Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

1202203204205206208»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Joe gona be at his stinking best with this.

+Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Time was that lads like James would be kept in a psychiatric hospital for his own, and everyone else's safety. Those days may be gone but the problem isn't.
    This woman and her husband are in danger.

A history of injury in the house.

I think it's very sad....
    But the truth is. This lad doesn't really have anything to add to society. No. Matter why his poor mum might think.

• Advertisement

So she won’t let him be sedated even though he’s dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

*de guards are very busy*

Duffy gave more time and offered more help to two nutters over a dog than he gave to that poor woman.

If he wants to get his tools back, he should go to the market in Balbriggan !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Not enough Garda, and the gurriers know it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Sick of the deference to the Gardaí.

Name and shame the station.

She already said her husband was self employed. Hidden Hearing Joe >>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Not enough Garda, and the gurriers know it.

They could just run the plates, looks like it's time to privatise law enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

T word................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it's their culture thou, and if people continue to buy these cheap tools it's not doing any one any good in the long run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭mountain

Joe goes seamlessly from a troublesome son to tools being stolen.

Bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Your life circumstances.

He's such a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Wonder how she'll run the business now though? If she got the carer's allowance.

Hamilcar wrote: »
    He's such a tool

But no danger of him being stolen.;)

• Advertisement

She sounds very entitled. I think she's just lashing out at anything because of her 'misfortune '?

What's your baby's name?

She said it was Robyn a thousand times.

A sophisticated scam.

I clicked on it Joe.

SCAM
    Guy going around pretending he's a broadcaster?

Revenue refund :):)

Were the bank any help to you?

If they were, Joe, he wouldn't be ringing you.

sligojoek wrote: »
    A sophisticated scam.

Not a sophisticated scam, just A stupid eejit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

very wealthy stoodent

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Dog lovers but hated each other

Does he listen to anything. The deal was she would ask the dogs new owner to return it !!!. Some idiot

These public screening tests have to be in some doubt, following that High Court case. Wonder will Ray hold up his hand?

til the next time whineliners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

What I've learnt on Liveline since yesterday:

There are 268 hours in a week - nearly 40 hours a day!

Robust is the new violent. In the same way as drug addicted is unwell.

82 year olds have plenty of holidays and life ahead but 70 year olds are not getting any younger.

A person who is at home with her daughter wouldn't have a chance to open the door

The Council will provide me with accommodation if I have 5 dogs and 2 cats but not 6 dogs and 2 cats

Sure there was more but I feel much more educated for now!

mountain wrote: »
    Joe goes seamlessly from a troublesome son to tools being stolen.

Bizarre

Not bizarre at all, in Duffy's mind that's a well honed skill that nobody else in the kuntry possesses. ;)

• Advertisement

Maybe we can replace LL with aul ones humming along to various tunes? "One day at a time" is stuck in my head Joe.

withless wrote: »
    Maybe we can replace LL with aul ones humming along to various tunes? "One day at a time" is stuck in my head Joe.

Maybe the song could be renamed 'One day at a whine' and use it as the theme tune for Lavelahn, (or maybe the title of the next version of this thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ah lads, ye have no heart. I just listened back to Liveline today and that woman's story was brilliant. She's 82 and as sharp as a tack and found her mother, went to visit and has a great cheerful outlook on life.

If you saw some of the old people I work with you'd really admire someone like this woman.

I admit I teared up. :D

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ah lads, ye have no heart. I just listened back to Liveline today and that woman's story was brilliant. She's 82 and as sharp as a tack and found her mother, went to visit and has a great cheerful outlook on life.

If you saw some of the old people I work with you'd really admire someone like this woman.

I admit I teared up. :D

Wasnt the aul one discovering her mammy at all,I enjoyed the story. It was Duffy's faux bollixology and blowing smoke up her Khyber. That was at most a 10 minute story,he dragged almost 30 minutes out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

It was Duffy's faux bollixology and blowing smoke up her Khyber. That was at most a 10 minute story,he dragged almost 30 minutes out of it.

And this is the problem with the show on an almost daily basis.
    Duffy and his producers (if they have a say at all) just don't know when to stop.

He almost always takes too much out of a half decent topic e.g 'ethnic group' doing auld wans' gutters, inshurdance problems after an accident. He absolutely kills the stories stone dead by asking the same questions again and again (coz he doesn't listen), letting the same callers on too often saying the same things over and over again.

The show could really do with with an iron fisted series producer who wouldn't put up with Joe Duffy's nonsense. Apparently, he is known for the odd queenie fit and tries to direct things from the presenter's chair.

Poor auld Aonghus does his best, I'm sure, but is little more than a facilitator to keep the show on the road - a role he has become known for after dealing smoothly with Derek Mooney, who it is said also has a name for being extremely difficult with colleagues in the Radio Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

I saw a picture of that lady with her new found mother from yesterdays show ..it was in the journal or something..wouldnt it be some craic if it was all a hoax to extract a few bob from the papers for use of the picture ..sure who would know the difference :)

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Maybe the song could be renamed 'One day at a whine' and use it as the theme tune for Lavelahn, (or maybe the title of the next version of this thread).
    Nice one.

Closing this thread now, as we're beyond 10,000 posts, and we'll start again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement