Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

We have played Denmark 5 times in last couple of years . They have failed to beat us on 4 of them occasions what makes them such certs tonight ?The Swiss who in my opinion are better then the Danes didn’t win in Dublin. They may well win but they are far from certs . Take an out of form Erickson out of that team there bang average themselves .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hard to be confident of either team, denmark couldn't even win
    away to georgia

my heads says a one nil win will do for either but no goalscorer at 7/1 isn't half bad for value
    so we go down 1-0 or both teams fail to hit the net

or we might have the game of our lives....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I see Paddy Power online are offering a 4/1 treble with Italy and Spain....

It does not look good if I am honest. My expectations are very very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

PP are terrible, they have Sweden 1/20 & Italy 1/14 to win Bet365 are Sweden 1/11 & Italy 1/8 just 2 I noticed putting an accumulator together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Going with both teams to have 2+ corners in both halves at 9/2 PP
    Both teams like a corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

0-0 HT 11/8

Think it will be very tight tonight.

GL all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

*dons green jersey*

Duffy to score and Ireland to win @16/1:D

*dons green jersey*

Duffy to score and Ireland to win @16/1:D

Done this bet but Ireland to win 1 nil . 105 to 1 .

robwen wrote: »
    PP are terrible, they have Sweden 1/20 & Italy 1/14 to win Bet365 are Sweden 1/11 & Italy 1/8 just 2 I noticed putting an accumulator together

Defo the worst for soccer odds

spurshero wrote: »
    Defo the worst for soccer odds

It is their special offer.

I think you have missed my point however.

When bookies offer " specials" with different terms and doubles or trebles, you can be almost guaranteed that its not going to happen. Italy and Spain look like walkover games. They are trying to get more people on the Ireland game.

Paddy Power are in the business of getting sports results right. They obviously don't fancy our chances when we are lumped in on a treble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PP have a power price - McClean to be carded at 5/2,, 6/4 with 365, worth a few Bob me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Each team 3+ cards in the Ireland game at 8/1 with PP. 365 has it at 10/3

gazza1 wrote: »
    0-0 HT 11/8

Think it will be very tight tonight.

GL all

Winner !!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    PP have a power price - McClean to be carded at 5/2,, 6/4 with 365, worth a few Bob me thinks.

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Ok this might sound weird saying this but I feel am jinxed when it comes to cash out, I have lost count where I would bet in play another goal in the half but when I feel it gets closer to the end of the half I would cash out and almost instantly the game suspends and guess what it’s usually a goal this is seriously frustrating anyone else feel my pain in this way?

francie81 wrote: »
    Ok this might sound weird saying this but I feel am jinxed when it comes to cash out, I have lost count where I would bet in play another goal in the half but when I feel it gets closer to the end of the half I would cash out and almost instantly the game suspends and guess what it’s usually a goal this is seriously frustrating anyone else feel my pain in this way?
    Why cash out though ? Like the cash out button is there for the reason and it ain’t for the punter . It’s very rear you get what would be considered a fair offer . There was 1 a while back of some lad that done a 1 euro accum and his first couple of selections won ., he cashed out for a little over 2 euro . All his selections came in and he missed out on a45 k payday !!! Like what was the 2 euro going to do for him and as long as he’s punting he will never pick a 45 000 to 1 winner again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cash out can have its use when it is a 6-fold with 4 winners and the 2 open ones are at the same time.
    Sometimes quite hard laying those when there is only minutes left and the 6-fold threatens to land.
    Cash out on singles, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Why cash out though ? Like the cash out button is there for the reason and it ain’t for the punter . It’s very rear you get what would be considered a fair offer . There was 1 a while back of some lad that done a 1 euro accum and his first couple of selections won ., he cashed out for a little over 2 euro . All his selections came in and he missed out on a45 k payday !!! Like what was the 2 euro going to do for him and as long as he’s punting he will never pick a 45 000 to 1 winner again .

Oh I would be more reluctant in cashing out an accum opposed to potentially being totally out when it comes to putting your balance on an in play bet, not soo long ago I was very close to winning 700 BTTS accum to which I never cashed out and had numerous chances and ultimately the last leg lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

francie81 wrote: »

Well it would just be a coincidence sadly, so yes, you may well be jinxed.

The second a betting company get's foul/corner kick/free kick/penalty kick/anything that may lead to a goal sent to them by their data provider they will shut-off the market

Hence why it's so regular that this happens.

• Advertisement

Cant resist a nibble on the U21's tonight at 13/8.
    Dont know too much about the swedes but we beat them 3-1 away.

Winner!!

4-1 final score

The future is looking brighter for the National team if these guys keep developing

Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

PP betbuilder for Darlington game at just over evens
    FHG + BTTS and Over 2.5

Carcrash
    Good Luck all!

In-play

Wycombe game U2.5
    Lincoln game U1.5

2/1ish

In-play

Wycombe game U2.5
    Lincoln game U1.5

2/1ish

Cashed out for 50% profit.
    Just get the feeling there'll be another goal in the wycombe game

• Advertisement

Cashed out for 50% profit.
    Just get the feeling there'll be another goal in the wycombe game

Oh well no other goal but at least it's not a loss

Dortmund v Paderborn 7.30

Should be an easy win for Dortmund but odds reflect that so for a betting angle I'll risk

Dortmund win to nil and -1 h'cap 31/20 boyles

Always risky taking a win to nil market but Paderborn haven't scored in they're last 4 and Dortmund have kept clean sheets in their last 2 homes including against gladbach who are scoring for fun at present.
    GL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fulham win btts at 3/1 pp for interest tonight.

Dortmund v Paderborn 7.30

Should be an easy win for Dortmund but odds reflect that so for a betting angle I'll risk

Dortmund win to nil and -1 h'cap 31/20 boyles

Always risky taking a win to nil market but Paderborn haven't scored in they're last 4 and Dortmund have kept clean sheets in their last 2 homes including against gladbach who are scoring for fun at present.
    GL

Well that went well......not !!

Fulham win btts at 3/1 pp for interest tonight.

2-1 will do nicely.

• Advertisement

2-1 will do nicely.

Well done

Post international games normally throw up a few surprises but I'll have 20 on pp special of Pool/Arsenal/Leicester at 4/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Post international games normally throw up a few surprises but I'll have 20 on pp special of Pool/Arsenal/Leicester at 4/1

Did the same .Skybet 5s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hadnt really payed any attention to today until now but 7/2 looks a bit too big for West ham at home. Everyone is expecting a spurs bounce but it's far from guaranteed and it's west hams biggest game of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Acca of wins for Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Leicester and BTTS in the Chelsea and United games

Man city v Chelsea

Will be interesting to see how city react having lost to liverpool. They obviously have the ability to beat Chelsea comfortably today but I just wonder if that defeat will have a negative effect on them today.
    Chelsea are on a 6 game winning run and scoring for fun.
    Should be a cracking game

Btts +3.5 11/8 3pts
    Chelsea +1.5tgs 11/5 1.5pts
    Chelsea win 6/1 0.5pts

GL

Bloody Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bloody Arsenal.

Paddy always knows :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Punt on Chelsea at 6s

City are beatable this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Anyone following corners in the 3pm Premier League games would have had a nice afternoon.

• Advertisement

Man city v Chelsea

Will be interesting to see how city react having lost to liverpool. They obviously have the ability to beat Chelsea comfortably today but I just wonder if that defeat will have a negative effect on them today.
    Chelsea are on a 6 game winning run and scoring for fun.
    Should be a cracking game

Btts +3.5 11/8 3pts
    Chelsea +1.5tgs 11/5 1.5pts
    Chelsea win 6/1 0.5pts

GL

Cant believe that. 3 first half goals 0 2nd half.
    Even VAR against me

Cant believe that. 3 first half goals 0 2nd half.
    Even VAR against me
    How can they call that offside complete joke .

How can they call that offside complete joke .

They will have to do something about VAR its ruining the game imo

Danick wrote: »
    It’s horrific - I was celebrating a big win and then VAR ruined it

Don’t mean to
    Be aftertiming but so was I . It’s hard enough to beat the bookies as it is without being cheated when u do get a win . Was waiting on city to score 3 goals or more for 550

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

United game acca:

Over 2.5
    Over .5 FHG
    Over 10.5 corners

@ just over 3/1 on PP.

Good Luck All

As with most of my bets this weekend - corners have been cruel

Sheffield United and Hull City win Double at 10/1.

Not sure how that utd game will go. Sheffield utd are very organised and I cant see too many opportunities for utd on the counter and that's their strength so expecting a low scoring game.
    Probably end up 3-3 now !!

For a bet I've gone to Italy

Sassuolo v Lazio

Btts +3.5 7/5 2pts

Sassuolo know where the net is at home having scored 15 in their last 6 and conceded 12 in that time.
    +2.5 has landed in all 6 games. Btts +2.5 in 5 and btts +3.5 in 4 of those games.
    Lazio have only failed to score in 1 of their last 6 aways (at inter) and have also only kept 1 clean sheet.
    Btts +2.5 has landed in 4 of their last 5 aways
    GL

Not sure how that utd game will go. Sheffield utd are very organised and I cant see too many opportunities for utd on the counter and that's their strength so expecting a low scoring game.

For a bet I've gone to Italy

Sassuolo v Lazio

Btts +3.5 7/5 2pts

Sassuolo know where the net is at home having scored 15 in their last 6 and conceded 12 in that time.
    +2.5 has landed in all 6 games. Btts +2.5 in 5 and btts +3.5 in 4 of those games.
    Lazio have only failed to score in 1 of their last 6 aways (at inter) and have also only kept 1 clean sheet.
    Btts +2.5 has landed in 4 of their last 5 aways
    GL

Just typical !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Could have got a cool 66/1 on 3-3 correct score :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just typical !!

:(:(