Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation (Currently on Hold 2 hours)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Silverfluffs

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    I contacted Eir on the 8th of February to close my account.

I was told that I would receive an email with a code that I had to enter online in order to close the a/c. 

When I still had not received an email after a week, I contacted Eir Live Chat who told me that everything was in order & not to worry. I have screenshots of this conversation.

I heard nothing more until I received my regular email notification of my new bill on the 6th of March. I again contacted Live Chat, who told me that I would receive the closure email once my notice period was over.

As of today, Tuesday the 11th of March, I still have not received the closure email, so I again rang 1901. I was on hold for 35 mins when I was cut off. I rang back again & I was on hold for an hour this time when I finally got through. The person with a Cork accent who answered was polite & seemed helpful. He told me that he couldn't understand why I didn't receive the email. He said that I should have received that email straight away! He said that he would need to put me on hold in order to speak with his supervisor & I was then dumped back into the queue. After 20 mins a woman with an English accent answered, I explained the situation. She asked me to hold for a second & immediately dumped me back into the queue.

I then contacted Live Chat, who told me that I had to ring 1901.

At the end of my tether I have now cancelled my Eir Direct Debit. I will of course pay them any money owed, which shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 days of my monthly bill by debit card, if they ever manage to issue me with a final bill.

I have sent an email to [email=<strong>ccm@eir.ie</strong>]ccm@eir.ie[/email] informing them of all of the above. I requested an official complaint number. I received an automated response almost immediately saying that the matter would be investigated by a member of the Customer Care Team & that they would get back to me shortly. With an added line, that due to higher than normal complaint volumes, there may be a delay of up to 5 days.

Funny that, as the Eir reps on here have stated that email address no longer woks. Dishonesty seems to be a company wide policy. I will never, ever sign up with Eir again.I was only with them, so as not to have to pay separately for the BT Sport pack. But it looks like come the summer that they will have lost that now anyway: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

If this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction within 10 days, I will be lodging an official complaint with ComReg.

I would like to thank @Paddy19 for all the information that he has provided across numerous threads in the Eir forum. I was at my wits' end until I read his advice.

I will follow up on here when I hear back

Edited for a formatting problem.
    Just to follow up on this. I rang ComReg this morning on 01 8049600 & they were super nice. I was only on hold a short few mins before getting through. I hate having to make phone calls like this, but they couldn't have been more helpful. They issued me with a case reference number & told me to ring them back tomorrow, as it would then be 10 working days since I had emailed an official complaint to Eir at ccm@eir.ie. I've heard nothing back from Eir, other than the initial automated response.

So if you are having problems don't waste your time & energy on hold to Eir for endless hours. Email an official complaint to ccm@eir.ie. Wait 10 working days & then contact ComReg on 01 8049600.

I will follow up again here once the matter has been finally resolved. 
    Hi Silverfluffs

I have sent you a pm

Many thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi. I can now confirm that my a/c is showing as closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Gonna cancel my account with them now.
    Just going to cancel my direct Debit and send them a cancellation letter directly by registered post. 
    Will pay the final bill at my leisure .
    Seems to be no point dealing with the 'customer service'  

Advertisement