Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Had Werner and Moise Keane 2 or more goals each 99/1 Werner coming up one short!! anyway moving on. Messi Greenwood and Luke DeJong AGS Treble 14.75/1 then I'm selecting them again but adding Haaland to score 2 or more. 51/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm on Man United to win tonight to complete an acca. Should I cash in my chips for €90 (€150 full jackpot)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'd hold tough. Utd should hold out for a win.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'd hold tough. Utd should hold out for a win.

Cheers. Have cashed out for €115; the last 20 minutes would be agony otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Cheers. Have cashed out for €115; the last 20 minutes would be agony otherwise.

Better a bird in the hand than two in the bush. Wise call.

Better a bird in the hand than two in the bush. Wise call.

Would have one in each hand at this stage but c'est la vie

Would have one in each hand at this stage but c'est la vie

Not to worry lad. A nice 115e in the pocket. Well done.

Had Werner and Moise Keane 2 or more goals each 99/1 Werner coming up one short!! anyway moving on. Messi Greenwood and Luke DeJong AGS Treble 14.75/1 then I'm selecting them again but adding Haaland to score 2 or more. 51/1

Treble winner.. Haaland scored late on (needed another) so frustrationing for a bigger win like earlier :confused: but treble 14/1 came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

nice to get a few quid back from pp and utd the only one that
    cruised to a win

Some good shouts tonight across the board. I continued my losing run. Must up my game for the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I'm on Man United to win tonight to complete an acca. Should I cash in my chips for €90 (€150 full jackpot)?

It's going to sound like after-timing now but my theory is that you cash out to limit losses, not limit gains. Why would you cash out a bet where you thought United would win and they were 1-0 up? Doesn't make any sense. Always remember, bookies LOVE punters who cash out when their bet is going well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Does this seem sketchy to anyone else? I placed a few quid with William Hill on Rashford to have more than two shots on target. I logged on expecting the win only to see my bet voided. I contacted them via live chat and the reply was "Rashford didn't start so all bets are voided".

I suppose it's the principle involved but this really annoyed me. It would've only been a tenner or so in winnings but I fail to see any way, shape or form that a bet on a player to have more than two shots on target is dependant on him starting the match.

It would've been fair if they voided the bet based on rashford not coming on at all. But there is nothing about placing such a bet that has anything to do with the player starting or coming on as a sub. Seems incredibly unfair to me to void it

roro1990 wrote: »
    Does this seem sketchy to anyone else? I placed a few quid with William Hill on Rashford to have more than two shots on target. I logged on expecting the win only to see my bet voided. I contacted them via live chat and the reply was "Rashford didn't start so all bets are voided".

I suppose it's the principle involved but this really annoyed me. It would've only been a tenner or so in winnings but I fail to see any way, shape or form that a bet on a player to have more than two shots on target is dependant on him starting the match.

It would've been fair if they voided the bet based on rashford not coming on at all. But there is nothing about placing such a bet that has anything to do with the player starting or coming on as a sub. Seems incredibly unfair to me to void it

I think most bookies void it now if the player doesn't start which is only fair and I think bet365 allows you to make the call whether to void pre match or not if a non starter

I've lost track of the number of times in the past where I lost my stake due to a 10 minute cameo and often wished the rules were fairer like they are now but again there's so much competition these days.

I think it's fair to say that although you may have won tonight I think long term the bookies win if they don't void a non starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Yeah, I didn't know they voided if you dont start but as mentioned above it is usually the opposite outcome to what you experienced. They didn't throw you a free bet or anything? I enquired about missing a place on a golf bet and the girl threw me a freebie without me even asking.
    As for shots in target, where do you lads track that stat during the game? Sites like live score or even the bookies dont have the level of detail, or do they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Was it voided at kickoff?
    Some voud bets like that if a player doesn't start.
    Lost a similar sot bet with pp bet last season , De Bruyne came on in the 80th min, didn't have a sot and it was classed as a loss.

Pp have a stats option for sot, also whoscored.com are good.

another vote for whoscored.com

when a match is awful, sometimes it's more exciting refreshing the ap/page :D

Cheers. Will check that out.
    And I hear you man. Had a period of winning in over goals and got a greater kick out of the goal update on bet365 than the bloody match itself! Lol

Anyway. Fancy New York against Toronto tonight in mls. Toronto have some key injuries, already on the play offs and got spanked on Saturday, showing the might be easing up a bit ahead of the play offs.

Good luck lads

byronbay2 wrote: »
    It's going to sound like after-timing now but my theory is that you cash out to limit losses, not limit gains. Why would you cash out a bet where you thought United would win and they were 1-0 up? Doesn't make any sense. Always remember, bookies LOVE punters who cash out when their bet is going well!

My Bet365 account was nearly empty, needed to guarantee some bit of a lump sum to remain viable if Joe Biden doesn't come through for me next week:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

My Bet365 account was nearly empty, needed to guarantee some bit of a lump sum to remain viable if Joe Biden doesn't come through for me next week:P

No problem, if you needed the dosh but in a more general sense there seems to be quite a few posters on here whose first thought when a bet looks like clicking is to cash out. Just a bad strategy imo. Cash out when your bet is losing to get 30%, 40% of your stake back, not when your bet is winning and you're being offered 70%, 80% of your full payout.

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    No problem, if you needed the dosh but in a more general sense there seems to be quite a few posters on here whose first thought when a bet looks like clicking is to cash out. Just a bad strategy imo. Cash out when your bet is losing to get 30%, 40% of your stake back, not when your bet is winning and you're being offered 70%, 80% of your full payout.

There's no right or wrong strategy imo. Last night the Utd game was getting into risky territory. Only 1-0 up with close to 15 minutes left. Anything could happen. Utd haven't exactly been great at home this year getting hammered by Palace and Tottenham and drawing with Chelsea. And they weren't too hot last night either when it was 1-0.

It's really up to each individual to cash out when they feel its getting into 'dangrrous territory'. The poster still won close to 80% of his original bet by taking out the risk of the last 15 minutes. It just happened that when he cashed out Utd scored almost immediately. This happens at times but Leipzig could also have scored and the game ended up 1-1 and your left with a big fat zero and a lot of 'what ifs'?

If i was in the same situation as the poster i would have cashed out for 80% with 15 mins left and only 1-0. It's a winning bet. You wouldn't obviously. Each of us see's it differently.

Just lookibg at the Arsenal v Dundalk game and you can get Dundalk at 5/2 to score a goal tonight. That's close to the biggest odds i've seen for a team to score in a game. I dont expect Arsenal to play anywhere near their strongest team and you can be sure Dundalk will be treating this as one of their biggest ever games so can the Town nick a goal? I'll give a hesitant nod to a yes and Arsenal to win 5-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Just lookibg at the Arsenal v Dundalk game and you can get Dundalk at 5/2 to score a goal tonight. That's close to the biggest odds i've seen for a team to score in a game. I dont expect Arsenal to play anywhere near their strongest team and you can be sure Dundalk will be treating this as one of their biggest ever games so can the Town nick a goal? I'll give a hesitant nod to a yes and Arsenal to win 5-1.

Arsenal missing a lot of centre backs, and Mustafi is going to start, so I'd agree with you that it's worth a punt.

ps4NxtP.pngh2CFkaQ.png
    my ones for the 5.55 games

Arsenal missing a lot of centre backs, and Mustafi is going to start, so I'd agree with you that it's worth a punt.

Yea Arsenal definately a little fragile at the back tonight. Maybe it's time for the Hobanator to score on the biggest of nights? Or perhaps Michael Duffy who's a lifelong Gooner and even used the name 'Thierry' for his Confirmation. Looking forward to this game and seeing how our champions look against a top club.

Drogheda to score one goal or more v Arsenal 5/2 PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Lille at close to Evens on the exchange to beat Celtic is a great price imo. Will wait for teams but will have a bet on this barring any strange Lille absentees.

Drogheda to score one goal or more v Arsenal 5/2 PP

Just read Chalk McHugh posted that special already.. whoops.. Dundalk win and btts is 50/1!! 55/1 with a pp boost.. gun stick 2e of free bets on it for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Tottenham, Villarreal & AC Milan all to win

15/8

PP doing a free fiver in the Pool v West Ham game.

My effort....

Over 3.5
    Mané anytime
    Pool-1
    Red card yes

5 gets you 135

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I’m looking for a spreadsheet of all premier league penalty takers and the second choice if that players isn’t on the pitch.

Extra points if anyone knows one for the top 5 Europeans leagues.

Anybody got any advice where to look?

• Advertisement

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I’m looking for a spreadsheet of all premier league penalty takers and the second choice if that players isn’t on the pitch.

Extra points if anyone knows one for the top 5 Europeans leagues.

Anybody got any advice where to look?

https://www.benchboost.com/premier-league-set-piece-takers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Wouldn't be sure what to make of Liverpool penalty situation... Milner was on the field the other evening but salah took the penalty.. I know salah was fouled to win the penalty but I'd have thought it was Milners to take....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Nice boost on Jimenez for 1+ shots on target on PP
    2/9 to Evs

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

Brenty wrote: »
    Nice boost on Jimenez for 1+ shots on target on PP
    2/9 to Evs

Is there something unusual about this bet? It seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jimenez's last games for Wolves have yielded 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 shots on target.

Maybe they think today is the day he gets none. I'm gonna guess he will continue his steak of getting one.

Leinster90 wrote: »

As long as he starts, it really should come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Wouldn't be sure what to make of Liverpool penalty situation... Milner was on the field the other evening but salah took the penalty.. I know salah was fouled to win the penalty but I'd have thought it was Milners to take....

Salah takes all of Liverpools penalties these days rather than Milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Leinster90 wrote: »

Looks better than it is because 2/9 is a joke of a price. Another poster pointed out barring the last game he only had 1 in all other games this season. Be surprised if it doesn't come in but he isn't a kane/salah type who will have 6/7 shots a game he generally averages about 3. 20 quid max stake is grand tho

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

Could be a decent bet tonight

just a heads up that 20 max might be sterling as my max is 22.40

every little helps :)

• Advertisement

I like the price on reading 7/5 top of the league and coventry couldnt be in worse form

It's a disaster of a division for me bettingwise so far this season though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

On the jimenez bet and have him in my fantasy football. I know how this ends

eh i dunno wrote: »
    On the jimenez bet and have him in my fantasy football. I know how this ends

... as a winner :)

... as a winner :)

Has he had a shot on target? Sofascore says not

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

Did Raul come in? Missed first 20 mins

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Has he had a shot on target? Sofascore says not

Not yet..

Brenty wrote: »
    Did Raul come in? Missed first 20 mins

No, not in tbe first half. He had a shot blocked by a defender and pp stats put it down as a sot. They've since corrected it.

Wolves sitting back..:(

Nice to see another one of these type bets win.

• Advertisement

Nice to see another one of these type bets win.

Made us sweat

Advertisement