Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Comments

Here's someone who's not hunting for local votes and knows the harsh truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A death to end the show and Joe is in heaven - lights dim all over Donnybrook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Whoy doesn’t someone set up an App, loike AirBnB, where a learner droiver can be matched with experienced drivers who are registered on their system, should be simple enough for learner who doesn’t have a mammy etc goacckmoany thdm to build up experience quickly. The fully licensed driver could earn a little money doing it. As a retired person I would be only too glad to earn a little easy money sitting in a car for a few hours each week, could be interesting and at this stage I know the pitfalls a less experienced driver might succumb to and give the odd bit of guidance. The licensed drivers would have to declare x number of years of accident-free driving, and other rules applying. My free business idea for somebody to take up!

That crowd up in Ballyer would after you for attempting to 'groom' the young wans?

Whoy doesn’t someone set up an App, loike AirBnB, where a learner droiver can be matched with experienced drivers who are registered on their system, should be simple enough for learner who doesn’t have a mammy etc to accompany them to build up experience quickly. The fully licensed driver could earn a little money doing it. As a retired person I would be only too glad to earn a little easy money sitting in a car for a few hours each week, could be interesting and at this stage I know the pitfalls a less experienced driver might succumb to and give the odd bit of guidance. The licensed drivers would have to declare x number of years of accident-free driving, and other rules applying. My free business idea for somebody to take up!
    or even a proper Uber service for rural Ireland?

The taxi and hackney drivers are dead against it, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'd believe it

Got an 18 yo first ins in his own name for €880.fully comp. Granted he had just passed his test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

OFQI8yr.png

Joe in extra time for the grief hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Whoy doesn’t someone set up an App, loike AirBnB, where a learner droiver can be matched with experienced drivers who are registered on their system, should be simple enough for learner who doesn’t have a mammy etc to accompany them to build up experience quickly. The fully licensed driver could earn a little money doing it. As a retired person I would be only too glad to earn a little easy money sitting in a car for a few hours each week, could be interesting and at this stage I know the pitfalls a less experienced driver might succumb to and give the odd bit of guidance. The licensed drivers would have to declare x number of years of accident-free driving, and other rules applying. My free business idea for somebody to take up!

Man mid- 40s available to help girls 18-20 gain experience so to speak, good rates available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

Kathryn Thomas up next

I'm out

Kathryn Thomas up next

I'm out

Here....wait for meeeeeeee !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Kathryn Thomas up next

I'm out

In fairness, it has been at least 6 weeks since Ray last had a week off.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    That crowd up in Ballyer would after you for attempting to 'groom' the young wans?

Garda vetting would have to apply for the qualified drivers, the learner drivers would have to show evidence they are fully insured to drive the car. The set-up would by nature have to be a bit cumbersome enough for drivers and learners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Kathryn Thomas up next

I'm out

As a first time maaaaawwwwm I feel.....

Kathryn on about baby vomiting all night...yugh

sligojoek wrote: »
    As a first time maaaaawwwwm I feel.....

That didn't take long.

Kathryn on about baby vomiting all night...yugh[/quote

Massive baby bore and can't stand her rough voice..

Ray obviously fecked off this week for.midterm.

I'm out too

Garda vetting would have to apply for the qualified drivers, the learner drivers would have to show evidence they are fully insured to drive the car. The set-up would by nature have to be a bit cumbersome enough for drivers and learners.
    Would Garda vetting be required? 17-year-old are not children, in a strict legal sense that the age of consent is the same as the age of eligibility for a learner driver's permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BANNED FOR LIFE

Doesn't apply to you with your Mid-Atlantic D4 accent caller - we heard you on Ciara Kelly...whoops on de Ciara Kelly Show. When you go home to Tipp I bet all de locals say "don't do accent". ;):D:pac:
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Seconded.

Jury is out on you caller - like Jim Larkin, we haven't heard (a recording of) your voyis yet.
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    If I substitute Cark for Tipp, can I get a reprieve?

Kerry gets my 1st vote. And Cavan/Monaghan/Dundalk/Draw-da hi are de runner ups so to speak.

Man mid- 40s available to help girls 18-20 gain experience so to speak, good rates available

I'm willing to help more than just those aged 18-20, but I can tell you I'll be swiping left a lot. And they'll have to pay by length....of the drive of course.

Would Garda vetting be required? 17-year-old are not children, in a strict legal sense that the age of consent is the same as the age of eligibility for a learner driver's permit.

I suppose just to determine you generally don’t have s criminal record and are a safe enough stranger to trust sitting beside you in your car, but for that matter indeed the learner driver behind the wheel could have a criminal record and be even more of a danger.

Anyone got a apt name for this app?

• Advertisement

As an older woman I’d be delira to take a hot young guy for experience in his motor, and for a bit of payment an all. Repeated hill starts in de Doobalin Mountains, and over de summit how to control it downhill without letting de brakes get too hot. Phewwwww!

I suppose just to determine you generally don’t have s criminal record and are a safe enough stranger to trust sitting beside you in your car, but for that matter indeed the learner driver behind the wheel could have a criminal record and be even more of a danger.

Some thought-starters so to speak:
    Stick-SHIFT
    I'll watch you ride.....into town
    That's not the handbrake
    Steamy windows

Not very catchy at all. Must try harder. I'm a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Inflatable Passenger Inc.

Locomotion Parentis.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

DriveMe

ie., de Learner drives Me, de experienced Licensed driver, to where I want to go and gets experience dat way.

FlyMe

In de private flying wurdled licensed private pilots will take every opportunity to build up hours where the costs are covered by somebody else, eg flying for a parachute club. The tragic Sala air accident possibly involved a pilot illegally being paid to do what is a job only suited for a pilot with commercial license with night & instrument rating etc. If you have just about funded your way to a single engine Cessna private license and have ambition to get taken on by Ryanair etc it is essential to go to your potential job interview with a log book full of hours, and at €200-€300 per hour to hire an aircraft the temptation is there to avail of any free flying opportunities to add to your portfolio.

DriveOn. The App that keeps you on the Road as you await your test.

Simple, states learner driver can continue to drive.... to drive the old codger who doesn’t want to use own petrol etc, and wants lift somewhere, eg to hotspittle appointment. De learner then has to wait around until said codger is ready to go home again.

DriveOn. The App that keeps you on the Road as you await your test.

Simple, states learner driver can continue to drive.... to drive the old codger who doesn’t want to use own petrol etc, and wants lift somewhere, eg to hotspittle appointment. De learner then has to wait around until said codger is ready to go home again.

There has to be a reference to Riding in there, surely?

RideMeLikeYouStoleMe

WheresMyRide

Etc

Jesus I'm as bad as this pun business as Duffy is.

• Advertisement

RideMeSideways was another one.

I’m half serious and half tongue-in-cheek. Seriously, some techie with a business brain should start an app, whilst in de spirit of de Lahvlahn thread we name it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Does the person accompanying the learner have to be sober so to speak? If not it would be a handy way for the rural lads to have their few pints and for the learners to put in their driving hours.

I’m half serious and half tongue-in-cheek. Seriously, some techie with a business brain should start an app, whilst in de spirit of de Lahvlahn thread we name it.

I think it makes perfect sense.

Recent public discourse on rural Ireland has 'exposed' a lack of transport facilities for the elderly, and a lack of transport facilities for the youth.

It's just a question of putting 1 + 1 together; shouldn't be beyond the wit of some app-developer with a bit of initiative. It could easily be extended to car-pooling between rural commuters, a bit like the Go-Go-Car product that exists in France and other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Will they opt for the Orkambi yew k story or the Fibergade not so 'tender' story sotospeak tomorrow...decisions ! decisions !
    curioser wrote: »
    Miriam had Stardust people on today. Can't see JD letting this go unchallenged, it being one of his favourite crusades in the past. Expect to see Stardust at the top of tomorrow's show.

It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes they must be capable of driving themselves so to speak
    Does the person accompanying the learner have to be sober so to speak? If not it would be a handy way for the rural lads to have their few pints and for the learners to put in their driving hours.

As an older woman I’d be delira to take a hot young guy for experience in his motor, and for a bit of payment an all. Repeated hill starts in de Doobalin Mountains, and over de summit how to control it downhill without letting de brakes get too hot. Phewwwww!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hIYHjvxBdQ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A fordden friend of the show so to speak...

De law is not clear on dis. So yeah, de geezer with full license could go to de boozer, driven by de young lad/laddie gaining experience. A new law will have to be brought in to prosecute on dat so to speak.do de eejits ever think deze tings out when making de laws?

In light of the recent posts:

Drink 'n Ride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The fully-qualified passenger is the driver in charge, even if not at the wheel, so the law states he better be sober - as well as the other lad.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Yes he does. Heard more shíťé information being spouted today about the fully licensed driver being pissed getting driven home from the pub.
    The FL driver has to be capable to take over the driving if necessary. Judge Duffy missed this one also.

Yes he does. Heard more shíťé information being spouted today about the fully licensed driver being pissed getting driven home from the pub.
    The FL driver has to be capable to take over the driving if necessary. Judge Duffy missed this one also.

A-ha! Well spotted!

Then there are implications re inshurdance, (who can drove de car an dat) a murky puddle dat wud need clarifying by a phone call to de companies so to speak.

Then there are implications re inshurdance, (who can drove de car an dat) a murky puddle dat wud need clarifying by a phone call to de companies so to speak.

Who’ll be there ta answer De phone at 1:30am on a Friday night Joe, ha?

• Advertisement

Who’ll be there ta answer De phone at 1:30am on a Friday night Joe, ha?
    His email address famously never closes, and is accessible all over the wuurld!

How DOES he do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The show is getting very risque dese days.

Mebbee all dat show biz xpoeshurrre wih Brendan o Coddle n de panto n dat is tekkin Joe away frum his rooootz?

De stockpiling of medicines he’s advocating on de outtro , wit de Brexit coming up, could yield a birra Gold if a medic opposes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

It'll be all Largerfield all day.

High fashion and dat.

De stockpiling of medicines he’s advocating on de outtro , wit de Brexit coming up, could yield a birra Gold if a medic opposes him.
    Prof Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

withless wrote: »

High fashion and dat.

Did dey design de red waste coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

withless wrote: »

High fashion and dat.

Yep. "yew new de man so ye did" + "an wha sorta man wazeeeee" x 100

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats