Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Comments

tretorn wrote: »
    Someone from the HSE needs to make a statement or at least ask for details of these complaints to be forwarded to the appropriate department so they can be investigated.

Imagine if you were pregnant for the first time and you turned on liveline by mistake. You would be left with the impression that you would be risking life and limb attending Irish maternity hospitals and this is really unfair for all those highly dedicated trained medics who take on the responsibility of delivering newborns.

As regards scaring women currently pregnant I totally agree with you. But I do think that on this rare enough occasion Duffy is handling the women’s stories with apparent compassion, and that they are getting some comfort from it as would some women who have had similar experiences but would never in a million years phone a radio show about it. My late mother lost a baby, possibly due to medical neglect (a doctor failed to attend) in 1958, she was told by many just smile and getbover it-it was the way it was handled that caused her endless pain throughout her life. A little measure of kindness validates your sadness/suffering, from whatever cause, and makes for long term acceptance and peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

"could I have a peek"

at your dead baby in the box

what the hell

I winced at that alright but it could have been meant well. Because so many people don't acknowledge a dead child sometimes it's nice that they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

In fairness, there have been a good few cases of bad maternal care in certain hospitals here over the past few years. Many such incidents led to the deaths of mothers or babies, or both. Savita is one of them, but she is not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

They are very rare though and sometimes things just go very badly unexpectedly wrong.

Its not fair of Joe to have, is it three shows now devoted to negative experiences and someone in the HSE must have been alerted by now to these womens experiences. Joe intends to return to this subject today so its time now for someone responsible for maternal care in Ireland to make a statement. if they dont the last three days of Liveline have been pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

tretorn wrote: »
    They are very rare though and sometimes things just go very badly unexpectedly wrong.

Its not fair of Joe to have, is it three shows now devoted to negative experiences and someone in the HSE must have been alerted by now to these womens experiences. Joe intends to return to this subject today so its time now for someone responsible for maternal care in Ireland to make a statement. if they dont the last three days of Liveline have been pointless.

The constant refrain that we hear from the mainstream media about the health services in Ireland is that "the doctors and nurses are wonderful, it's those pesky pen-pushers that are causing all the problems". This attitude leads to the medical staff believing that they can do what they like and they cannot be criticised or sanctioned.
    Maybe it's time we heard more of the truth, although Liveline is probably not the best forum for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

More of the same today.
    "The Lahav Loyne is open now."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    More of the same today.
    "The Lahav Loyne is open now."

Really looking forward to the many humorous contributions from posters to this thread.

One thing Joe needs to do, for the sake of currently pregnant women, is to keep emphasizing that they can expect safe care for themselves and their baby, and that one of the main purposes of airing past negative experiences is to keep pushing up the expectations of excellent standards of maternity and medical care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

One thing Joe needs to do, for the sake of currently pregnant women, is to keep emphasizing that they can expect safe care for themselves and their baby, and that one of the main purposes of airing past negative experiences is to keep pushing up the expectations of excellent standards of maternity and medical care.

Funny Friday is not for a few more weeks.

An ad for fertility clinic?..........very opportune?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,909 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Consultant gone walkabout

DId they try ringing the golf club ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ah Jaysus, not more of this - could it not just be left for cafe chats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Cant take any more of this.

Its Friday.

The sun is shining.

Going for Spotify then movies and booze.

I couldn't stand another day of this.
    I'm gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

We need a couple of wimmin from the 'shave and enema' era. There's plenty of them out there and they have some great tales of the 'labour ward' 'the labour table' and the universal 'the nurses put breast milk in the junior doctor's tea'

Their husbands aversion to stitches and stubble is another tale from many a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

More gearbox problems !

I can see Ciara Kelly's figures going through the roof.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I couldn't stand another day of this.
    I'm gone.

Hang on..hang on. I'm with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

How many times has she told this story ? It’s kike she’s reeling off a script .

sligojoek wrote: »
    I can see Ciara Kelly's figures going through the roof.

Hope she's on them !

• Advertisement

Near death, Joe's ears prick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Blocks to this.
    I'm off down the workshop.
    The workshop rajo will be playing something else.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Yeah

Yeah

Well done

Yeah

She's no money,couldn't pay her mortgage...but she's having babies ?

Next week , joe will devote the show to the spiraling cost of insurance due to claims .

The solicitor was very interested in the story. I'm shocked.

Melonie...nuff said

How much did you get ...hurry up

"..... the high court"

Joe; My God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

did not get to listen this week, has it been this bleak all week ?

Would a court full of women be acceptable ?

It wasn’t a criminal trial joe , it was a negligence claim ffs

2smiggy wrote: »
    did not get to listen this week, has it been this bleak all week ?

Yes !

Hush hush

Her droning moaning voice would put you in bad form fort the weekend ... I’m out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Dramatic pause....

Joe on the floor !. Hes as fake as a €2 note

Oops69 wrote: »
    Her droning moaning voice would put you in bad form fort the weekend ... I’m out

Here.....hold the door for me !

Not surprised your relationship broke up. Your a moaning ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

What should she have said "You are bit on the big side"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Doctors are better off being blunt, had experience this week with my dad, a lot easier if the doctors gives his honest thoughts on the situation , and not sugar coating things

:):)

It is public knowledge that many cases were taken against obgyn consultant G Rafferty, who practiced in Mount Carmel. He was sanctioned by the Medical Council. Some of these ladies are likely to have been his victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

This is woeful radio.

I have huge sympathy for all these women but a week of this same topic is just ott.

Nobody has as morbid a fascination with death as Joe Duffy.

He's the only one enjoying this ghoulish weeklong discussion of death,pain and misery.

Digging for tears. This should be stopped NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

What should she have said "You are bit on the big side"

....or your not shy at the table are you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is there any education on appropriate bedside manner in medical training? Putting the body of a deceased child into a sports bag in front of his mother, who would ever think that's appropriate?

Uncharted wrote: »
    This is woeful radio.

Absolutely. But today's show is still getting more comments on here than funny friday! :o

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is there any education on appropriate bedside manner in medical training? Putting the body of a deceased child into a sports bag in front of his mother, who would ever think that's appropriate?

Agreed ,absolutely shocking.

eviltwin wrote: »

Here’s the opportunity for somebody to design a respectful receptacle for such an occasion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement