Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Patrice is old school when nurses were nurses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Can Joe be considered a radio-ographer

A radio-fee-grabber.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Drat!........he doesn't remember his birth?

Were all these nurses descendants of Mrs Gamp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

I'm done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    A radio-fee-grabber.

Dere's not too many of dem to the dozen sotospeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this is pure ****e ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

What's the point of all this public navel gazing? Childbirth has always been dodgy down through history, it's got a lot safer in recent decades but the State can't eliminate all risk.

Hope we're not going down the road of suing the public provision of maternity services for routine ups and downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

Nearly 30 years ago..now we're suckin diesil..misery ahoy

Joe is rolling in the misery this week. God almighty.

Goodbye, I'm out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Moncrieff doing a piece on "The Man Who Wanted To Fly" now.

A nice feel good bit of radio on the way.

Come on over folks.

Took his DJ off and got stuck in.
    Just like something out of Who'd Be A Vet?

Had enough of this.
    There's some paint needs watching as it dries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

This mother and son are going on about something that happened thirty years ago.

What is the point of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

My husband is a vet Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Is her husband a vet?

It’s just that I can’t be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

WTF !!! This is f'n dire !!! Jowl the Ghoul lovin de gory details , I'm out . !

Poor Johann !! He';s banjaxed altogether !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Droopy eyelid and a horner symbol😀

• Advertisement

Ah , here's Johann ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

tretorn wrote: »
    This mother and son are going on about something that happened thirty years ago.

What is the point of this.

Suppose that the same incompetence still exists in the HSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was listening to Moncrieff interview the fella from Cavan who is the focus of that new documentary film, The Man Who Wanted to Fly.

He called Moncrieff "Joe" a few times.

He obviously thought he was on the Liveline.

Horrific story to be honest. Sheer lack of understanding of patients or any manners is seriously worrying from these stories.

What ever management problems doctors or nurses have with the HSE it shouldn't be replicated on the patient FFS. No excuse for it. Understaffing or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Sales of condoms will shoot up after this show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

TallGlass wrote: »
    Horrific story to be honest. Sheer lack of understanding of patients or any manners is seriously worrying from these stories.

What ever management problems doctors or nurses have with the HSE it shouldn't be replicated on the patient FFS. No excuse for it. Understaffing or not.

With childbirth once you leave the hospital with a live baby you're encouraged to stfu and not complain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

19 + 78

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Sales of condoms will shoot up after this show

Pity it wasn't up before some of these got pregnant

eviltwin wrote: »
    With childbirth once you leave the hospital with a live baby you're encouraged to stfu and not complain

Well, whats the alternative.

Ring Joe thirty years later and bore the pants off the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Well, whats the alternative.

Ring Joe thirty years later and bore the pants off the rest of us.

Turn it off?

Anyone who experiences substandard care should report it. How else does the system develop and grow?

Joe is snoozing now.

His next job will be a counsellor, e will listen to people like this all day and get paid for it.

Time for another ad break now.

God bless as a farewell will be banned on Radio soon.

Where in the world is there a maternity system where there are no adverse outcomes.

I havent noted that many of these women followed up the complaints with the relevant officials.

God, its endless, easy radio for Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

Joe is snoozing now.

His next job will be a counsellor, e will listen to people like this all day and get paid for it.

Time for another ad break now.

God bless as a farewell will be banned on Radio soon.
    Praise be Allah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Joe is snoozing now.

Another day, another dollar (or two) for Duffy. What's not to like :)

Blood thinners? I don’t think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

This story won't be ending.

Child birth is painful, how could it not be when you think of the size of the babys head.

I dont know what some of these women expected, women have given birth for hundreds of years.

This is appalling stuff.

She will go on till 3 PM, Is there another ad break due soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

This poor lady said at the start of the call she didn't have pain relief,thank God.

What's wrong with asking for pain relief when it's there?

eviltwin wrote: »
    Turn it off?

Anyone who experiences substandard care should report it. How else does the system develop and grow?

Don't want to blame the patient here but seriously. Some of them are making excuses for there behaviour, with understaffing or too much work. I have been hospitalised myself. You need an iron fist with some of the staff. If I learnt anything it is make your voice heard and if your not happy keep on complaining to anyone and everyone until someone listens.

However in saying this. I think going the national airwaves about it three days in a row is a bit OTT. Should be moving on.

I wish she would use a tissue, people sniffling gets on my every last nerve.

Joe is returning to this tomorrow, wtf.

He really needs to get one of the Masters of the bigger maternity hospitals on.

What about Peter Boylan or Rhona Mahoney, I know they are ex masters but their faces were never out of the news in the abortion referendum, maybe they might have some insight into patient outcomes.

Versatis!

EU ormond has a lot to answer for

• Advertisement

,Her poor family, imagine having to live with someone like this.

I wish she would use a tissue, people sniffling gets on my every last nerve.

Tretorn I wouldn’t exactly fancy living with someone with such a harsh attitude, I hope somebody is compassionate with you when you are vulnerable.

Im not very compassionate myself, I am more of a get on with it type of person so no I dont indulge feeling sorry for oneself.

Or it could just be that three days of this has worn me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Who's de bad guy in dis story?

The maternity hospital staff but I think the problem is there arent enough of them.

I think also this generation are wrapped in bubble wrap and addicted to counselling and psychotherapy and paying someone to listen to their problems.

You note from each one of them that the story is long winded and word perfect, they have told and retold it so many times, they have become obsessed with how hard they have had it. Its all first world really, you arent entitled to anything really when you go to a hospital but people think a certain level of customer service is required. It all depends on who is on the shift, some will be warm and compassionate and some are cold and efficient, some will kill you with kindness but are just totally inept, the battleaxe wont care about interpersonal skills but she knows her job.

Anyway as long as you and baby come through childcare safely then thats all that matters, better to leave the bad memories behind and just be grateful for what you have.

withless wrote: »
    Who's de bad guy in dis story?

No bad guys here. The nearest I’ve got to birthing is watching my dog give birth (and that was traumatic asvit didn’t go entirely well) but I imagine for a woman, and her partner and family, it has the potential for equal joy and distress, depending how things pan out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The maternity hospital staff but I think the problem is there arent enough of them.

I think also this generation are wrapped in bubble wrap and addicted to counselling and psychotherapy and paying someone to listen to their problems.

You note from each one of them that the story is long winded and word perfect, they have told and retold it so many times, they have become obsessed with how hard they have had it. Its all first world really, you arent entitled to anything really when you go to a hospital but people think a certain level of customer service is required. It all depends on who is on the shift, some will be warm and compassionate and some are cold and efficient, some will kill you with kindness but are just totally inept, the battleaxe wont care about interpersonal skills but she knows her job.

Anyway as long as you and baby come through childcare safely then thats all that matters, better to leave the bad memories behind and just be grateful for what you have.

Losing a baby, whether it be a miscarriage or after they are born isn't a bad memory and you just can't walk away from it.

yop wrote: »
    Losing a baby, whether it be a miscarriage or after they are born isn't a bad memory and you just can't walk away from it.

Well, you have to process it and deal with it in whatever way you can and ringing Joe Duffy three decades later isnt going to help you.

Not when Joe has had two days of this already and plans a few more days misery.

This isnt good Radio, there needs to be a balance and he needs a senior official in the HSE or in a maternity hospital to come on.

The vast vast majority of women give birth in hospitals and if the last three days of listening are representative of Irish maternity care then we would be languishing at the bottom of the list for safe maternity care. We have as far as I know one of the best maternity systems in the world and most midwives do at least four years training so its not like huge state resources arent going into the midwifery trainees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

NEVER GO ON LIVELINE

as dey say in de PR business.

He needs to find a fall guy but there isn't really one person to aim for and I think he knows it, thats why hes so despondent despite endless tragedy. Maybe someone from HIQA might get pushed out to take a bullet for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Plenty of his FF friends were minister for health back then.

• Advertisement

Someone from the HSE needs to make a statement or at least ask for details of these complaints to be forwarded to the appropriate department so they can be investigated.

Imagine if you were pregnant for the first time and you turned on liveline by mistake. You would be left with the impression that you would be risking life and limb attending Irish maternity hospitals and this is really unfair for all those highly dedicated trained medics who take on the responsibility of delivering newborns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement