Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compressed air?

Options
  • 16-02-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Where do people buy their cans of compressed air for dusting PCs etc please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Never do I just use a blow gun on a compressor. The local computer shop does the same. In case you do that its worth dialing down the pressure a bit so you don't do any damage. I also hold onto the fans when I blow them clean, I don't like wizzing them around really fast, from experience they sometimes fail shortly after.

All the office supply companies do cans of compress air (eg Viking Direct) but Dealz sometimes has them https://www.dealz.ie/air-duster .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

my3cents wrote: »
    Never do I just use a blow gun on a compressor. The local computer shop does the same. In case you do that its worth dialing down the pressure a bit so you don't do any damage. I also hold onto the fans when I blow them clean, I don't like wizzing them around really fast, from experience they sometimes fail shortly after.

All the office supply companies do cans of compress air (eg Viking Direct) but Dealz sometimes has them https://www.dealz.ie/air-duster .

Dealz it will be so, that you!

I'm hoping to fix a drifting joystick on a Nintendo Switch as it happens.

Apart from the environmental impact, any difference I should be aware of when it comes to compressed gas vs compressed air?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

long_b wrote: »

Isopropyl alcohol or switch cleaner may be more appropriate for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

..........any difference I should be aware of when it comes to compressed gas vs compressed air?
    Don't smoke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Dealz it will be so, that you!

Apart from the environmental impact, any difference I should be aware of when it comes to compressed gas vs compressed air?

Contact or switch cleaner then, comes in spray can with tube like wd40

• Advertisement
Advertisement