Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Taking a punt on Messi 2 or more tonight at 4/1 pp

Edit, quiet game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What are people's thoughts on Trent Alexander Arnold for PL POTY at 8/1?

He is as good as nailed on for YPOTY, if he stays fit, and is 1/4. He is third fav for the senior award behind Mane at 6/4 and KDB 7/2.

Liverpool are going for the title, and records and he will play a massive part in it. Could be the first person to do the double in a good few years. Oh the other hand, giving the POTY to players from the same club 3 years in a row would be pretty rare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FitzShane wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Trent Alexander Arnold for PL POTY at 8/1?

He is as good as nailed on for YPOTY, if he stays fit, and is 1/4. He is third fav for the senior award behind Mane at 6/4 and KDB 7/2.

Liverpool are going for the title, and records and he will play a massive part in it. Could be the first person to do the double in a good few years. Oh the other hand, giving the POTY to players from the same club 3 years in a row would be pretty rare

Mane odds on with most bookies AFAICS. I'd be thinking he'd have a greater potential than TAA to do more eye-catching stuff in the run-up to the award...

Btw, I'm on a longshot cup double of Crewe and Middlesbro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Mane odds on with most bookies AFAICS. I'd be thinking he'd have a greater potential than TAA to do more eye-catching stuff in the run-up to the award...

Btw, I'm on a longshot cup double of Crewe and Middlesbro

Are these not voted on already? Is it the poty or fwpoty thats voted on before xmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Will wait on team news but interested in Jack grealish markets tonight with villa missing so many attacking options the onus will be on him.

To have 2 or more shots is 4/5
    3 or more shots 13/5
    1 shot on target 11/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

AGS Two or more goals Double
    Vardy 7/4
    Icardi 7/4
    Double 6.5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Skybet special - Arsenal to have a shot on goal in the first 15 mins at evens - Good Luck all!

Aubameyang 12th minute goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Danick wrote: »
    Skybet special - Arsenal to have a shot on goal in the first 15 mins at evens - Good Luck all!

Looks good to me.

As indeed it was. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Danick wrote: »

Aubameyang 12th minute goal

Hope goals count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

eireyiddo wrote: »
    Hope goals count

They do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Spurs 4/1 at home....

Those are great odds even without Kane - if there is one man to end pools unbeaten run it's jose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MurDawg wrote: »
    Spurs 4/1 at home....

Those are great odds even without Kane - if there is one man to end pools unbeaten run it's jose

A fully fit team might have some chance but the way both clubs are playing and the full week break they got, I think 4/6 ( 7/10 and 8/11 in places) is a very generous price on Liverpool.

2 accums for today.
    Everton - they should be some sort of response after last week
    Pool - should continue their winning record
    Wolves - should have enough at home to beat Newcastle
    Leicester- at home, trickiest I think as Southampton are a little Jeckle and Hyde
    Chelsea- Burnley will make it hard bit Chelsea should still win by a goal or two.

Around 8.5/1

And
    Leeds, Charlton, Portsmouth, Coventry at just under 5/1

Pp have Leicester, Utd and Everton at 9/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Pp have Leicester, Utd and Everton at 9/2

Which usually means one of them is not gonna win

Indeed, Southampton get revenge on their thrashing.

Spurs V Liverpool
    0-0 at half time
    0-0 at full time
    Under 2.5 gls

Zzzzzzzzzz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Villa are 14/1 with Paddy Power, far too big. City have to be the most inconsistent team in the EPL, after united of course:p

Villa win for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

same as above, taking the 18s with hills and 11/2 dc

main bet on villa +3 at 5/6 (coral) looks good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Aston villa to score and 6+ villa corners 16/1 sky bet for the interest

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »

Christ :(
    I had 3-1 4-2 win for city tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

mailburner wrote: »

What were the prices for the draw and Man City?

Something like?

5/6 Villa +3
    9/4 Draw
    5/2 Man City -3

On Betfair, any other away win /score with Man City scoring more than 3 was 2.46 - looked a bit short i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Can someone please throw light on this.

I placed an inplay bet today and ended up being conned. The bet was Over 1.5 first half goals @2/7 when it was 1-0 (as it was) after 10mins turns out the score was incorrect so was in fact 0-0 the game in question was Crewe/Leeds U23 and subsequently was 0-1 at ht it was then I said I would contact PP to investigate and possibly get a refund/void when I explained it well as I am doing here he told me the traders did not have any errors on the system with that particular game so the bet stands (lost) what the hell is this about, did anyone ever experience this kind of behavior?

abarkie wrote: »
    What were the prices for the draw and Man City?

Something like?

5/6 Villa +3
    9/4 Draw
    5/2 Man City -3

On Betfair, any other away win /score with Man City scoring more than 3 was 2.46 - looked a bit short i thought
    city -3 were 11/5 with the draw at 4.75

villa were shocking in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I don't usually bet on the football but a very good friend of mine is quite good at it, based on mainly statistics going way back.

He advised me to back Man Utd to beat Woverhampton @ around 4/5 tonight and also Juventus to beat Udinese @ around 2/9 and do both in doubles. I'm not sure of the exact prices as I'll back on the exchange and do the double with maybe bet365.

He's very confident of Utd winning. I'm not really into football, watching it or backing it but based on how sure he is that both teams will win I'll get stuck in.

Utd and Cardiff win btts double for interest tonight at 14/1

Edit only 1 oblige.

Parma v Roma
    Think there'll be goals in this. How Roma only scored 1 against a stubborn juve side last time out I'll never no. Parma play an open game. Gonna put the Eddie mush tag to bed tonight
    NYoHUFQws6a1nBuz5

Over 2.5 1st half goals:pac:

Picked out a few angles on the Parma Roma game that I like this evening. Neither are great defensively so btts looks good Italy is usually good for cards and they both clock in decent corner counts in most games.

Btts 3+ corners each 2+ cards each 4/1
    Btts 4+ corners each 2+ cards each 13/2
    Over 12.5 corners 11/5
    Over 13.5 corners 10/3
    Over 14.5 corners 11/2

Edit: no good corners and cards landed no goal for Parma and the total corner count landed on 12

Parma v Roma
    Think there'll be goals in this. How Roma only scored 1 against a stubborn juve side last time out I'll never no. Parma play an open game. Gonna put the Eddie mush tag to bed tonight
    NYoHUFQws6a1nBuz5

Over 2.5 1st half goals:pac:

https://images.app.goo.gl/NYoHUFQws6a1nBuz5

• Advertisement

doucoure has scored in his last two and sarr has assisted in his last two in the league

watford have scored twice in 4/5 also and are on a tear since pearson took over, also think they are a tad overpriced against this spurs team but torn between the win and dnb

have taken doucoure anytime 11/2 nobody bigger than 4s on this
    sarr anytime assist 9/2

both 888

Sheffield United, Palace, Villa and Newcastle win only Yankee. I have a single on Newcastle as well. I go a bit mad sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Sheffield United, Palace, Villa and Newcastle win only Yankee. I have a single on Newcastle as well. I go a bit mad sometimes.

Well done and you weren't a million miles away with the yankee either.:eek: DC would have delivered on what I'd imagine would still be pretty good odds

I'm going with Sky request-a-bet of Firmino to score, Liverpool to win and Fred & Brandon Williams to be carded @ 22/1

West Brom will look to create some daylight with their game in hand following Leeds loss st the weekend, while Stoke have lost 9 of 13 away games.
    Atalanta are 5th while Spal have lost 8 of 10 away games.

Medium bet on the double at 5/4

Free bet on win btts double at 10/1 both with pp

Edit truly awful, West Brom could be there till tomorrow and not score while I quickly remember why I dont bet on Italian games.

Leicester V West ham

Think west ham are a weird price tonight to beat a Leicester side that haven't been great of late. Although the hammers have had a poor season they're due a scalp off one of the top sides , unlucky against a very good Sheffield side not to get a point, VAR doing them no favours and playing much better under moyes. Haller is gonna cause problems for Leicester tonight. I don't know how fit vardy is tbh. Hammers luck changing tonight. Odds seem crazy for a few correct scores.

0-1, 0-2 ,1-2 , 1-1 and 2-2

am quite keen to take on leic also who have lost two and drawn two of their last 4 at home against villa, soton and norwich so they are anything but
    odds on shots now

add to that westham have won two away recently to chelsea and soton so their form isn't bad since moyes took over

6/1 looks well worth a punt to me

• Advertisement

For those backing West Ham, pp have west ham, utd and spurs at 14/1 dont fancy it but its a nice price for adding the other 2 short prices.

For those backing West Ham, pp have west ham, utd and spurs at 14/1 dont fancy it but its a nice price for adding the other 2 short prices.

Wouldn't touch united tbh. Dunno where goals are coming

Going with btts double in Leicester and Utd games at 5/2

took this and glad I did now for a smaller stake

west ham are absolute pants so far

Leicester V West ham

Think west ham are a weird price tonight to beat a Leicester side that haven't been great of late. Although the hammers have had a poor season they're due a scalp off one of the top sides , unlucky against a very good Sheffield side not to get a point, VAR doing them no favours and playing much better under moyes. Haller is gonna cause problems for Leicester tonight. I don't know how fit vardy is tbh. Hammers luck changing tonight. Odds seem crazy for a few correct scores.

0-1, 0-2 ,1-2 , 1-1 and 2-2

Forgot how crap west ham really are. Last time I'll be burned by them clowns

• Advertisement

Going with btts double in Leicester and Utd games at 5/2

3/4 ......Utd really are a 1 man team.

Wolves will certainly trouble liverpool tonight and should score but it is hard not to see liverpool winning given the run they are on and their line up and bench is as strong as ever.

Pool win btts 7/2, pp, is a good enough price for me to take.

Edit they certainly caused trouble, but Liverpool still got the win 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Wolves will certainly trouble liverpool tonight and should score but it is hard not to see liverpool winning given the run they are on and their line up and bench is as strong as ever.

Pool win btts 7/2, pp, is a good enough price for me to take.

Edit they certainly caused trouble, but Liverpool still got the win 2-1
    Nice . Good tipping .

I have had a tenner on Hull at 6/1.

Come on Ull !!

Martial First goal today looks a decent pick. Although I'm awaiting the team sheet I just think he's the only 1 coming close to sticking it in the onion sack since the Rashford injury. I will have a long think on it if Phil Jones is anywhere near the starting 11 also

Few punts I've picked out for the day

Pool win and under 4.5
    Man city over 1.5 in first half
    Just over 9/4

PSG win and over 1.5
    Leverkusen -1
    2/1

Rangers
    Inter
    Juventus
    All score over 1.5 goals
    5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Martial First goal today looks a decent pick. Although I'm awaiting the team sheet I just think he's the only 1 coming close to sticking it in the onion sack since the Rashford injury. I will have a long think on it if Phil Jones is anywhere near the starting 11 also

I wouldn't back anything dependent on United with stolen money.

Few punts I've picked out for the day

Pool win and under 4.5
    Man city over 1.5 in first half
    Just over 9/4

PSG win and over 1.5
    Leverkusen -1
    2/1

Rangers
    Inter
    Juventus
    All score over 1.5 goals
    5/2

1 out of 3 and back where I started the day

I wouldn't back anything dependent on United with stolen money.

Jones started so I said a big no thanks :)

Think Arsenal will get it all right tonight. Going with 3-0 and 4-0

• Advertisement
Advertisement