Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Simon Harris. Resign

You can’t compare effin Versatis patches to these sorrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Here’s the opportunity for somebody to design a respectful receptacle for such an occasion.

You just wrap the child in a blanket as you would a living child. There seems to be a real disconnect in the Irish maternity system when it comes to tragic cases. Kindness and sensitivity cost nothing and can mean the world to a grieving family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

God bless Lee;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

And was she actually obese and did this contribute to the issues?

Or do the actual facts matter not matter when Joe wants to be the driving force behind blaming and maligning?

Simon Harris. Resign

Is that a joke. That led has a neck like a jockeys bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I've just ripped up my donor card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Here’s the opportunity for somebody to design a respectful receptacle for such an occasion.

There is a charity which provides a refrigerated unit to parents in this situation

edit- its called a Cuddle Cot

a family member was put on to them in the Rotunda by the grief person that deals with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Simon Harris. Resign

Harris was still in school when a lot of this happened.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Harris was still in school when a lot of this happened.

Was still in his daddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

thankfully movies and booze is close to starting on Moncreiff , not great friday afternoon listening !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    thankfully movies and booze is close to starting on Moncreiff , not great friday afternoon listening !!

I'm waiting too. Can't stand Kelly

I remember the vet giving oxytocin to the dog.... sudden screams from her that woke the neighbours...then the puppies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'm waiting too. Can't stand Kelly

she finishes at 2, you're safe enough :pac:

Annnd I'm out.

Have a good weekend, whoever's left. Drink sensibly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

On drugs Joe.

Christ , his obsession with pain is worrying. Imagine the search history on his laptop !!

why going back to stories from 16 years ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

why going back to stories from 16 years ago ?

Thats a short time frame by LL standards!!

I can well believe her about what the nurse said, after my recent failed knee replacement a nurse barked at me “I sense anger from you, I think you are an aggressive patient”. That was after I politely asked was the amount of swelling I had normal. As it turned out the surgery was a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

You where so fat..

That's ****ing lovely from a 'professional'.

I can well believe her about what the nurse said, after my recent failed knee replacement a nurse barked at me “I sense anger from you, I think you are an aggressive patient”. That was after I politely asked was the amount of swelling I had normal. As it turned out the surgery was a disaster.

sorry to hear !!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

Christ , his obsession with pain is worrying. Imagine the search history on his laptop !!
    Incognito is his friend

Love this. How do they think your going to look after an operation that's invasive. On top of the world or something? Of course your going to look like you've a slapped arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Did these people log formal complaints and take names of staff? If not, why not? They're clearly upset and offended by what was said to them, but it means nothing if it hasn't been logged anywhere other than the radio waves...

I wish a nurse or doctor would come on and say something positive to help reassure mothers to be.

Did these people log formal complaints and take names of staff? If not, why not? They're clearly upset and offended by what was said to them, but it means nothing if it hasn't been logged anywhere other than the radio waves...

I'd say you'd be in shock. Plus it's a case of your word against there word, is it not?

Personally. I be complaining and if I heard something like that in my presence I would be having a word with who ever is in charge.

I was in hospital myself, I found the nurses alright. Some of the doctors and regs where a bit pissy the odd time, never anything insulting ever said to me however.

This is the term for a “pregnancy” of a growing tumour in the uterus rather than a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

if I take one thing from this week it'll be to ask for a second opinion when it comes to anything medical

Why did they perform a hysterectomy???

• Advertisement

if I take one thing from this week it'll be to ask for a second opinion when it comes to anything medical

Yes yes yes. Believe me, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

jaysus he's hit the mother-lode here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This one will be the top of it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be in shock. Plus it's a case of your word against there word, is it not?

Personally. I be complaining and if I heard something like that in my presence I would be having a word with who ever is in charge.

I was in hospital myself, I found the nurses alright. Some of the doctors and regs where a bit pissy the odd time, never anything insulting ever said to me however.

Re having s word with “someone in charge”, a relative asked same in the private hospital where I was and was told “nobody is in charge, each nurse is an autonomous professional”.

Re having s word with “someone in charge”, a relative asked same in the private hospital where I was and was told “nobody is in charge, each nurse is an autonomous professional”.

There is a nurse who is a manager on the ward, where I was anyway. Failing that I would be telling the nurse not to speak like that to someone. They can kick me out if they want. I wouldn't stand there and listen to someone who is sick, taking insults like that for someone in charge of there care.

More on Monday ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

More on Monday ☹️

:( Im out already....

Maybe he could become a waiter when he grows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I couldn’t stick another week of this!

• Advertisement

Stop stitching me......Joe, they left me open!

The producers keep swapping roles it seems.

Well that has all been very depressing. I guess Darcy will have another helping on if, probably Tubridy too on LLS, just to cheer is all up for weekend. Now where’s my packet of Valium-Versatis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Well that has all been very depressing. I guess Darcy will have another helping on if, probably Tubridy too on LLS, just to cheer is all up for weekend. Now where’s my packet of Valium-Versatis?

I miss the Versatis shows...I know they were about a serious subject, but they gave me a giggle. This week has made for depressing listening

honeybear wrote: »
    I couldn’t stick another week of this!

Lightweight :)

Honestly, what is the point of another week of making women who had a traumatic experience relive it? Why? What is Joe Duffy's purpose with proceeding with another week of this. I have yet to hear from someone with some authority come on the show and explain anything or how things will change?

I respect the people coming on the show to share there experiences, but it's serving no purpose other than scarring expectant mothers, keeping Duffy's stats in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Some callers going back to 1992 and before.

There must have been well over a million births since then.

He has struck a rich seam of misery and is delighted with it. It's handy radio for him and no effort required.

He'll surely get a second week out of it. We will see if he gets a rep from the maternity hospitals come on at some stage to reassure women who might be pregnant now.
    (at a minute to 3, for balance like :cool:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

deanna-troi-in-lift-on-star-trek-the-next-generation.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭cozar

TallGlass wrote: »
    Honestly, what is the point of another week of making women who had a traumatic experience relive it? Why? What is Joe Duffy's purpose with proceeding with another week of this. I have yet to hear from someone with some authority come on the show and explain anything or how things will change?

I respect the people coming on the show to share there experiences, but it's serving no purpose other than scarring expectant mothers, keeping Duffy's stats in order.
    Its joe’s versatis part 2. He got a full week out of it and it probably will continue next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭cozar

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Some callers going back to 1992 and before.

There must have been well over a million births since then.
    A million? Will have to look up the stats on that statement!, maybe?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement