Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Drives and Xbox One

Options
  • 15-02-2019 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

So just looking into picking up an external drive for my Xbox One.

With it, could I technically download a game on a second Xbox at work/friends house etc, transfer that download onto the drive and then put it on my home Xbox without any issue? Again all using my own Xbox account?

Secondly can the drive also hold other random data such as films, photos etc as well as game downloads like a regular drive?

Comments

1, yes I do similar to that all the time between xboxs here to save a second download. I need set up the home xboxes for game sharing but you'll not have to worry about that.

2, you can't store films on the same drive as the games or even partition it to try to do that, the xbox will format the drive itself and use what ever capacity the drive has.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

1, yes I do similar to that all the time between xboxs here to save a second download. I need set up the home xboxes for game sharing but you'll not have to worry about that.

2, you can't store films on the same drive as the games or even partition it to try to do that, the xbox will format the drive itself and use what ever capacity the drive has.

Ah not even being able to partition a drive is a deal breaker unfortunately. Id only need it occasionally for the Xbox. Would have loved an all purpose one. Cheers for the reply.

Advertisement