Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Banking - is it worth it?

• 16-02-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently applied for a mortgage through my own personal bank. The mortgage adviser was very confident about my position as I had managed to save some money, accumulate a little property and Im a share holder in a business thats doing ok.

The mortgage adviser that handled the inquiry rang my wife the other evening and asked her was it ok that she handed our file over to their private banking section - that one of their guys had looked at our file and wanted to pick it up.

My question is - what are the benefits to using private banking? Is it worth it? Am I going to pay a whole lot more in bank fees for a service that Im not really going to use...what are they going to do extra for me or what value is there?

Advertisement