Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera power supply unit help!

Options
  • 16-02-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

This is a pic of a power supply to an outdoor camera that has failed. 5 cameras on the house in total, fitted 10 years ago approx, other 4 with same power supply unit working fine.

Can anyone let me know where I can get one of these fairly quick or a link to buy online?

Many thanks in advance, S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

This is a pic of a power supply to an outdoor camera that has failed. 5 cameras on the house in total, fitted 10 years ago approx, other 4 with same power supply unit working fine.

Can anyone let me know where I can get one of these fairly quick or a link to buy online?

Many thanks in advance, S.

Its a standard 12V power supply.
    Most of the suppliers here would sort you with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Does each individual cctv Camera need a seperate power supply as far as i know person who installed mine spliced the wires and daisy chained multiple cameras to the DC power jack. I think my DC jacks each supply 3 or 4 cameras seems to have worked for a few years anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Does each individual cctv Camera need a seperate power supply as far as i know person who installed mine spliced the wires and daisy chained multiple cameras to the DC power jack. I think my DC jacks each supply 3 or 4 cameras seems to have worked for a few years anyway

Some will be split using a higher amp rated power supply.
    Can be separate power supplies also.

Advertisement