Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a notional end date, contract due to end soon

Options
  • 16-02-2019 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there. My contract is due to expire in less than 3 months. I am currently on a maternity contract with a notional end date in May. However the person I am covering for has now taken up a new role so won't be returning to role in currently doing.

Would it be OK to email my HR department to ask them about my contract and see if I can get a new contract issued? My manager is supportive of this, he previously mentioned that he'd like to get me a permanent contract. Does it matter that my current contraxt is still maternity cover if the person I am covering has now signed a new contract for a different role? Or would they still have to wait for this contract to expire before renegotiating?

Also I would like to negotiate a change of pay grade in any new contract, would that be possible without having to reinterview?
    I'm in the public sector.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

You can absolutely talk to HR/management about this.

It might be better if your supportive manager talks to HR on your behalf.

Advertisement