their TV licence but support foreign imported criminals including awarding asylum and citizenship .

But lets bring back a terrorist so she can walk the streets because some people will claim she didn't break Irish laws .

And yes i feel exactly the same about Irish terrorists including the ira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well there were years when the DFA wouldnt issue passports to Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams to go to the states?

They both should have applied for British passports then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

We lock up citizens for not paying their TV licence but support foreign imported criminals including awarding asylum and citizenship .

But lets bring back a terrorist so she can walk the streets because some people will claim she didn't break Irish laws .

But she doesn't answer to that description so why bring it up?

Well they are talking about having parallel Sharia and British courts in the UK. It starts with sharia compliant divorces and wills.

• Advertisement

I think we have already established that people can be locked up for breaking the law but can't be locked up if they have not broken any law.

This has to be dealt with out in Syria before she can return as she cannot be tried here. To paraphrase a great man of the church "That would be a Kurdish matter". If the Kurds let her go that green lights every potential "Irish" Jihadi to go out there. "Its all fine boys the DFA will have us home in time for tea and medals".

They both should have applied for British passports then.

There were problems that day at the Home Office, the rubber stamps had worn down and they were waiting on a new batch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i dont want her kind in this country or returning to this country.
    i wouldnt want to be living anywhere near her and find it abhorrent that that utter waster of a taoiseach thinks its acceptable to allow her to return.

she was very quick to cast aside a country she was born in that gave her an education and a career.

now because of some inane readon she doesnt want to remain there we're supposed to welcome her back with open arms.

yeah, right.

This has to be dealt with out in Syria before she can return as she cannot be tried here. To paraphrase a great man of the church "That would be a Kurdish matter". If the Kurds let her go that green lights every potential "Irish" Jihadi to go out there. "Its all fine boys the DFA will have us home in time for tea and medals".

The Kurds don't have the resources, they have already stated they would like foreign governments to repatriate their citizens where possible.
    An Irish citizen is now a burden on the Kurds who are doing the best they can under the very difficult circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Well they are talking about having parallel Sharia and British courts in the UK. It starts with sharia compliant divorces and wills.

They already have sharia courts, but they can't rule outside british law. The legislation is the same that allowed jews to set up beth din courts in the very early 1900's. A bad idea all round but there ye go.

i wouldnt want to be living anywhere near her and find it abhorrent that that utter waster of a taoiseach thinks its acceptable to allow her to return.

Our Taoiseach is not above international law. I'm not sure why you think he should be.....

I am all in favour of getting her a nice 3 bedroom in Castleknock. It will be grand they said. What do you think is really going to happen? Back to working class Dundalk and that is where she will be sent and head of the housing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This has to be dealt with out in Syria before she can return as she cannot be tried here.

I'd agree with this. I certainly wouldn't be happy for her to return here, and not be tried for any crime (there may be some crimes she can be charged with here. Some people have mentioned treason but I think that's a real stretch).

Maybe the lost likely is that she'd be tried and convicted in Syria and either serve a long sentence there before being deported, or be repatriated to serve a long sentence here.

osarusan wrote: »

Maybe the lost likely is that she'd be tried and convicted in Syria and either serve a long sentence there, .

And If they gave a death sentence .

Try to stop it ?

• Advertisement

The Kurds don't have the resources, they have already stated they would like foreign governments to repatriate their citizens where possible.
    An Irish citizen is now a burden on the Kurds who are doing the best they can under the very difficult circumstances.

That is the Kurds problem but if they let all those young boys go they will come back as men in a few short years. We are in no position to judge the Kurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

And If they gave a death sentence .

Try to stop it ?

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if that happened, but I'm sure the Irish government would feel obliged to protest.

really? i dont remember that. i know the us would not give him a visa for a long time at the request of the british. not that it is relevant to stopping an irish citizen entering the country.

Maybe the lost likely is that she'd be tried and convicted in Syria and either serve a long sentence there before being deported, or be repatriated to serve a long sentence here.

Where would you hold her? and at what expense? she cannot mix with the General population inside, she will radicalise 150 pure head bangers. Kurdish problem, Kurdish solution.

really? i dont remember that. i know the us would not give him a visa for a long time at the request of the british. not that it is relevant to stopping an irish citizen entering the country.

Well she has to enter Ireland on an Irish Passport. We just dont issue her with one same as Adams and McGuinness, due to her having a criminal record?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Anyone who goes over to fight for a bunch of head choppers in the name of some mystery pedo in the clouds should be told get to ****. I honestly couldn't give a bollox if these people rot over there. They chose their bed to lie on. I don't want my tax money facilitating them. I also believe laws should be changed. Make it much easier to remove citizenships.

.......... I'm sure the Irish government would feel obliged to protest.

Token protest. Return a diplomat that was near the end of his posting.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I don't want my tax money facilitating them. I also believe laws should be changed. Make it much easier to remove citizenships.

I am so with you on this case but then you have other enemies of the state like Maurice McCabe and other whistle blowers. Its a very fine line that you are about to cross.

Well she has to enter Ireland on an Irish Passport. We just dont issue her with one same as Adams and McGuinness, due to her having a criminal record?

That is very different, people can be blocked from leaving Ireland but not returning.
    If she arrives at an Irish port she has to be let in even with no passport. There is no country to send her to, either she is let in or she lives in the Airport terminal.

• Advertisement

she doesnt have a criminal record. and she doesnt need a passport to enter the country. And i would still like to know when Adams was refused an irish passport. His issues with going to the US were visa related.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement