Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting for pool.journalmedia.ie

Options
  • 16-02-2019 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

CHrome browser

Boards is taking up like 50% of my CPU.

If I check the bottom left of my browser (the area where a URL appears when you hover over a link) is says "waiting for pool.journalmedia.ie..." constantly flicking on and off a few times a second. My fan was going mad and I checked which process was causing this and tracked it down to this website. I've only got two tabs open, and it's fluxuating between 20 and 60 percent CPU usage.

If I check CHromes built in task manager, it says subframe journalmedia.ie is taking up the CPU usage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Clear cache and cookies - done
    Restart your browser - done
    Try a different browser - opera is fine
    Try incognito mode - seems to work
    Restart your machine -done
    Try a different computer - n/a

The URL of the page you were on when the error occurred - all pages
    Steps to reproduce the process - open boards.ie
    Screenshots - no need
    What you expected to happen - normal cpu levels
    What actually happened - 60% cpu
    The results of the Diagnostics page:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Operating System: Unknown OS Platform[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.109 Safari/537.36[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your Browser[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Javascript Enabled: Yes[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cookies Enabled: Yes[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Java Enabled: No[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flash Version: Not installed[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your Resolution[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Screen: 1920 x 1080[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Current Browser: 1920 x 947[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colour: 24 bit[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our Server[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date/Time: Saturday 16th of February 2019, 15:13:00[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Name: www.boards.ie (www4)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LocalStorage[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LS/SS Enabled: Yes[/font]

Whether you are using the Legacy or Responsive site - legacy. but this doesn't happen on responsive. i guess i'll stick with responsive
    Whether you are based in Ireland or overseas - ireland
    Whether you are in an office / operating behind a proxy/firewall -no

Advertisement