Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price increase after paying contract

Options
  • 15-02-2019 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Trying to understand what my options are in the following scenario.

I ordered a wooden floor before Christmas, agreed a price and paid a deposit. I have a written invoice for this. I agreed to pay a 50% deposit when the wood was delivered and the remainder when it was installed.

The person I dealt with is out sick and the new person I'm dealing with is now saying I need to pay an additional €800 and also I need to pay a 50% before the wood get's delivered.

I'm highly suspicious having been burnt before but am wondering will I forfeit my deposit if I cancel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You agreed a price, you paid the deposit, tell them take a run and jump

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Travelling van salesperson by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 markew

No, it's a bricks and mortar shop. A small family run business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tell them you'll pay what was agreed and show them the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

markew wrote: »
    I forfeit my deposit if I cancel?
    no, if this was the case you would have heard of loads of scamsters taking deposits for fleets of cars worth 50k, then telling them you need to pay 2million more, and people would obviously not pay it.

A lot of these things become quite obvious if you think of them in the extreme, if they wanted 1million more for the wood do you think you would be at risk of losing it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sounds like they got their pricing wrong and trying to wriggle out of it or bump up the price, stand your ground, you have a valid contract in place, small business will mean reputation is key so they need to stand over their agreement

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement