Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand van

• 15-02-2019 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

In the market for a small second van. It's only used to get someone in and out of work and wont be carrying tools or equipment so the smaller the better.
    Budget of about 5k incl VAT and finding it very hard to know where to try. Based 10 mins out from the Red Cow on the N7.
    Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

argentum wrote: »
    In the market for a small second van. It's only used to get someone in and out of work and wont be carrying tools or equipment so the smaller the better.
    Budget of about 5k incl VAT and finding it very hard to know where to try. Based 10 mins out from the Red Cow on the N7.
    Anyone?

How far and what sorta driving is in and out to work?

A lot of the newer vans have just as much emissions stuff as cars so they need longer spins just tipping about doesn't really suit them.

Also what's the insurance side of things like? Have they a full commercial ncb? If they have older vans could be a better shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭argentum

It's only driving about 60 kms a day and I have my own company with full insurance on a van so no problem there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I'd be thinking a nice clean car derived van would suit best. Corolla/Golf etc.

This looks clean and pretty genuine

https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/toyota-corolla-van/21042950

If you're planning on buying newer and using the full budget you would get a 2012 van. Its a bit of a minefield though. A 1.4 auris/Hyundai i30 or Fiesta could be a good shout either.

Also what's the insurance side of things like? Have they a full commercial ncb? If they have older vans could be a better shout.

Just to comment on this incase someone is reading it and wondering , a private car ncb can be used in a commercial so no need to worry about having a full commercial ncb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A Renault 1.5 DCI .... In nissan also. Quite economic

• Advertisement
Advertisement