Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return an item with UPS

• 15-02-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to return a small electrical item and got prepaid labels for UPS. I tried to organise a collection online but no one has showed or contacted me. I rang UPS and they said the local depot (which is in Dublin, I'm in Donegal) would call me back. No one did. Anyone ever avail of this service? And it it nationwide?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Couriers forum

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

henke wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to return a small electrical item and got prepaid labels for UPS. I tried to organise a collection online but no one has showed or contacted me. I rang UPS and they said the local depot (which is in Dublin, I'm in Donegal) would call me back. No one did. Anyone ever avail of this service? And it it nationwide?

They are possibly only in your area on some days of the week. It will be collected, if that's the service type on the prepaid sticker.

If you call back they should be able to tell you what day it will be collected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

It says on label UPS Standard and also "Return Service - Payment Guaranteed". Ok I will give it a few days. Find it hard to speak to anyone. The phone number is an automated message and when I got through to someone they said someone from the depot would call back but didn't. My concern is I don't ever see UPS vans in the area. For deliveries I think they are handed off to Fastway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭tphase

It says on label UPS Standard and also "Return Service - Payment Guaranteed". Ok I will give it a few days. Find it hard to speak to anyone. The phone number is an automated message and when I got through to someone they said someone from the depot would call back but didn't. My concern is I don't ever see UPS vans in the area. For deliveries I think they are handed off to Fastway.
    In that case, Fastway will almost certainly pick it up. Did you try calling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Find it hard to speak to anyone. The phone number is an automated message and when I got through to someone they said someone from the depot would call back but didn't.

+353 1 52 45446
    Is this the number you are using?

• Advertisement

tphase wrote: »
    In that case, Fastway will almost certainly pick it up. Did you try calling them?

Fastway? That will be my next port of call. I have had to reschedule it again for Monday as no collected or called today so we will see. Always wary when I don't know of anyone who availed of the service around here just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭tphase

Fastway? That will be my next port of call. I have had to reschedule it again for Monday as no collected or called today so we will see. Always wary when I don't know of anyone who availed of the service around here just.
    If you check the Fastway website, I think you can get the mobile number for the driver in your area. In my experience, you're better off talking to the driver because there's usually a disconnect between head office in Dublin and the guys who actually do the work...:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fastway? Are you sure it’s not Nightline? UPS own Nightline.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Fastway? Are you sure it’s not Nightline? UPS own Nightline.

I'm not certain it could well be Nightline. I'm not sure. Nightline do deliver here as far as I know but they don't have a depot. Very hard to get speaking from UPS who is actually aware and can direct me.

Advertisement