Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove development right beside water treatment plant. Buy for the proximi

Options
  • 15-02-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

ATTENTION SKERRIES RESIDENTS: Can you weigh in on the following topic for me.

I recently seen a new development phase of Barnageeragh Cove is to be released in the next couple of months. I was excited as I am looking to live in a seaside town in County Dublin. I am very fond of Skerries, the houses are Ber A rated, and it is 20 mins walk from the dart station. Which will bring both my husband and I to our jobs within an hours commute.

I visited the proposed site yesterday to find that the site is literally across the road from the front gate of Skerries water treatment plant on 1 Kelly's Bay Parade, Ardla. There's the catch. The development is right beside water treatment plant.

There was no great odor when I walked there from the dart station, I am here seeking any 'local knowledge' of living in this area of Skerries.

I did speak to a resident of Barnageeragh Cove whom I met on my walkabout on the topic. He said that there is a bit of a smell on a Saturday morning and that is it really. He moved there from the city centre and that Skerries is a wonderful place to live and start a family. That I should not be put off by the treatment plant.

Prices are skyrocketing in the general commuter belt of Dublin and will continue to do so. Whilst I am looking at other new developments in nearby seaside towns, none are within as easy a walk to a dart station and have as many amenities nearby.
    I do need to decide in the next two weeks to move on this or not.

Can any local residents who live in close proximity to this site tell me if I should be put off buying in this development?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fingallians GAA in Swords is situated close to a water treatment plant and depending what way the wind is blowing, it can create quite a stench especially in the summer, if the one in Skerries is as bad then I would definitely think twice about buying next door.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

If it's bugging you that much, look around a bit more.
    Rush/Loughshinny are equally nice, with Skerries on their doorstep.Skerries is quite pricey, by the way, when you look around.
    And there are other parts to Skerries - does it have to be Barnageerah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CollyKeo

shesty wrote: »
    If it's bugging you that much, look around a bit more.
    Rush/Loughshinny are equally nice, with Skerries on their doorstep.Skerries is quite pricey, by the way, when you look around.
    And there are other parts to Skerries - does it have to be Barnageerah?

I am looking elsewhere for new properties too, just looking for information on this specific area. I am a first time buyer, looking for a new property. Barnageeragh Cove is new and within my price range.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Fingallians GAA in Swords is situated close to a water treatment plant and depending what way the wind is blowing, it can create quite a stench especially in the summer, if the one in Skerries is as bad then I would definitely think twice about buying next door.

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CollyKeo wrote: »
    ...., the houses are Ber A rated, and it is 20 mins walk from the dart station. Which will bring both my husband and I to our jobs within an hours commute.....
    Yourself and your husband must be seriously fast if you can walk to Malahide in 20 minutes!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! :))

On a serious note, I live in the Balbriggan Street area of Skerries and have never noticed any sewage odours.

• Advertisement

Yourself and your husband must be seriously fast if you can walk to Malahide in 20 minutes!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! :))

On a serious note, I live in the Balbriggan Street area of Skerries and have never noticed any sewage odours.

Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I live up the hill behind the treatment plant & never get any smell.

To be honest, there can be odours over that part of the town, but it is from woar (seaweed) rotting on Barnageeragh beach. Doesn't happen often though.

Advertisement