Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in England and Finishing PME

• 16-02-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys,

I'm in the last semester of my PME, I was looking at going to England to teach when I finish. Just wonder if anyone on here has done that and how did it work with doing the Teaching Council requirements of the 300 hours?

Also, would anyone have any idea where I could get a good sample CV for teaching? hoping to get one out to schools in my area and get my name out there for supervision etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ToTheSea

Just refreshing this post.

Can anyone offer any advice pleae?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 funkypumpkins

I am an Irish NQT who trained over here in England so I can help with the job search.

There are two ways, applying to schools directly or via an agency:

In England, if you are applying to schools directly for jobs, via TES/Indeed/the county council website of the area you wish to live in, all schools require you to fill out an application form instead of providing a CV. Though it's time consuming, it's because of safer recruitment practices here.

The other option is to job hunt via an Education Recruitment Agency (There are many as I work as a Supply/Substitute Teacher). They can be a necessary evil. Atm I am working day to day supply and work part time. The good thing about being hired through an agency is you can easily leave a school if you are not happy with the post, but there is the lack of security also...There is a recruitment agency KS Education and a lady called Maeve who has experience of helping Irish teachers get their 300 hours in the Essex/ London area. I am based in the Midlands and haven't wanted to move, so I avoided that option.

You also might need to register for QTS with your teaching qualification
    https://teacherservices.education.gov.uk/

Feel free to PM if you need more info

Advertisement