Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cig lighter

• 15-02-2019 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place but I'll plough on.

The cig lighter in my ix35 is not working. Its not a fuse problem as the other things working off the same fuse are fine.

Does anyone know of anyone around Kildare that would replace/repair it for me.

Kildare town/Newbridge/Naas or anywhere nearby.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

N.S.A.Bot wrote: »

The cig lighter in my ix35 is not working. Its not a fuse problem as the other things working off the same fuse are fine.

Thanks.

Have you tried to plug something else into the socket, phone charger for example. Just to see if it's the socket or the actual lighter unit itself.
    If it's just the lighter unit, they are all pretty much the same, so apart from how they look a unit from any other car should be ok.
    If you wish to PM me , I might be able to suggest something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

swarlb wrote: »
    Have you tried to plug something else into the socket, phone charger for example. Just to see if it's the socket or the actual lighter unit itself.
    If it's just the lighter unit, they are all pretty much the same, so apart from how they look a unit from any other car should be ok.
    If you wish to PM me , I might be able to suggest something.

Should have said in my op, I tried several other chargers in the socket. They work in the other socket but not in the cig lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Should have said in my op, I tried several other chargers in the socket. They work in the other socket but not in the cig lighter.

All you need to establish then if the problem is with the socket, or power to the socket. They can be difficult to remove at times as they are usually clipped into place but not designed to clip out easily.
    As I said if you wish to PM, I may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Secret biscuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks.

Are you sure it's a shared fuse? Cigarette lighters draw a big current and are usually a 15A or bigger fuse on their own. Also check for power outlet fuses as well.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's a shared fuse? Cigarette lighters draw a big current and are usually a 15A or bigger fuse on their own. Also check for power outlet fuses as well.

The book says that the cig lighter, front power outlet and rear power outlet are on the same 25 amp fuse. Both of the others are working perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The book says that the cig lighter, front power outlet and rear power outlet are on the same 25 amp fuse. Both of the others are working perfectly.

Is there only 1 fuse box?

Can you see inside it in case something fell in?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Is there only 1 fuse box?

Can you see inside it in case something fell in?

Yeah, only one. I took out the fuse to check it and it is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Edit - brain not switched on!

Advertisement