Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox Calls

• 16-02-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Would it be worth having a separate thread on which fox calls are currently working. And maybe what weather conditions were prevailing at the time the foxs were being called. How bright the moon was etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Benny mcc

Best to just get out and try them 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

The last 3 that ive shot have been dog foxes that wouldn't move from where they were lying in the middle of fields so we just walked in to range and got the shot off.
    we followed the yelps and barking of a pair mating to where we found one of them so id say the poor fella was worn out. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Hunter456

shot 2 the other night with the scotch hare call, seen nothing in the field at first and started to call low and behold a fox came tearing in like a train. all year i seem to be getting good reactions from foxes using this call.

Called one in from about 400 yards to 100 odd with a tenterfield caller from best fox call uk on Tuesday night.
    Ive had a good bit of success with that all winter actually.

hrcbob wrote: »
    Called one in from about 400 yards to 100 odd with a tenterfield caller from best fox call uk on Tuesday night.
    Ive had a good bit of success with that all winter actually.

We make them from aluminium sheeting and they work good especially on rabbit ground.

• Advertisement

Benny mcc wrote: »
    We make them from aluminium sheeting and they work good especially on rabbit ground.

Mine is stainless and came as a package deal with the plastic harmonica type which I never have any luck with. I just cant work the thing. It either sounds like a poxy party whistle or I can't get anything out of it.

Back of the hand is very handy too and I never leave home without it. ;)

hrcbob wrote: »
    Mine is stainless and came as a package deal with the plastic harmonica type which I never have any luck with. I just cant work the thing. It either sounds like a poxy party whistle or I can't get anything out of it.

Back of the hand is very handy too and I never leave home without it. ;)
    I got one of them plastic harmonica ones from Amazon for 90 cent and it's ****e

Back of the hand is probably the best
    Some nights nothing work's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Benny mcc wrote: »
    I got one of them plastic harmonica ones from Amazon for 90 cent and it's ****e

Back of the hand is probably the best
    Some nights nothing work's

Them s***e one's, also known as UK fox call, is one of my favourite fox call. You can get such a varied sound and pitch out of them. Yes they often tend to clog up, but most calls do that. I've used them for years, lamping with a shotgun, and it often brings them right in. Agree with the back of the hand being excellent. Of course some are better at it than others lol

Advertisement