Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail barcode database

Options
  • 16-02-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could find a database of barcodes and the associated item for products on sale in retail outlets in Ireland? For example I want to obtain a database that shows the barcode of a 2 litre bottle of coke, a litre of milk, a tub of butter etc

Is this available somewhere or would it need to be compiled from each individual wholesaler/retailer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭blackbox

I don't think that such a database is available.

The manufacturers of goods buy blocks of barcodes from the controlling body and apply these to their products.

When supplying to the retailer they advise them on the barcode of each of their products.

I think manufacturers only know the codes of what they produce and the retailers know the codes of what they stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

All symbol groups maintain this database and provide it to their stores, and they keep it updated on a weekly basis. Independent stores also have this and should have the ability to export them

Nearly all EPOS companies selling systems in Ireland will also be able to provide this information

There is also http://product-open-data.com/ but its for the whole world.

Do you mind me asking why you are looking for this as I might be able to push you in the right direction

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

Advertisement