Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Will I Learn??

• 15-02-2019 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

In August 2017 I updated my bundle (landline, e-fibre and 2 sim only deals). The Eir team made a complete mess of the bundle and the pricing, and it took almost 4 months to sort out that fiasco.
    That contract ended this month, so I shopped around. Problem was, the Eir offer was SO much better than anyone else, that I decided that lightning couldn't strike twice. 
    What a disillusioned idiot I turned out to be.
    On Thursday 7th February, my bundle was switched. I was told to allow 24 hours for it to become operational.
    On Friday 8th, the landline and broadband switched, but the sims did not. However, the sims now had no data allowance. One of the sims did have data, but this was from a previously cancelled data add on.
    I waited 1 hour plus to get through on the phone and complain. I was told to give the system until Monday to' catch up'
    On Monday nothing had changed. Another hour waiting on the phone. I was the advised that the order had stalled half way through processing. (Apparently it happens sometimes) They would re-process the order, but it may take up to 48 hours.
    On Wednesday, still no change. Another hour waiting on the phone. Transferred to mobile tech. They said it was a sales problem, and managed to cut me off while transferring me back. Another hour in the queue. The sales person said the order was in progress and could take another 24 hours.
    On Thursday, still no change. Still no data on the sims. Still got a cancelled data add on. Another hour in the phone queue. Now told, after more holding on while they checked, that the action taken on Monday could take 5 days. Beginning to get annoyed now. All the while, my cooling off period is ticking down.
    Today, Friday, it still has not been sorted. The five days are up and, frankly, I don't believe half of what I am being told.
    Add to all this: If I text data to 50104 on the phones, one tells me to buy more data, and the other tells me I have used 14.88GB today, and they will let me know when I go outside my 50mb allowance!!!????
    And: before anyone tells me I need not hang on the phone so long because I could use Live Chat - First the data add on I have was cancelled on Live Chat in January??? and secondly, while looking around for a deal, I tried Live Chat and was quoted 50 euro a month more than on the telephone.
    As I said in the title of the post, When Will I Learn?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

The offer price might have been 'SO' much better but the customer service is so appalling at the moment that any financial benefit would be min compared with less stress & hassle elsewhere.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kali291

BronsonTB wrote: »
    The offer price might have been 'SO' much better but the customer service is so appalling at the moment that any financial benefit would be min compared with less stress & hassle elsewhere.
    Coming round to thinking along same lines. If it's not sorted by the end of the cooling off period, reckon I'm going elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

kali291 wrote: »
    In August 2017 I updated my bundle (landline, e-fibre and 2 sim only deals). The Eir team made a complete mess of the bundle and the pricing, and it took almost 4 months to sort out that fiasco.
    That contract ended this month, so I shopped around. Problem was, the Eir offer was SO much better than anyone else, that I decided that lightning couldn't strike twice. 
    What a disillusioned idiot I turned out to be.
    On Thursday 7th February, my bundle was switched. I was told to allow 24 hours for it to become operational.
    On Friday 8th, the landline and broadband switched, but the sims did not. However, the sims now had no data allowance. One of the sims did have data, but this was from a previously cancelled data add on.
    I waited 1 hour plus to get through on the phone and complain. I was told to give the system until Monday to' catch up'
    On Monday nothing had changed. Another hour waiting on the phone. I was the advised that the order had stalled half way through processing. (Apparently it happens sometimes) They would re-process the order, but it may take up to 48 hours.
    On Wednesday, still no change. Another hour waiting on the phone. Transferred to mobile tech. They said it was a sales problem, and managed to cut me off while transferring me back. Another hour in the queue. The sales person said the order was in progress and could take another 24 hours.
    On Thursday, still no change. Still no data on the sims. Still got a cancelled data add on. Another hour in the phone queue. Now told, after more holding on while they checked, that the action taken on Monday could take 5 days. Beginning to get annoyed now. All the while, my cooling off period is ticking down.
    Today, Friday, it still has not been sorted. The five days are up and, frankly, I don't believe half of what I am being told.
    Add to all this: If I text data to 50104 on the phones, one tells me to buy more data, and the other tells me I have used 14.88GB today, and they will let me know when I go outside my 50mb allowance!!!????
    And: before anyone tells me I need not hang on the phone so long because I could use Live Chat - First the data add on I have was cancelled on Live Chat in January??? and secondly, while looking around for a deal, I tried Live Chat and was quoted 50 euro a month more than on the telephone.
    As I said in the title of the post, When Will I Learn?
    Hi kali291

I have replied to your pm.

~Thanks Linzi

Advertisement