Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't top up mobile dongle

Options
  • 16-02-2019 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have credit put on the account. However the log in page to select the credit won't load saying some error. Tried it yesterday and again today and it won't work.

Proxy Error
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /PacketCoreAOC/AOCControllerServlet.
    Reason: Error during SSL Handshake with remote server

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi

I have credit put on the account. However the log in page to select the credit won't load saying some error. Tried it yesterday and again today and it won't work.

Proxy Error
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /PacketCoreAOC/AOCControllerServlet.

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf

We can't deal with technical issues through our Social Media platform.  You would need to call 1901 or click here to chat to one of our technical agents online.  If there is anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to contact me further.

Many thanks
    ~Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is the chat with an Irish rep?

Hello!

Hello!
    Hi Tigerandahalf

Can you pm me the following information please and I will look into this for you. 

Account number:
    Account Name:
    Are you the account holder?
    PIN?
    Serial Number and PIN number on the top up voucher?

Regards

Linzi

I top up through my online banking. It debited my account.
    The problem as I described above is the eir page not loading - where I select the amount of data to add.

• Advertisement

The problem as I described above is the eir page not loading - where I select the amount of data to add.
    Hi Tigerandahalf

Can you pm me the details that I requested and what plan you want and I can activate it for you.

Thanks

Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you can send text from within the dongle via browser (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1) use the code for the pass required
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/prepay/

If there's no texting available through dongle via browser, temporarily put the SIM in a phone and send text for the pass to 50104

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I use a bill pay dongle for mobile broadband and have had the same error message in the last few days

Proxy Error

As a work around I logged in to myEir using my phone and was able to buy a data addon boost for the dongle that way (I had reached the data plan limit).

Using the mobile data dongle my browser wasn't redirected to the web page to buy a data addon as would usually happen if I reach the data plan limit.

It looks like there is a problem with the system for top-up / data add-on that effects both pre-pay and bill-pay mobile data customers.

I replied to your Pm

Thanks
    Linzi

Advertisement